• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2015 Week Three Thread: Make College Football Great Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw one Baylor guy complaining about why Sparty shouldn't jump them in the polls after they played a trashy first half vs. a school no one has ever heard of and then let that same school ring up some absurd number of points on their defense. I hope that team loses every game this season after Kansas.

In other Utah news that somehow doesn't involve half the state hating on the other half, it looks like both Utes involved in shootings last night are going to be OK. One is released from the hospital and the other should be out by the end of the week.

Hey that Duke-NU game is here in Durham and is like super cheap on Stubhub. I was already slated to go to the home game next week when the nerds come to town but I'm going to head there this weekend too.

MOV Game (Tiebreaker ONLY)
Air Force vs. Michigan State - MSU by 28

Thursday
Clemson (-4.5) vs. Louisville COVER

Saturday
Wake Forest (-3.5) vs. Army COVER
Stanford vs. USC (-14.5) NO COVER
South Carolina vs. Georgia (-13.5) COVER
Auburn vs. LSU (-9.5) COVER
Mississippi vs. Alabama (-6.5) COVER
Va Tech (-10.5) vs. Purdue COVER
BYU vs. UCLA (-15.5) COVER
Georgia Tech vs. Notre Dame (-7.5) COVER
Cal (-3.5) vs. Texas NO COVER because Southern Mississippi.

andycapps

@BDavisAAS
BREAKING: Texas President Gregory L. Fenves expected to fire AD Steve Patterson.

Believe he's locked in at 1.5 million a year for 4 more years. Texas has the money, but still, decent chunk of change. That said, probably more costly to keep him there and continue alienating big money donors.

Yeah the donors and boosters are in full riot. Texas has the cash to deal with the problem.

I love this week's meltdown:

Glad we have this new screen so that the fans can see how shitty we're doing IN ULTRA HUGE HIGH DEF!!!

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Wow. Just... wow.
Being a Tennessee fan is like a love affair. Each season you see your sweetheart anew. She starts out beautiful sweet, attractive in every way, but by the end if the season you have a clear view if her. As a young fan I saw my sweetheart as attractive and when she lost games she was still beautiful. In the seventies, Bama always roughed her up, but she was mine and I had hope that she would be the most beautiful. I attend the university in the 80s and when I was at ut, my girl still lost but she was fun to be around. She even beat the bears teams! Heck there were miracles and victories that show me hiw great she was. The 90s lead to her greatest beauty! She was my darling! There were some heartbreaks but the 98 season captured my heart and the vision of her was set! Each fall I new she would look just like she did then. But something happened! She got sick. About 2001 she lost to lsu. It hurt because I thought she was still beautiful, but the rest if the world started to we that she had a wart! It started small! But by 2005 it had grown and she had other warts! I vils never see them but all the other school fans could and the always pointed them out. My sweethearts appearance began to change. She started covering up the warts! Each year everyone heard she will be the most beautiful this year! I believed she was beautiful and each year she was going to be the prettiest yet! However other fans said she had the worst warts ever! Sure enough by 2005 I could usually see her warts by game 3! They were ugly! Each season 2006, 07, 08, I would see them! I was always blind to how bad they were and still saw my true love as beautiful! Until 2013, at the vandy game! She was old smelly and ugly! Could I love her? Florida 14, ooh! She had warts, farted and had stank breath! But I started off the test in love! 2015, I was in love! She was the most beautiful girl! Others said the warts are as bad as ever but I did not see them. Till today! She has warts , she is stinky and hard to love! My heart is broken and I can't unsee what she looks like! One ugly butch!

andycapps

Wow. Just... wow.

Vols fans/buttchuggers, man.

Some Bama fans may need to chime in as I think that Pruitt, Sherrer, and the other ex-Bama coaches are bringing this philosophy of changing out entire lineups and getting young players in to get experience. UGA played 60 of it's 70 man travel roster at Vandy on Saturday. The last defensive series had 8 true freshmen out there. In the past, we'd have maybe 1 or 2 and then some seniors that would never see the field otherwise. This sort of thing makes me nervous, but it also has me appreciating them getting valuable game experience for young players.

Michel and McKenzie were two of 60 players that Georgia played against Vanderbilt this past Saturday. That’s an extremely high number for an SEC road game. Conference rules allow teams to travel just 70 players.

“We played a bunch,” Richt conceded. “We had nine true freshmen on defense alone on that last drive. We had Bellamy in there and I can’t remember who the other guy was but everybody else was a true freshman. So we played a bunch of guys.”

Actually it was eight freshmen on that last defensive possession. It also included first-year player Chuks Amaechi, a junior college transfer from Arizona…

Tennessee fans need to stop comparing Butch Jones to Ron Zook. Ron Zook was great recruiter who got us nasty defenses and recruited the guys who won the title in 06-07. Butch Jones just sucks.

Limedust

Vols fans/buttchuggers, man.

Some Bama fans may need to chime in as I think that Pruitt, Sherrer, and the other ex-Bama coaches are bringing this philosophy of changing out entire lineups and getting young players in to get experience. UGA played 60 of it's 70 man travel roster at Vandy on Saturday. The last defensive series had 8 true freshmen out there. In the past, we'd have maybe 1 or 2. This sort of thing makes me nervous, but it also has me appreciating them getting valuable game experience for young players.

... about the only insurance you can have when injuries inevitably hit. Couple that with the fact that many players leave after 3 years (of graduating HS), and it doesn't make sense to red-shirt anyone physically/mentally ready to go.

Some Bama fans may need to chime in as I think that Pruitt, Sherrer, and the other ex-Bama coaches are bringing this philosophy of changing out entire lineups and getting young players in to get experience. UGA played 60 of it's 70 man travel roster at Vandy on Saturday. The last defensive series had 8 true freshmen out there. In the past, we'd have maybe 1 or 2 and then some seniors that would never see the field otherwise. This sort of thing makes me nervous, but it also has me appreciating them getting valuable game experience for young players.

It usually works pretty well in RPGs.

andycapps

... about the only insurance you can have when injuries inevitably hit. Couple that with the fact that many players leave after 3 years (of graduating HS), and it doesn't make sense to red-shirt anyone physically/mentally ready to go.

Yep, I think they've played everyone so far from this year's recruiting class except for the few that will be redshirted, and those seem to be offensive linemen that aren't physically ready yet, or players that are rehabbing from serious injuries. Not a ton of redshirts given out anymore.

And it's true that this is good insurance for when players get hurt. I think it's also the big difference between the upper tier of the conference and the lower tier. The first string of each team is generally pretty good, the differences become more apparent late in games and late in the season when injuries start to pile up. Which is why the MS teams generally start out so well and then fall flat on their face.

Brandon Allen better never buy a manual transmission, because he has no idea how to do anything clutch.

DZwKzyF.gif
So, roughly $1530.00 to witness this bullspit in person. I have left angry and dissappointed time and time again

1530 dollars?!?!?! And for the Toledo game? AND they lost??? Hahaha woooow. But why the fuck would you spend that much to go to such a shitty game? Especially in Little Rock?

I really don't understand why universities like Michigan and Texas - two of the wealthiest programs in the country who are ALWAYS making money - hired bean-counting dongs like Brandon and Patterson to run their athletic departments.

I could understand it if either were among the numerous college athletic departments in the red, but for Michigan and Texas (especially Texas), it's absurd.

KingGondo

Banned
I really don't understand why universities like Michigan and Texas - two of the wealthiest programs in the country who are ALWAYS making money - hired bean-counting dongs like Brandon and Patterson to run their athletic departments.

I could understand it if either were among the numerous college athletic departments in the red, but for Michigan and Texas (especially Texas), it's absurd.
Apparently Texas paid a consultant hundreds of thousands to tell them to hire Oliver Luck, and they went with Patterson anyways.

cashman

Banned

I bet Patterson was just a really good interviewer. He talked big about making Texas a global brand despite the fact that something like that is unrealistic for college sports.

Make Texas athletics great again. Donald Trump 4 Texas AD

edit: In all seriousness the most common name being thrown around right now is Mack Brown for AD and its making me nauseous.

cashman

Banned
@ChuckCarltonDMN 49m49 minutes ago
For anyone suggesting that the Steve Patterson firing is bad for Charlie Strong, please think again. The two weren't exactly close.

That's good. The next AD better not do something stupid and fire Charlie before he can fully rebuild.

Draxal

Too late bro!, but yeah's the official complaint and not the police report.

Anyway, there's so many rumors going around this one.

I'm just hopeful he's able to get into the NFL at this point (he's going to be suspended for the rest of the year most likely).

Given the NFL's current public perception for housing domestic abusers, I don't think he'll be let in with open arms. The NFL is trying to shed that reputation, and allowing a guy who was suspended in college for domestic abuse, to jump in the NFL isn't a good look for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom