• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2015 Week Seven: Meet Texas, your 2015 National Champions

Just fire Haden already and reboot the entire athletic department. Aside from all the fuckkery, Sark and Enfield were both crap hires. That alone should have him on the hottest of hot seats.

Bovada said:
Kyle Whittingham, Utah - 3.5/1
Chip Kelly, Philadelphia Eagles - 6/1
Bryan Harsin, Boise State - 6/1
Tom Herman, Houston - 7/1
Justin Fuente, Memphis - 7/1
Clay Helton, USC interim coach - 8/1
Jack Del Rio, Oakland Raiders - 8/1
Chris Petersen, Washington - 9/1
Brian Kelly, Notre Dame - 9/1
Kevin Sumlin, Texas A&M - 11/1
Gary Patterson, TCU - 11/1
Mark Dantonio, Michigan State - 15/1

Its gonna be Whittingham.

Predict the total number of passes attempted!
Oregon State v. Washington State - 91 passes

Thursday
Auburn (-2.5) v. Kentucky NO COVER
UCLA v. Stanford (-7.5) NO COVER

Saturday
Mississippi (-9.5) v. Memphis COVER
Texas Tech (-34.5) v. Kansas COVER
Iowa (-6.5) v. Northwestern NO COVER
Alabama (-3.5) v. TAMU COVER
Michigan State v. Michigan (-6.5) NO COVER
BC v. Clemson (-17.5) COVER
Florida v. LSU (-7.5) COVER
USC v. Notre Dame (-9.5) COVER
PSU v. OSU (-16.5) COVER

DOES THE STRIKE-THROUGH MEAN NOTHING TO YOU PEOPLE?

The strike-through doesn't paste.

...I saw it.

:D

Where is mre's avatar?

QHZ8Idx.jpg

ryseing

Where is mre's avatar?

Fozzie went primetime television on us. Got a cocky larger than life attitude and C&D'd our small town lawya. I don't see the Muppets taking off in primetime so his star will come crashing back to Earth soon enough. Question is when Fozzie comes crawling back will mre let him back in the avatar with open arms? We'll have to wait and see

Lunar15

Assuming it was Nanni? Dude knows his shit.

If you're not listening to Shutdown Fullcast you're doing CFB wrong.

Nah it was Spencer. Still worth reading: http://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...a-florida?_ga=1.69032409.937165574.1420228696

Spencer, because it's definitely written from a Florida viewpoint.

I dunno, the weird complaints that him leaving halfway through the season is selfish still strikes me as odd. It's not like they were going anywhere, they've already lost the division race. They now have more time to look for a new coach and he was probably already under pressure from the boosters and staff to leave.

But what do I know, I'm clearly biased.

andycapps

Get the feeling South Carolina told Steve you're going to retire after the season. He probably said fuck that I'm retiring now.
I doubt it. He's taken them to heights they'd never been to before. Earned the right to choose his time. It's more likely that as he said, it's a lot harder at his age when you're losing. Also, crootin was getting to be too much for him.

Just fire Haden already and reboot the entire athletic department. Aside from all the fuckkery, Sark and Enfield were both crap hires. That alone should have him on the hottest of hot seats.

Agreed. I don't know why he isn't fired now to get a new AD and so they can start the next coach search. He handled this as terribly as possible.

Its gonna be Whittingham.

That would be the hire that makes the most sense.

MrJames

ESPN is going Spurrier crazy. SEC Network showing the Florida/FSU 52-20 Sugar Bowl blowout and ESPNU is showing the SC/Bama game from 2010.

Both USCs lost their head coaches this week. Both were named Steve. Both had the initials SS. Both were former college quarterbacks....follow the money.

Talon

Not feeling all of the OBC love after the juvenile way he acted any time the prospect of retirement came up, or the shitty and sleazy ways he went after journalists who dared to challenge him.

I generally don't have much respect for coaches who are too obstinate to realize they need to hang it up. They're willing to hold their programs back because they're too fucking arrogant to get the hell out.
Dude, he was the only coach in the country that actually recognized college football as a game and wasn't a self-important stick in the mud for about a solid ten years when he first started coaching.

Not to mention we wouldn't have Oregon, Baylor, Urbz, et al scoring and throwing at this pace without those run n gun teams kicking it off at the college level.

We owe the OBC a debt of gratitude.

Just watched the 30 for 30 on USC. After being reminded of the sanctions they got beat down with, it still amazes me that Child Molester U got away as cleanly as they did.

Ryuuroden

Just watched the 30 for 30 on USC. After being reminded of the sanctions they got beat down with, it still amazes me that Child Molester U got away as cleanly as they did.

I took footage of the Penn State practice today. I am in State College finishing up some work and I heard them pumping in Buckeye crowd noise so I went over to watch through the fence and record some of it to post on Facebook, lol

I wish I was wearing my Ohio State stuff but I guess if I had done that, they would have taken notice of the fact I was filming their practice.

