• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2015 Week Three Thread: Make College Football Great Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kacar

MOV Game (Tiebreaker ONLY)
Air Force vs. Michigan State - MSU by 31

Thursday
Clemson (-4.5) vs. Louisville COVER

Saturday
Wake Forest (-3.5) vs. Army COVER
Stanford vs. USC (-14.5) NO COVER
South Carolina vs. Georgia (-13.5) COVER
Auburn vs. LSU (-9.5) COVER
Mississippi vs. Alabama (-6.5) NO COVER
Va Tech (-10.5) vs. Purdue COVER
BYU vs. UCLA (-15.5) NO COVER
Georgia Tech vs. Notre Dame (-7.5) NO COVER
Cal (-3.5) vs. Texas COVER

KingGondo

Banned
MOV Game (Tiebreaker ONLY)
Air Force vs. Michigan State - MSU by 10

Thursday
Clemson (-4.5) vs. Louisville COVER

Saturday
Wake Forest (-3.5) vs. Army NO COVER
Stanford vs. USC (-14.5) COVER
South Carolina vs. Georgia (-13.5) COVER
Auburn vs. LSU (-9.5) COVER
Mississippi vs. Alabama (-6.5) NO COVER
Va Tech (-10.5) vs. Purdue NO COVER
BYU vs. UCLA (-15.5) COVER
Georgia Tech vs. Notre Dame (-7.5) NO COVER
Cal (-3.5) vs. Texas COVER

Given the NFL's current public perception for housing domestic abusers, I don't think he'll be let in with open arms. The NFL is trying to shed that reputation, and allowing a guy who was suspended in college for domestic abuse, to jump in the NFL isn't a good look for them.

I like how you pretend Dallas won't draft the guy in the second round.

The official complaint sounds pretty bad.

However, I do not know all of the details that went on in this case. So, I will wait to see it play out.

What I do know is that Leonte Carroo isn't playing football for Rutgers again. It's not a matter of him being thrown off the team. It's a matter of, "There's no way this matter is getting cleared up before the season is over."

Draxal

The official complaint sounds pretty bad.

However, I do not know all of the details that went on in this case. So, I will wait to see it play out.

What I do know is that Leonte Carroo isn't playing football for Rutgers again. It's not a matter of him being thrown off the team. It's a matter of, "There's no way this matter is getting cleared up before the season is over."

Exactly.

@BDavisAAS
BREAKING: Texas President Gregory L. Fenves expected to fire AD Steve Patterson.

Patterson's last straw was the stupid band thing. Charging $100 a head to the visiting band was real dumb, and the missing Rice Band was rather noticeable. Also, it's not like they were going to sell those seats. There was still an empty block where the band would usually be.

Patterson's last straw was the stupid band thing. Charging $100 a head to the visiting band was real dumb, and the missing Rice Band was rather noticeable. Also, it's not like they were going to sell those seats. There was still an empty block where the band would usually be.

Hey, what's one of the coolest things about college football? Yeah let's help to eliminate that at games.. Fuck the band right.

He makes Brandon seems competent.. And I honestly think that wasn't possible.

Patterson got so caught up with the bottom line that he forgot all about what really mattered....the children!

And by children I mean the mega donors

And by mega donors I mean they act like children.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I've been sick for a few days now and would like to apologize for my salty comments as of late. Being sick doesn't agree with me.

AntoneM

Hmmm. Hmmmmmmmmmm.

Patterson had a deal where he couldn't hire any current ASU employee (ie: coach) for something like 5 years (I think those were the rumors). If Graham bounces back and at least wins the Pac 12 South, what are the odds TX looks to hire him.

He was a TX high school coach and hasn't been shy about wanting to coach for a major program in TX.

Guys, Steve Patterson was not fired!

He resigned.

I got that email from Fenves too.

My reaction was

551383205_dr_evil_right_thumb_xlarge.jpeg

Hmmm. Hmmmmmmmmmm.

Patterson had a deal where he couldn't hire any current ASU employee (ie: coach) for something like 5 years (I think those were the rumors). If Graham bounces back and at least wins the Pac 12 South, what are the odds TX looks to hire him.

