• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2015 Week Seven: Meet Texas, your 2015 National Champions

Funfact: even with UM sucking cock for the better part of a decade, and MSU winning 6 of 7, the Spartans have still only won in AA twice since 1991, one of which was against RR's first team that finished 3-9.

Still wondering what's going on with that spread?

Goodnight, Spartans. Sweet dreams.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Funfact: even with UM sucking cock for the better part of a decade, and MSU winning 6 of the last 7, the Spartans have still only won in AA twice since 1991, one of which was against RR's first team that finished 3-9.

It is like you don't want to win or something.

Lunar15

You lost me when you said you rooted for us, but that's cool man. I don't hate fans of other teams, just the football program. Although some individual fans of other schools have tried my patience over the years when they get a little drunk, but we all have our bad days.

Well, two reasons: First, I like y'all to be nice and undefeated whenever we play you. Second, my sister went there and I think it's a pretty awesome school. I also like Richt a lot.

I actually own a bulldogs shirt don't tell other gators shhhh

andycapps

Well, two reasons: First, I like y'all to be nice and undefeated whenever we play you. Second, my sister went there and I think it's a pretty awesome school. I also like Richt a lot.
Ha I like you man. You're a good dude. I agree about all of the above, though my opinions of Richt are in the "it's complicated" stage right now.

Yeah, good stuff. Saw the cracked article before but not the EW thing. Such a sad ending for him.

Yeah.. It is depressing.

Last I checked neither of them pointed guns at their pregnant girlfriend's heads or committed multiple murders, so id say they are doing alright.

Oh you..

Jennifer-Lawrence-ok-thumbs-up.gif

Talon

a close loss is worse to take than a 7 game series, or a blowout is all I'm saying. Especially seeing it replayed and seeing all the plays that the Trojans fucked up on. One of those plays could have been the difference. Fucking Vince Young!
That Korean cornerback that was caught a few years later taking PEDs screwed you.

FOLLOW THE MONEY

The way I look it is South Carolina football is a sinking ship and Spurrier was the captain, a captain should go down with the ship instead bailing out and leaving them to their doom.

Here's the problem with that analogy: in an actual, sinking ship, the crew and captain have pretty much resigned to them all dying. That'd be like if South Carolina announced this year was the last year they were going to have a football program.

But imagine a sinking ship where, if the captain were to relinquish control, they'd have a chance of righting it and getting to their original destination quicker. That, or the alternative, where the stubborn captain stays on and not only delays the reaching of that destination but potentially destroys their chances of reaching it for YEARS.

That's how I see it, anyway.

Dsyndrome

Oregon State v. Washington State: 84 PASS ATTEMPTS

Thursday
Auburn (-2.5) v. Kentucky: NO COVER
UCLA v. Stanford (-7.5): NO COVER

Saturday
Mississippi (-9.5) v. Memphis: COVER
Texas Tech (-34.5) v. Kansas: NO COVER
Iowa (-6.5) v. Northwestern: COVER
Alabama (-3.5) v. TAMU: COVER
Michigan State v. Michigan (-6.5): NO COVER
BC v. Clemson (-17.5): NO COVER
Florida v. LSU (-7.5): COVER
USC v. Notre Dame (-9.5): COVER
PSU v. OSU (-16.5): COVER

Oregon State v. Washington State: 111 PASS ATTEMPTS

Thursday
Auburn (-2.5) v. Kentucky: NO COVER
UCLA v. Stanford (-7.5): NO COVER

Saturday
Mississippi (-9.5) v. Memphis: NO COVER
Texas Tech (-34.5) v. Kansas: COVER
Iowa (-6.5) v. Northwestern: NO COVER
Alabama (-3.5) v. TAMU: NO COVER
Michigan State v. Michigan (-6.5): NO COVER
BC v. Clemson (-17.5): NO COVER
Florida v. LSU (-7.5): COVER
USC v. Notre Dame (-9.5): COVER
PSU v. OSU (-16.5): COVER[/QUOTE]

KYLE FLOOD'S FIRST NEWS CONFERENCE AFTER THE UNFAIR AND SHAMEFUL SUSPENSION WAS A SLAM DUNK!

GREAT JOB COACH. WAY TO PUT THOSE WHINING BOZO MEDIA PEOPLE IN THEIR PLACE

Predict the total number of passes attempted!
Oregon State v. Washington State - 93 PASSES

Thursday
Auburn (-2.5) v. Kentucky - NO COVER
UCLA v. Stanford (-7.5) - COVER

Saturday
Mississippi (-9.5) v. Memphis - COVER
Texas Tech (-34.5) v. Kansas - COVER
Iowa (-6.5) v. Northwestern - NO COVER
Alabama (-3.5) v. TAMU - COVER
Michigan State v. Michigan (-6.5) - NO COVER
BC v. Clemson (-17.5) - NO COVER
USC v. Notre Dame (-9.5) - NO COVER
PSU v. OSU (-16.5) - COVER

Oregon State v. Washington State 94

Thursday
Auburn (-2.5) v. Kentucky COVER
UCLA v. Stanford (-7.5) COVER

Saturday
Mississippi (-9.5) v. Memphis NO COVER
Texas Tech (-34.5) v. Kansas NO COVER
Iowa (-6.5) v. Northwestern NO COVER
Alabama (-3.5) v. TAMU COVER
Michigan State v. Michigan (-6.5) NO COVER
BC v. Clemson (-17.5) COVER
Florida v. LSU (-7.5) COVER
USC v. Notre Dame (-9.5) COVER
PSU v. OSU (-16.5) NO COVER

El_Chino

Dude did some shit at Flawda too, Urban knew and even tried to have Tebow give some of that Jesus light to him.
He was involved in a shooting in some way in Gainesville, not exactly sure if he was the one who pulled the trigger. Not defending him of course.

I think this subject should be closed, Urban isn't at Florida anymore and doesn't recruit for us either.

Oregon State v. Washington State - 85 PASSES

Thursday
Auburn (-2.5) v. Kentucky - NO COVER
UCLA v. Stanford (-7.5) - No COVER

Saturday
Mississippi (-9.5) v. Memphis - No COVER
Michigan State v. Michigan (-6.5) - COVER
BC v. Clemson (-17.5) - COVER
PSU v. OSU (-16.5) - COVER

Did someone cut & paste these spreads from a 1/2 pt teaser card? Seems like it.

Oregon State v. Washington State - 99 passes (but a catch ain't one)

Thursday
Auburn (-2.5) v. Kentucky - COVER
UCLA v. Stanford (-7.5) - COVER

Saturday
Mississippi (-9.5) v. Memphis - COVER
Michigan State v. Michigan (-6.5) - COVER
BC v. Clemson (-17.5) - NO COVER
Florida v. LSU (-7.5) - NO COVER
PSU v. OSU (-16.5) - NO COVER

Funfact: even with UM sucking cock for the better part of a decade, and MSU winning 6 of 7, the Spartans have still only won in AA twice since 1991, one of which was against RR's first team that finished 3-9.

Go Blue.

Who is ready to see us shut Fournette's ass down this weekend?

Maybe.

Possibly.

One thing I do like is having Geoff Collins on our side for this one. He has dealt with Fournette at MSU and this is a better group of defenders than any he's probably ever coached, so he should have a game plan.

andycapps

Who is ready to see us shut Fournette's ass down this weekend?

Maybe.

Possibly.

One thing I do like is having Geoff Collins on our side for this one. He has dealt with Fournette at MSU and this is a better group of defenders than any he's probably ever coached, so he should have a game plan.

Gameplan against LSU should be to stack the box and make their QB complete passes. Will be a good matchup.

Meier

It is absolutely amazing to me that there are reasonable people sharing that image that suggests Grier took the supplement to fight the flu. That is incredible on multiple levels.

Lunar15

I don't remember Forunette being a factor at all in our game with LSU last year. I remember containing him pretty well.

That said, that was then, this is now. He's beast mode at the moment.

It is absolutely amazing to me that there are reasonable people sharing that image that suggests Grier took the supplement to fight the flu. That is incredible on multiple levels.

Everyone knows that the best way to fight the flu is to gain 40 pounds of pure muscle in 3 months.

pxleyes

Banned
I don't remember Forunette being a factor at all in our game with LSU last year. I remember containing him pretty well.

That said, that was then, this is now. He's beast mode at the moment.

Everyone knows that the best way to fight the flu is to gain 40 pounds of pure muscle in 3 months.

You mean 23 pounds in about 12 months, right?

And anyone defending Grier by saying its for the flu is jumping through some serious mental hoops.

Oh and Ninja Scooter? Please go fuck yourself.

pxleyes

Banned
40 pounds in 3 months is almost physically impossible. I'm clearly joking around.

Dude, with the crazy numbers people are throwing around, who knows what people really think. People really think Grier went all WWE steroids in the last year. He doesn't look 'that' different.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion

And anyone defending Grier by saying its for the flu is jumping through some serious mental hoops.

Oh and Ninja Scooter? Please go fuck yourself.

Yeah, what I'm hearing is Grier went from about 185 in January to about 204 in the last few weeks.

That sounds like every high school football player after a few weeks/months in college to me. Except the 400 lb NT's that come in, those guys usually are forced on a weight loss program, except for this guy who played Tight End for Baylor

andycapps

Honestly, if he just wanted to put on weight, just take creatine. Pretty sure that's not banned by the NCAA as our body produces it anyway. Seems like a dumb, short-sighted decision by a college kid.

impirius

Great interview with Spurrier here on his motivation

“You take the scenario of staying,” he said. “Say I stay and we go 4-8, 5-7 and we all get fired or I resign and now all the assistants are out. I really like the interim coach thing, and I think every head coach should do it this way. So, by having an interim head coach, this guy gets a chance to turn it around. He gets a chance to say, ‘Come on guys. All you assistant guys, we’re fighting it together now or we’re all gone.’ Shawn has got these assistant coaches coaching their butts off, and I’m out of the picture. I don’t know how I could have turned it around.”
“I just told them, ‘You guys need a new message. My message, you have heard too often. It’s time you hear a different one, and coach Elliott is ready to give you a new message. Hopefully, it’ll stick in and, hopefully, you can get it turned around,’ ” he said. “Maybe my message was stale, yeah.”

And that’s why he had to go, he said.

“I sort of fired myself,” he said. “That’s one way to look at it. I don’t think I’ve done a very good job this year. I really don’t.”

andycapps

Now I really hope MSU kicks the shit out of scUM.

Tech painted the arch yellow years back. It happens. Reminds me of when a piece of Clempson's rock was stolen.

Ha, his motivation is he hates losing. He can spin it like he wanted to give someone else a chance, but he just doesn't have the motivation anymore to put in the hours it takes to recruit, coach, etc that he used to. Him trying to spin it as a good thing for USCe is pretty funny, and it may turn out to be a good thing for them, but I really don't think that was his primary motivation.

I think he's going to enjoy having more time to golf than he's had as a coach. It's been a running joke for years how much he likes to coach. He's going to have fun doing Gameday from Michigan on Saturday, and doing whatever shows he can, and he's going to enjoy playing a lot of golf.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Ha, his motivation is he hates losing. He can spin it like he wanted to give someone else a chance, but he just doesn't have the motivation anymore to put in the hours it takes to recruit, coach, etc that he used to. Him trying to spin it as a good thing for USCe is pretty funny, and it may turn out to be a good thing for them, but I really don't think that was his primary motivation.

I think he's going to enjoy having more time to golf than he's had as a coach. It's been a running joke for years how much he likes to coach. He's going to have fun doing Gameday from Michigan on Saturday, and doing whatever shows he can, and he's going to enjoy playing a lot of golf.
Spurrier was 44-40 at USC. If he'd finished out the season he almost certainly would have finished below .500 there, which would have tarnished his legacy there.

Gameplan against LSU should be to stack the box and make their QB complete passes. Will be a good matchup.

Yeah. Seems like it'd be simple, right? Then you play Fournette and you're like, "Wtf."

One thing perhaps of note is the starting FB who is his lead blocker on most of his runs is out with a knee injury for a few weeks. The replacement is a true freshman. Will be interesting to see if that has any impact.

Still, I like the idea of (LSU's) Harris throwing against Tabor and VH3. I keep saying if we can get some pressure on him we can probably force a couple of picks.

Top Bottom