Tiebreaker
Oregon State v. Washington State - 75 passes

Thursday
Auburn (-2.5) v. Kentucky NO COVER
UCLA v. Stanford (-7.5) COVER

Saturday
Mississippi (-9.5) v. Memphis COVER
Texas Tech (-34.5) v. Kansas COVER
Iowa (-6.5) v. Northwestern NO COVER
Alabama (-3.5) v. TAMU COVER
Michigan State v. Michigan (-6.5) COVER
BC v. Clemson (-17.5) NO COVER
Florida v. LSU (-7.5) COVER
USC v. Notre Dame (-9.5) COVER
PSU v. OSU (-16.5) NO COVER

That shit was too hard to watch for me still. It was on at the gym and I had to forcefully look away when they were replaying the Rose Bowl. I think that's the only sporting moment that does that to me. What a gut punch that was. That game and last season's Super Bowl must have given Pete Carroll and ulcer. I don't know how he does it.

That shit was too hard to watch for me still. It was on at the gym and I had to forcefully look away when they were replaying the Rose Bowl. I think that's the only sporting moment that does that to me. What a gut punch that was. That game and last season's Super Bowl must have given Pete Carroll and ulcer. I don't know how he does it.

Recovery Water

ESPN is going Spurrier crazy. SEC Network showing the Florida/FSU 52-20 Sugar Bowl blowout and ESPNU is showing the SC/Bama game from 2010.

That game is probably one of the most infuriating games for long time Seminole fans-we escaped with a win by the narrowest of margins at home that year and then Nebraska, who we could actually might beat on a neutral field, got upset vs. Texas in the CCG and we had to play the Gators again and got blasted.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

Yeah, it must be hard to lose the National Championship game in epic fashion in one of the best games in the history of college sports after finishing first in the AP poll two years before and winning the BCS MNC the year before. Sounds super difficult as a fan!

Yeah, it must be hard to lose the National Championship game in epic fashion in one of the best games in the history of college sports after finishing first in the AP poll two years before and winning the BCS MNC the year before. Sounds super difficult as a fan!

a close loss is worse to take than a 7 game series, or a blowout is all I'm saying. Especially seeing it replayed and seeing all the plays that the Trojans fucked up on. One of those plays could have been the difference. Fucking Vince Young!

squicken

OU losing to SC the year before the UT game was sorta the harbinger for OU's future. The talent disparity was so huge. It was the same when they played Florida in 2008. Stoops made his name being better than Mack Brown and overcoming the talent difference, but there was a limit to that. And a guy like Pete was just a better coach anyway

The biggest issue I had with that 30 for 30 was how much it deified Texas and Mack. Chronic underachievers. And the stuff about their spread offense being ahead of everyone was dumb. Rich Rod and Urbz were already doing that by design. VY was just ad-libbing, which he was very good at

ryseing

"Remember that time we beat FSU. No, that other time."

So true it hurts.

Predict the total number of passes attempted!
Oregon State v. Washington State- 75

Thursday
Auburn (-2.5) v. Kentucky- NO COVER
UCLA v. Stanford (-7.5)- NO COVER

Saturday
Mississippi (-9.5) v. Memphis- NO COVER
Texas Tech (-34.5) v. Kansas- COVER
Iowa (-6.5) v. Northwestern- NO COVER
Alabama (-3.5) v. TAMU- NO COVER
Michigan State v. Michigan (-6.5)- NO COVER
BC v. Clemson (-17.5)- COVER
USC v. Notre Dame (-9.5)- COVER
PSU v. OSU (-16.5)- NO COVER

OU losing to SC the year before the UT game was sorta the harbinger for OU's future. The talent disparity was so huge. It was the same when they played Florida in 2008. Stoops made his name being better than Mack Brown and overcoming the talent difference, but there was a limit to that. And a guy like Pete was just a better coach anyway

The biggest issue I had with that 30 for 30 was how much it deified Texas and Mack. Chronic underachievers. And the stuff about their spread offense being ahead of everyone was dumb. Rich Rod and Urbz were already doing that by design. VY was just ad-libbing, which he was very good at
hmm VY *did* ad lib a lot but its not true that they didn't design an offense around VYs abilities. The spread zone read was installed after that OU loss the year before the championship run. i cant say what rich rod and urban were doing before 2005, but VY did seem like the first of his kind given he was the first to pass for 3k and run for 1k in the same season

dude was a beast. i wouldnt give mack and davis much credit though. they were obviously relatively average football coaches with good management skills which mostly meant letting the really talented players do their thing and get out of the way.

Draxal

So apparently there's concern that tOSU's rb Kareem Walker will flip to Michigan.

I honestly love that Harbs is doing such a great job, as this Meyer/Harbaugh rivalry will be must see tv.

Top Bottom