He was a TX high school coach and hasn't been shy about wanting to coach for a major program in TX.

This is the next coach at Texas
8379000.jpeg

NYHorn36

I am so happy that Patterson is gone. Mike Perrin will be good as interim, but here's hoping for Tom Jurich in the long run!

Patterson got so caught up with the bottom line that he forgot all about what really mattered....the children!

And by children I mean the mega donors

And by mega donors I mean they act like children.

Patterson wasn't just screwing with mega donors though, he was fucking with everyone. He fucked up with regular season ticket holders by jacking up prices 20% in 2014, and banning tickets showing up on stubhub; he wasn't communicating directly to Augie, Smart, nor Strong, and he was slashing their staff budgets; he was trying to get Austin to help pay for a new basketball arena; and he charged the 1963 team to be honored on the field, so they bailed instead.

He had no allies, and only a growing list of enemies.

He was told to quit being such a dick over the summer, and then when the band thing happened, it was definitely the last straw.

He can fuck right back to Arizona.

Patterson wasn't just screwing with mega donors though, he was fucking with everyone. He fucked up with regular season ticket holders by jacking up prices 20% in 2014, and banning tickets showing up on stubhub; he wasn't communicating directly to Augie, Smart, nor Strong, and he was slashing their staff budgets; he was trying to get Austin to help pay for a new basketball arena; and he charged the 1963 team to be honored on the field, so they bailed instead.

He had no allies, and only a growing list of enemies.

He was told to quit being such a dick over the summer, and then when the band thing happened, it was definitely the last straw.

He can fuck right back to Arizona.

He did all that? What a fucknut. Does he not realize that he was the AD of one of, if not the richest athletic department in the country. Asinine. He could have hooker and coke parades every day around the campus and he would probably not even make a dent in the damn budget. Fool.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
With Patterson out of the way I heard that Saban is interested in the job now and has been house hunting in Austin.

Wonder how long Texas will take to hire their new AD.

Michigan STILL hasn't officially hired anyone to replace Brandon. Their AD has been listed as interim AD for nearly a year now.

Wonder how long Texas will take to hire their new AD.

Michigan STILL hasn't officially hired anyone to replace Brandon. Their AD has been listed as interim AD for nearly a year now.

Supposedly the hiring process won't begin in earnest until early next year. Our interim AD has a contract through the school year.

EDIT: Scratch that, he has a contract for the full year.

KingGondo

Banned
If he is retweeting Macklemore, yes.
Fair enough.

I'm just glad that players have a choice now. Go play for a militaristic, big-brother respectability politics fascist or play for someone who allows you to be yourself and reflect your culture within reason.

The Schianos of the world are becoming increasingly marginalized.

KingGondo

Banned
Oh wow-just noticed that he wasn't a player. That's insane.
And it was accompanied by a tweet from their DC (who was our safeties coach last year):

"We have a team of people who monitor what recruits are putting on social media. Watch what you tweet and retweet."

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
I would hold off on throwing stones at SMU. Wouldn't be surprised at all if that was standard practice these days. Maybe other schools don't have quite as codified of a system as that but I would guess that general social media research on recruits is very widespread.

For their recruits?

Having lived through the Tuberville recruiting years I wish we had done a whole lot more vetting of the personalities of who we were recruiting.

Everybody loved the star ratings for the players we were getting at the time, but as everything has gone in the wash we've realized that a lot of the recruiting was just picking names with high ratings off of a list with very little research on skill and attitude fit to go along with it. We've had a lot more players leaving for grades, disciplinary issues, etc. in his classes than I ever remember having before.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
I would hold off on throwing stones at SMU. Wouldn't be surprised at all if that was standard practice these days. Maybe other schools don't have quite as codified of a system as that but I would guess that general social media research on recruits is very widespread.
I would have agreed with you 100%, until Gondo posted that this was tweeted out by SMU themselves, which is just mind blowing.
And it was accompanied by a tweet from their DC (who was our safeties coach last year):

"We have a team of people who monitor what recruits are putting on social media. Watch what you tweet and retweet."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom