• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2015 Week Three Thread: Make College Football Great Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

andycapps

Helfrich has got to go. He cannot call plays, devise a gameplan and that offense is going the way of the veer if he doesn't evolve.

You guys have, what, 4 plays? How hard is it to call one of them? Or did he add more to the playbook?

Interesting story somewhat related to this and the other spread teams, article last week regarding Bryce Petty. He has no idea how to declare the Mike linebacker in a defense or how to check to a different play at the line. Never did either in college. Blows my mind. No wonder NFL coaches are bitching so much about QBs these days.

I do find it funny how Kyle Flood supporters are trying to call the arrests at Rutgers "fairly typical" for a CFB program.

We beat Auburn for the Fulmer Cup. That's not typical.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
MOV Game (Tiebreaker ONLY)
Air Force vs. Michigan State - MSU by _21_

Thursday
Clemson (-4.5) vs. Louisville Cover

Saturday
Wake Forest (-3.5) vs. Army Cover
Stanford vs. USC (-14.5) Cover
South Carolina vs. Georgia (-13.5) No Cover
Auburn vs. LSU (-9.5) No Cover
Mississippi vs. Alabama (-6.5) Cover
Va Tech (-10.5) vs. Purdue Cover
BYU vs. UCLA (-15.5) No Cover
Georgia Tech vs. Notre Dame (-7.5) No Cover
Cal (-3.5) vs. Texas Cover

Air Force vs. Michigan State - MSU by 18

Thursday
Clemson (-4.5) vs. Louisville COVER

Saturday
Wake Forest (-3.5) vs. Army COVER
Stanford vs. USC (-14.5) COVER
South Carolina vs. Georgia (-13.5) COVER
Auburn vs. LSU (-9.5) COVER
Mississippi vs. Alabama (-6.5) NO COVER
Va Tech (-10.5) vs. Purdue COVER
BYU vs. UCLA (-15.5) NO COVER (Magic Underwear Power)
Georgia Tech vs. Notre Dame (-7.5) NO COVER
Cal (-3.5) vs. Texas COVER/Cyan (how far have you fallen Longhorns...)

Another week where I am not confident in my picks.

Westonian

Week 3 Picks

Air Force vs. Michigan State - MSU by 13

Thursday
Clemson (-4.5) vs. Louisville - COVER

Saturday
Wake Forest (-3.5) vs. Army - COVER
Stanford vs. USC (-14.5) - COVER
South Carolina vs. Georgia (-13.5) - COVER
Auburn vs. LSU (-9.5) - COVER
Mississippi vs. Alabama (-6.5) - NO COVER
Va Tech (-10.5) vs. Purdue - NO COVER
BYU vs. UCLA (-15.5) - NO COVER
Georgia Tech vs. Notre Dame (-7.5) - NO COVER
Cal (-3.5) vs. Texas - COVER

I thought rock bottom would be two years ago, but then you managed to beat Oklahoma inexplicably. Even last year was competitive. If you lose the shootout 45-3, then yes, you've hit bottom.

Would seem to me if they lose to Kansas that's rock bottom because.. No way that happens. Right?

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Ugh

Caught the sickness from my SO. Felt like shit all day yesterday, and I can't stop blowing my nose today.

Fuck this sucks ass.

KodaRuss

I thought rock bottom would be two years ago, but then you managed to beat Oklahoma inexplicably. Even last year was competitive. If you lose the shootout 45-3, then yes, you've hit bottom.

There have been quite a few rock bottoms. BYU, TCU, Arkansas, Notre Dame and in general Baylor winning multiple big 12 titles...

Getting killed by Cal would be another for sure. I think most Longhorns have to be optimistic about this weekend. The offense barely saw the field against Rice but they looked good when they did.

The defense was on the field a ton and had to be tired but there is no question they did not look that great other than the turnovers. They have some things to improve on that side of the ball. So many freshman making plays was a weird/good thing to see.

Rice's quarterback looked good because we kept missing him trying to arm tackle or over committing on a juke. Boykin is going to make us look like fools.

Overall they seemed to play with a different attitude under Heard. Really looking forward to the Cal game now.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Possibly already posted, but audio/video of Mcelwain's WHITEMANANGRY bit on his own player.

PM. I went to Bama's game so I definitely missed it. I know, Yahoo! doesn't go to games... :p

Yep, thanks. Stupid cut and paste.

You should have invited me ;P

Though, know someone who works in the University PD and can get pictures like this:
9rG13NR.jpg
Drake on hold with his broker

Saban planning on what the next unauthorized biography he's going to murder. Or maybe which kicker. Definitely not the special teams coach. Nope.

pxleyes

Banned
Air Force vs. Michigan State - MSU by 28

Thursday

Saturday
Auburn vs. LSU (-9.5) NO COVER
Mississippi vs. Alabama (-6.5) COVER
BYU vs. UCLA (-15.5) NO COVER
Cal (-3.5) vs. Texas CYAN

I popped over the Wyoming Pokes fan forum today to see the reactions to getting trashed by one of the worst teams in the FBS at home a week after getting beat at home to an FCS opponent. Ugly stuff.

Speaking of ugly they get to play in Pullman this weekend. Should be a hilarious game to watch if you can-Wazzu just passes every down and Wyoming managed 32 yards total passing yardage last week while getting almost 450 yards rushing. Neither team can play defense.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Possibly already posted, but audio/video of Mcelwain's WHITEMANANGRY bit on his own player.

You should have invited me ;P

Though, know someone who works in the University PD and can get pictures like this:

Drake on hold with his broker

Saban planning on what the next unauthorized biography he's going to murder. Or maybe which kicker. Definitely not the special teams coach. Nope.
Cool pictures. Took my 9 year old daughter to her first game, so couldn't have invited you.

I popped over the Wyoming Pokes fan forum today to see the reactions to getting trashed by one of the worst teams in the FBS at home a week after getting beat at home to an FCS opponent. Ugly stuff.

Speaking of ugly they get to play in Pullman this weekend. Should be a hilarious game to watch if you can-Wazzu just passes every down and Wyoming managed 32 yards total passing yardage last week while getting almost 450 yards rushing. Neither team can play defense.

The 3 time national champion coach at NDSU may be regretting his move to Wyoming. It still baffles me that he left what he had going at NDSU for Wyoming. If he was offered a P5 job then maybe...

The 3 time national champion coach at NDSU may be regretting his move to Wyoming. It still baffles me that he left what he had going at NDSU for Wyoming. If he was offered a P5 job then maybe...

He just needs some time and he's working with a very young team. I think he's in a better position than some of the other group of five or even P5 programs that seem perfectly content with being pretty bad. If you are just looking to move up to a good P5 program a trip to a Mountain West team with decent university backing (which Wyoming has) is a decent place to start. There's a reason Bobo went to CSU, if he can be successful there and in four years move to a HC job at a marquee P5 program.

He just needs some time and he's working with a very young team. I think he's in a better position than some of the other group of five or even P5 programs that seem perfectly content with being pretty bad. If you are just looking to move up to a good P5 program a trip to a Mountain West team with decent university backing (which Wyoming has) is a decent place to start. There's a reason Bobo went to CSU, if he can be successful there and in four years move to a HC job at a marquee P5 program.
Agreed. Rarely do coaches do well in their first year or two at a new program. He has the potential still to turn it around once his recruiting and schemes start taking effect.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Pat Mahomes named Big XII offensive player of the week for the 2nd week in a row. He has won the award in our last 3 straight games (going back to Baylor last season).

CO31YVQUAAATkxd.jpg

Aww yeah

Limedust

KodaRuss

Haha, awesome. I went to the TCU game this week. They stopped TCU on their first possession for a 3 and out but that was it. What a boring game 70-7 final score, told some of my Horned Frog friends that maybe it was time to stop picking on the FCS teams.

The show after Alabama lost in the semis/SEC West bowl meltdown was absolutely fantastic. Today's show might beat it.

Oh god.. I made sure I turned in for that. It was quite possibly the best thing I have ever seen on espn. My father sat down after walking from work and was laughing his ass off

desh

Air Force vs. Michigan State - MSU by 28

Thursday

Saturday
Auburn vs. LSU (-9.5) COVER
Mississippi vs. Alabama (-6.5) COVER
BYU vs. UCLA (-15.5) NO COVER
Cal (-3.5) vs. Texas CYAN

Chris R

Loved the close games and upsets last week, hope we can have more this weekend!

Also, you can take me off the list for the pickem stuff :( Missed last week (and did fucking terrible week 1)

Bielema: I'm not going to comment on any other team's schedule, but there were teams last year that lost early but came back later in season

We still going down this path Bert?

andycapps

Bielema: I'm not going to comment on any other team's schedule, but there were teams last year that lost early but came back later in season

We still going down this path Bert?

Hey Bert.

qB7TFxT.jpg

george_us said:

Haha Cowturd. Someone needs to tell him that they could compete with the top teams (clearly), but fly through the conference.. Not so fast my friend.

And yeah, QB's in the SEC are pretty awful at this point in the year. Could better ones emerge as the season goes on? Sure. Is a dominating QB key to a team winning their conference? Not always.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Loved the close games and upsets last week, hope we can have more this weekend!

Also, you can take me off the list for the pickem stuff :( Missed last week (and did fucking terrible week 1)
You should still participate. A lot of people have done awful both weeks so far, but this week has a lot of close spreads that are pretty much just picking the winners, so it could be a good week to make up ground.

Haha Cowturd. Someone needs to tell him that they could compete with the top teams (clearly), but fly through the conference.. Not so fast my friend.

And yeah, QB's in the SEC are pretty awful at this point in the year. Could better ones emerge as the season goes on? Sure. Is a dominating QB key to a team winning their conference? Not always.

It depends on which SEC division this hypothetical OSU-in-the-SEC gets placed in, really.

It's a stupid line of conversation to begin with, though. You play the hand you're dealt and let everything get sorted out in the playoff (which is why the playoff needs to expand).

And it's not like we're Baylor, who never schedules any non-conference challenges at all. We've got home-and-aways against Oklahoma, TCU, Oregon, Notre Dame and Texas all on the horizon.

andycapps

It depends on which SEC division this hypothetical OSU-in-the-SEC gets placed in, really.

It's a stupid line of conversation to begin with, though. You play the hand you're dealt and let everything get sorted out in the playoff (which is why the playoff needs to expand).

And it's not like we're Baylor, who never schedules any non-conference challenges at all. We've got home-and-aways against Oklahoma, TCU, Oregon, Notre Dame and Texas all on the horizon.

It really is stupid, and honestly, I shouldn't have even said anything because it's such a trollish argument that it doesn't deserve a response.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom