• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2015 Week Two Thread: OSU KOs VPI, forfeits bid to repeat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draxal

Weird that they have a WR #1 and then the "best by far" at #4?

Or that he is the best by far while OSUs Michael Thomas is the #1 WR draft prospect right now for the country?

The first. Problem with tOSU is that you have to many players not enough touches, Carroo's our clear number 1, so he's going to get the lion's share of our balls. It's just weird that you add that hyperbole to Carroo when you have a different WR on top.

The first. Problem with tOSU is that you have to many players not enough touches, Carroo's our clear number 1, so he's going to get the lion's share of our balls. It's just weird that you add that hyperbole to Carroo when you have a different WR on top.

Yeah.. It isn't hyperbole when Ohio state has a disgusting amount of talent on offense. Thomas (with his talent) is almost a sideshow instead of being in the main event.

@GerdOZone 4m4 minutes ago
Saturday will be Bret Bielema's 38th non-conference game as a head coach. Fresno State (#21) in 2008 was his only ranked opponent.

OSU Offense last 6 games point totals: 42-42-59-42-42-42
Which is why I it's acceptable they get a pass. If they keep winning their games in convincing fashion, they should be fine and can ignore all the schedule talk. If the scoring margin in these games start to dwindle, something is suspect.

KingGondo

Banned
Pretty cool thing from Orange Power: a poster is doing a series of throwback mockups.

If we wore these I would faint from the badassness:

OKStateThrowbacks_39.png

These ones are also fun:

Plus the 1988 Barry throwbacks:

Lunar15

Schedule talk is the worst part of college football. It's bad when SEC fans boast about their schedules, it's worse when non-SEC fans complain about SEC fans boasting about their schedules.

KingGondo

Banned
Schedule talk is the worst part of college football. It's bad when SEC fans boast about their schedules, it's worse when non-SEC fans complain about SEC fans boasting about their schedules.
All I know is that the other conferences need to get real and play a round robin schedule.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Rumors going around that the bad news for TCU isn't over yet. Something about a fight and some beer theft at a party involving up to 3 football players and possibly 1 starter.

Missing picks from:

MOV Game (Tiebreaker ONLY)
Jacksonville State v. Auburn: Auburn by 42
Thursday
LA Tech v. WKU (-3.5): NO COVER
Friday
Utah State v. Utah (-13.5): COVER
Saturday
Houston v. Louisville (-12.5): NO COVER
Oregon State v. Michigan (-15.5): NO COVER
Notre Dame (-19.5) v. Virginia: COVER
Iowa (-7.5) v. Iowa State: NO COVER
Oklahoma (-7.5) v. Tennessee: COVER
Oregon (-3.5) v. Michigan State: COVER
LSU (-9.5) v. MSU: NO COVER
UCF v. Stanford (-14.5): COVER

KingGondo

Banned
Rumors going around that the bad news for TCU isn't over yet. Something about a fight and some beer theft at a party involving up to 3 football players and possibly 1 starter.
I already thought they might disappoint due to their schedule and defensive attrition, but t his is getting ridiculous.

Unless someone steps up Baylor might run away with the conference.

I don't want to live in a world in which Baylor wins back-to-back-to-back conference titles. If nothing else that's proof that the Big 12 is a joke and should disband.

Karl2177

You know.. How does Baylor escape this criticism.. I mean last year their schedule was a damn joke. They just scheduled Incarnate Word for god's sake.

Does Ohio State have an easier schedule than other schools.. Yes they do.

But Ohio State is sure as shit not the only ones. Arkansas's non conference schedule is a joke for example.

Baylor doesn't escape the criticism though. Last year everyone was shitting on them for their weak OoC schedule costing them a shot at the playoffs and they go and schedule Incarnate Word and Liberty.

andycapps

Texas Tech.. Come on, is Mike Leach gonna come back and coach them. Still better than some schools though. I will give you that.

Arkansas does have a tough schedule OVERALL though and they are a good team. But the games they have control of (The OOC scheduling) is a joke.

Well yeah, Texas Tech isn't great now (up and coming program something or other), but they're at least a competent P5 school. Arkansas isn't one of those schools in the conference that has an in-state non-conference rival that they play every year, so I think it would do them some favors to schedule at least a couple P5 non-conference games every year.

KodaRuss

Damn, they are having a rough start to the season. They have a couple cupcakes to get some stuff ironed out on the defensive side. However, SMU looked pretty good in the first half against Baylor so they better be ready for that one.

andycapps

Just found this amazing video of Erk Russell winning the game ball from a win over South Carolina. Some great moments of Vince Dooley in there too. Wish I'd been alive to see Erk coach at Georgia.

"Screw Florida and the mule they came in on" should be on my gravestone.

https://vimeo.com/138645939

Only the quarterback of the real OSU, silly.

Real OSU? When did Ohio state ever shorten to OSU. We are The Ohio State University (tOSU) silly cowboy.

Is he good?

Cool stuff. I hate to see rivalries end due to conference realignment though, and wish it was permanent.

Yeah. Sucks. Hate when realignment happens. It can be fun in someways, but sucks when good rivalries die on the vine.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
guys, guys...

it's officially this way:
OSUn (Ohio State)
OSUs (Okie State)
OSUw (Oregon State)

OSUe reserved for future use

KingGondo

Banned
More special than Brandon Weeden? Because he was plenty special for my NFL team..

Goddamn the Browns suck.
I was briefly a Browns fan because of Weeden, who was by a pretty wide margin the greatest OSU QB ever.

I was cured of Browns fandom pretty damn quickly. I'm willing to root for a team that's bad with a plan to get better, but rooting for flat-out incompetence gets old fast.

Lonestar said:
guys, guys...

it's officially this way:
OSUn (Ohio State)
OSUs (Okie State)
OSUw (Oregon State)

OSUe reserved for future use
Who made you dictator?

tOSU/MCU/Maurice Clarett University/The School for Which Maurice Clarett Played Running Back: Ohio State
OSU/Xerox U: Oklahoma State

Oregon State can claim any leftover acronym/nickname when one of their fans shows up.

I was briefly a Browns fan because of Weeden, who was by a pretty wide margin the greatest OSU QB ever.

I was cured of Browns fandom pretty damn quickly. I'm willing to root for a team that's bad with a plan to get better, but rooting for flat-out incompetence gets old fast.

I knew you were too weak to roll with us, summer child.

Who made you dictator?

tOSU/MCU/Maurice Clarett University/The School for Which Maurice Clarett Played Running Back: Ohio State

Oregon State can claim any leftover acronym/nickname when one of their fans shows up.

That shows you have no character (or value your sanity) sir.. One day we will win.. When it happens, it will be sweet. I think it's safe to say that the drunk was a large portion weeden's success

Preach Bert.

KingGondo

Banned
I knew you were too weak to roll with us, summer child.
They tried to pull me back in by drafting Justin Gilbert, but I was wise to their tricks by then. Glad I only bought a clearance Weeden jersey instead of a new Gilbert one when I visited Cleveland last summer.

I look forward to Gilbert joining ProSU (a/k/a the Dallas Cowboys) and reuniting with his fellow alums Dez, Weeden, Bailey, Randle, and Patmon.

It feels dirty to (kinda) root for Dallas.

That shows you have no character (or value your sanity) sir.. One day we will win.. When it happens, it will be sweet. I think it's safe to say that the drunk was a large portion weeden's success

Preach Bert.

We differ in one respect:

The Browns are never going to win. Ever. We'll keep rooting for them but both of us will surely die without the Browns ever having even sniffed a Super Bowl.

Rooting for NFL teams, lol.

It's less rooting and more praying for me at this point and accepting the inevitable depths of failure.

The Browns keep me humble.. The Buckeyes lift me up. Balance Cyan, balance.

We differ in one respect:

The Browns are never going to win. Ever. We'll keep rooting but both of us will surely die without the Browns ever having even sniffed a Super Bowl.

And that is what makes us good people.

They tried to pull me back in by drafting Justin Gilbert, but I was wise to their tricks by then. Glad I only bought a clearance Weeden jersey instead of a new Gilbert one when I visited Cleveland last summer.

I look forward to Gilbert joining ProSU (a/k/a the Dallas Cowboys) and reuniting with his fellow alums Dez, Weeden, Bailey, Randle, and Patmon.

It feels dirty to (kinda) root for Dallas.

It feels like it cause it is.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!

Who made you dictator?

Why in the ever loving fuck would you give them the "t" that they so desperately demand be put before their name? Have some self-respect.
I usually see Oregon State as OrSt
I think if you combo this with Lonestar's plan, you get a name that accurately describes their program: wOrSt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom