• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2015 Week Three Thread: Make College Football Great Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ganhyun

MOV Game (Tiebreaker ONLY)
Air Force vs. Michigan State - MSU by 31

Thursday
Clemson (-4.5) vs. Louisville COVER

Saturday
Wake Forest (-3.5) vs. Army COVER
Stanford vs. USC (-14.5) COVER
South Carolina vs. Georgia (-13.5) NO COVER
Auburn vs. LSU (-9.5) NO COVER
Mississippi vs. Alabama (-6.5) COVER
Va Tech (-10.5) vs. Purdue NO COVER
BYU vs. UCLA (-15.5) COVER
Georgia Tech vs. Notre Dame (-7.5) NO COVER
Cal (-3.5) vs. Texas COVER

SCAR/GA is always close, no matter how good/bad the teams are. Spurrier seems to have the ability to take a high school team and make them play us close.

KingGondo

Banned
Seriously, fuck Baylor for this pansy-ass scheduling.

And for other things, obviously.

Christ, even Penn State would find that non-conference lineup pathetic.
Only 2 of those 12 teams are worth a damn, and that's if Duke continues to outperform its historical level as a program.

Pretty happy with our scheduling in coming years. We play Pitt, Boise, and Oregon State. Teams with a pulse that we should beat if we're good.

ESPN Strength of Schedule for the remaining games

The Ohio State University down there at #61!

Look how low Boise St. is. If they had won that heartbreaker vs. the zoobs they would have one big game on the rest of the year @ USU. Part of the SOS is the dumpster fire the MWC had over the weekend but I am getting the feeling that the conference (especially the West, which is always bad) is going to be weak.

I kind of am liking Temple for the access bowl bid. Teams that start solid for a couple of weeks often stay that way.

aS9Ul1Z.png

Hardly surprising that captain nut punch here gets gets off scot free.

andycapps

Ole Miss is apparently the toughest team anyone could have on their schedule. Not joking, you can check this yourself.

No idea how they're figuring this, but I wouldn't use it seriously for anything.

Edit: also it's remaining schedule, which of course is going to hurt OSU given they've already played one of their tougher opponents while many other teams haven't.

True, Hawaii was pretty tough.

Ole Miss is apparently the toughest team anyone could have on their schedule. Not joking, you can check this yourself.

No idea how they're figuring this, but I wouldn't use it seriously for anything.

They rang up 70+ on a FCS team and again 70+ on an absolutely dreadful Fresno St. team. Maybe ESPN ranks Frenso St. as a decent opponent in their calcs.

Meyer said he doesn't pay any attention to what other coaches say outside of Ohio State, particularly about scheduling: "I don't know what anyone else's schedule is, and I don't care."

Air Force vs. Michigan State - MSU by 30

Thursday

Saturday
Stanford vs. USC (-14.5) COVER
South Carolina vs. Georgia (-13.5) COVER
Mississippi vs. Alabama (-6.5) NO COVER
Va Tech (-10.5) vs. Purdue COVER
BYU vs. UCLA (-15.5) COVER
Georgia Tech vs. Notre Dame (-7.5) COVER

Yes, he is.

I think Finebaum enjoys playing his troll shtick and stirring up crazy people to call in.

The thing about Finebaum is that while he's an unabashed SEC homer, he really loves egging on dumb SEC fans like Tammy and Phyllis.

His call with Phyllis last week was amazing. He was relentlessly harassing her and it was incredibly entertaining.

There's a very good chance that Ohio State and Michigan State could be #1 and #2 when we meet on November 21.

2006 all over again, except with that other Michigan school.

cdyhybrid

There's a very good chance that Ohio State and Michigan State could be #1 and #2 when we meet on November 21.

2006 all over again, except with that other Michigan school.

I read this as Ohio State and Michigan and wondered how I could possibly find an appropriate reaction image.

andycapps

The thing about Finebaum is that while he's an unabashed SEC homer, he really loves egging on dumb SEC fans like Tammy and Phyllis.

His call with Phyllis last week was amazing. He was relentlessly harassing her and it was incredibly entertaining.
His talk with Darriel earlier was pretty funny as well. At one point made a comment that it sounded like his mouth was full of something, assuming he was making fun of the way he talked. Or he was making a joke on him choking on Malzahn's balls, not sure.

Lunar15

I'll worry about schedules when we get down to who's getting into the playoff. Talking about it now is the most pointless thing ever.

You really can't know how weak/strong a schedule is until the season's played out.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Reminder: Finebaum starts at 3 p.m. EDT.

Even if you find listening to Finebaum excruciating, today's episode is going to be a classic.

So good

Bielema: I'm not going to comment on any other team's schedule, but there were teams last year that lost early but came back later in season

We still going down this path Bert?

:jnc I knew some smartass reporter was gonna grill him on that

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!

The thing about Finebaum is that he's a less vulgar Howard Stern for the college sports fan.

Finebaum is a great interviewer, but his dirty little secret is that he actually knows very little about what's going on in college football. If you listen to his show, he never actually gives his opinion when asked a specific question.

The thing about Finebaum is that he's a less vulgar Howard Stern for the college sports fan.

Finebaum is a great interviewer, but his dirty little secret is that he actually knows very little about what's going on in college football. If you listen to his show, he never actually gives his opinion when asked a specific question.

But he wrote a book about it!

xeris

Air Force vs. Michigan State - MSU by 24

Thursday

Saturday
Stanford vs. USC (-14.5) NO COVER
South Carolina vs. Georgia (-13.5) COVER
Mississippi vs. Alabama (-6.5) COVER
Va Tech (-10.5) vs. Purdue COVER
BYU vs. UCLA (-15.5) NO COVER
Georgia Tech vs. Notre Dame (-7.5) NO COVER

Jhriad

Seriously, fuck Baylor for this pansy-ass scheduling.

And for other things, obviously.

Christ, even Penn State would find that non-conference lineup pathetic.

Good lord, that's probably the worst OOC scheduling I've ever seen for a "top tier" P5 school.

Hardly surprising that captain nut punch here gets gets off scot free.

Just checked the BYU Honor Code. After a thorough Ctrl + F'ing "Nut punch" I found no results so this seems like an appropriate response. If we find out that he was drunk during said nut punching or that it wasn't a physical assault but rather engaging in some sort of homosexual behavior I'm sure BYU will take further measures.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I'm surprised NU/Duke is not a choice. The line is only in favor of Duke at -2 so its essentially a pick em anyway.

One of their defensive players said they'd shut Duke out.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
I'm surprised NU/Duke is not a choice. The line is only in favor of Duke at -2 so its essentially a pick em anyway.

One of their defensive players said they'd shut Duke out.
It was. I replaced it with the Purdue because there was a lack of B1G games.

MOV Game (Tiebreaker ONLY)
Air Force vs. Michigan State - MSU by 20

Thursday
Clemson (-4.5) vs. Louisville - COVER

Saturday
Wake Forest (-3.5) vs. Army - COVER
Stanford vs. USC (-14.5) - COVER
South Carolina vs. Georgia (-13.5) - NO COVER
Auburn vs. LSU (-9.5) - NO COVER
Mississippi vs. Alabama (-6.5) - COVER
Va Tech (-10.5) vs. Purdue - NO COVER
BYU vs. UCLA (-15.5) - COVER