• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2015 Week Two Thread: OSU KOs VPI, forfeits bid to repeat

Status
Not open for further replies.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Damn it. Great start to my spreads, and I'm sure most folks.
Score after tonight:
cdyhybrid 1
chaosblade 1
perfectchaos007 1
AlteredBeast 1
Dsyndrome 1
Frustrated_Grunt 1
Battlezone 1
timetokill 1
KingGondo 1
theprodigy 1
Westonian 1
jhriad 1
FelixOrion 1
sf2fanatic 1
MrJames 1
cashman 1
Monroeski 1
Karl2177 1
FloydtheFathead 1
ryseing 1
The Outsider 1
Subitai 1
chicko1983 0
lonestar 0
StrikerObi 0
Randolph Freelander 0
andycapps 0
Ganhyun 0
zyxwvu4321 0
xeris 0
Fragamemnon 0
bucknuticus 0
Kacar 0
Mac the Knife 0
Chris R 0
ag-my001 0
jjasper 0
GoldenEye007 0
PhoenixDark 0
TS-08 0
JCX 0
ConfusingJazz 0
pxleyes 0

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I was thinking, I picked against WKU, how did I get points? Looks like they won by 3 though so I got lucky with the no cover pick.

Ready for the Battle of the Brothers tonight. Props to the NO COVER homies on the game, we've been a huge scare (or upset) for Utah the last two meetins since Gary Anderson pulled the program out of the dumpster.

Hope everyone brought their own ginger ale and root beer, going to be a fun game.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
I was thinking, I picked against WKU, how did I get points? Looks like they won by 3 though so I got lucky with the no cover pick.
Yeah, La Tech scored a TD with 30 seconds left to lose by 3 instead of 10, which screwed all of the "cover" picks.

Such is life.

Limedust

I think he was a really class act. He got put up in a shitty situation. He also dealt with the the most extreme irony in the Missouri game where, after having a horrible game and having a pretty great touchdown pass dropped by a key wide receiver, he had to go out on injury leaving Harris to come in and throw a miraculous, nonsense throw off of his back foot into quadruple coverage which got caught for a touchdown by the very same key wide receiver that dropped the ball earlier.

GIF4.0.gif

I wish that guy the best.

To be honest, I don't even hate Muschamp. Do I want him as my head coach? No, but I don't bear much ill will.

I group Muschamp with guys like Kiffin, Chizik, Petrino... wouldn't want them as head coach, but consider them to be excellent coordinators.

Always interesting to see if transfer QB's excel in different systems, or if it's just their own fundamental problems that hold them back.

andycapps

How is Jeff Driskel successful now that he is at LA Tech? I can only hope the reason is/was Muschamp. Can't bare the thought we let another talent QB transfer out (though this one didn't steal a laptop).

Honestly as much crap as I gave Driskel, the guy had how many QB coaches during his time there? Multiple systems he had to try to learn and people teaching him different techniques.. it's not surprising that he's doing better in a new system, on a lower tier.

I think he was a really class act. He got put up in a shitty situation. He also dealt with the the most extreme irony in the Missouri game where, after having a horrible game and having a pretty great touchdown pass dropped by a key wide receiver, he had to go out on injury leaving Harris to come in and throw a miraculous, nonsense throw off of his back foot into quadruple coverage which got caught for a touchdown by the very same key wide receiver that dropped the ball earlier.

GIF4.0.gif

I wish that guy the best.

To be honest, I don't even hate Muschamp. Do I want him as my head coach? No, but I don't bear much ill will.

I sort of felt like the receivers and everyone associated him with failure as well so they didn't try as hard.
I made the same face as Driskel on that play lol

Lunar15

The funny thing to me is that when Muschamp started accepting that it was all over, he got real down-to-earth fast. He always was, but the illusion of having to keep up the appearance was gone. His sense of humor started coming out more. It's a shame he never really did well enough to hit that stride earlier.

andycapps

Florida is starting their 9th different QB since 2009 this weekend. Keep that in mind when Driskell is brought up. Like I said, that program has been in a state of flux for a number of years now, so it's not all his fault. That said, I think he was vastly overrated coming out of highschool.

andycapps

Speaking of Mr. tOSU, that gives me an idea.

Everyone post the most embarrassing example of your school's fandom that you can find.

Probably this, or the dumb redneck part of the fanbase that didn't go to the school and can be obnoxious towards the end of tailgating. Small percentage of the fanbase, but tend to be overly loud and annoying to everyone.

OGyyapQ.jpg

Jhriad

Good one!

Serious question: does anyone in Nebraska have that affected hick accent he uses?

Hell no. The accent he uses while "in character" isn't even his actual accent. He still has a bit of an accent but I'm not really sure where that's from. He's from the very southeastern part of Nebraska though so they might get some accent bleed from Missouri down there. You can search for 'Nebraska Accent' on YouTube and see that, in general, we're mostly accent free outside of some remote rural areas. The General American accent that's considered "accent free" and most news broadcasters, actors, etc. use originated in Eastern Nebraska & Iowa.

KingGondo

Banned
Hell no. The accent he uses while "in character" isn't even his actual accent. He still has a bit of an accent but I'm not really sure where that's from. He's from the very southeastern part of Nebraska though so they might get some accent bleed from Missouri down there. You can search for 'Nebraska Accent' on YouTube and see that, in general, we're mostly accent free outside of some remote rural areas. The General American accent that's consider "accent free" and most news broadcasters, actors, etc. use originated in Eastern Nebraska & Iowa.
Thanks for confirming my suspicions.

At least Larry the Cable Guy is better than Toby Keith. Jesus, what a fucking asshole.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Hell no. The accent he uses while "in character" isn't even his actual accent. He still has a bit of an accent but I'm not really sure where that's from. He's from the very southeastern part of Nebraska though so they might get some accent bleed from Missouri down there. You can search for 'Nebraska Accent' on YouTube and see that, in general, we're mostly accent free outside of some remote rural areas. The General American accent that's considered "accent free" and most news broadcasters, actors, etc. use originated in Eastern Nebraska & Iowa.

Thanks for confirming my suspicions.

At least Larry the Cable Guy is better than Toby Keith. Jesus, what a fucking asshole.

Also, just to biggyback on this: http://aschmann.net/AmEng/#Nebraska

pxleyes

Banned
Florida is starting their 9th different QB since 2009 this weekend. Keep that in mind when Driskell is brought up. Like I said, that program has been in a state of flux for a number of years now, so it's not all his fault. That said, I think he was vastly overrated coming out of highschool.
That's a crazy, crazy stat. That said, Grier is our best option right now, with a small package for Treon (a la Leak and Tebow).

andycapps

That's a crazy, crazy stat. That said, Grier is our best option right now, with a small package for Treon (a la Leak and Tebow).

It is. Blew my mind when I saw that earlier. Explains a lot too.

About Grier, I don't know much about him so I'll take your word for it. They've got real talent problems on offense at Florida across the board, so I'm almost of the opinion that it doesn't matter who they put at QB.

Finebaum picks the Creamsicles to beat Oklahoma by 3?

Hmmmm...

Well, neither looked amazing last week, so it'll be interesting. I guess it depends on whether this is considered a "big" game by Stoops.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Sucks for the Utah State player, he was clearly trying to pull his head back to not hit helmet to helmet but didn't manage it.

Wow, great catch.

pxleyes

Banned
It is. Blew my mind when I saw that earlier. Explains a lot too.

About Grier, I don't know much about him so I'll take your word for it. They've got real talent problems on offense at Florida across the board, so I'm almost of the opinion that it doesn't matter who they put at QB.
There's a reason both guys got the play time last week. I personally think Grier works better for the majority of the snaps, but his talent isn't light years ahead of Treon's. It's a bit of a toss up, like you said. My analogy to Leak and Tebow is probably the best way I can think of to sum up not only their styles but how their play time should be split while they share duties.

Sucks for the Utah State player, he was clearly trying to pull his head back to not hit helmet to helmet but didn't manage it.

He's a really good kid and wasn't trying to hurt anyone, BUT it's better for the sport overall that targeting is called liberally. It's not always fair but it ensures that there's no confusion over what constitutes targeting.

So watching gameday final last week (and just reminded during that bump) Adnan Virk is maybe on of the most boring people ever. I used to really like gameday and would stay up and watch it mainly because of how stupid it was, but in a good way. Last week's was just so boring, Adnan brings 0 energy to the show.

yo wait. miami is playing AT FAU.......

edit:

Holy shit, theyre playing @toledo, @arkansas st, @FIU and @ rutgers the next few years. Miami officially a mid major

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom