• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2015 Week Two Thread: OSU KOs VPI, forfeits bid to repeat

Status
Not open for further replies.

andycapps

I always use tOSU in a derogatory way since by using "t" in front of OSU, I imply that Okie Lite has exclusive access to the acronym of "OSU". This way we're not confusing Maurice Clarett University with the real OSU or even the Ohio University. Everybody is happy.

Now I'm okay with Lonestar's suggestions as well. But if we do that, it's kind of a slippery slope to where we need to refer to Sakerlina no longer as SCAR or Sakerlina, but instead by USCe. Though I do still think USC is a better name for Sakerlina, and Southern Cal is what we should still call the University of Southern California.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Who made you dictator?

Founding Member, Bros. Word is Law, Cake is good, You think Visors are cool....Spppuuuuuurrrieeeeeeeeeer

I always use tOSU in a derogatory way since by using "t" in front of OSU, I imply that Okie Lite has exclusive access to the acronym of "OSU". This way we're not confusing Maurice Clarett University with the real OSU or even the Ohio University. Everybody is happy.

Now I'm okay with Lonestar's suggestions as well. But if we do that, it's kind of a slippery slope to where we need to refer to Sakerlina no longer as SCAR or Sakerlina, but instead by USCe. Though I do still think USC is a better name for Sakerlina, and Southern Cal is what we should still call the University of Southern California.

I have also ruled (and long used) USCe and USCw. I don't know if there's a need for USCn or USCs...yet. But I do like the word Sakerlina.

andycapps

Founding Member, Bros. Word is Law, Cake is good, You think Visors are cool....Spppuuuuuurrrieeeeeeeeeer

I have also ruled (and long used) USCe and USCw. I don't know if there's a need for USCn or USCs...yet. But I do like the word Sakerlina.

Join me in referring to them as Sakerlina then, I'm pretty sure that's how the OBC spells it. It's definitely how he says it.

cdyhybrid

L5wl8Kw.gif

MrJames

MOV Game (Tiebreaker ONLY)
Jacksonville State v. Auburn - Auburn by 47
Thursday
LA Tech v. WKU (-3.5) - NO COVER
Friday
Utah State v. Utah (-13.5) - COVER
Saturday
Houston v. Louisville (-12.5) - NO COVER
Oregon State v. Michigan (-15.5) - NO COVER
Notre Dame (-19.5) v. Virginia - COVER
Iowa (-7.5) v. Iowa State - COVER
Oklahoma (-7.5) v. Tennessee - COVER
Oregon (-3.5) v. Michigan State - COVER
LSU (-9.5) v. MSU - NO COVER
UCF v. Stanford (-14.5) - COVER

Subitai

Jacksonville State v. Auburn Auburn by 35
Thursday
LA Tech v. WKU (-3.5) NO COVER
Friday
Utah State v. Utah (-13.5) NO COVER
Saturday
Houston v. Louisville (-12.5) NO COVER
Oregon State v. Michigan (-15.5) NO COVER
Notre Dame (-19.5) v. Virginia COVER
Iowa (-7.5) v. Iowa State NO COVER
Oklahoma (-7.5) v. Tennessee COVER
Oregon (-3.5) v. Michigan State NO COVER
LSU (-9.5) v. MSU COVER
UCF v. Stanford (-14.5) COVER

I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around the logic of doing that.

Something about Cardale working off 4 days rest and this was the plan all along blah blah. Ill believe when I see it, I can see a sceanrio where braxton "Starts" just because of what he has meant to this university.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Nice. How many seats did they remove?

I forgot the amount, around 2000 or so, but those will be coming back once the new tower/pressbox is complete and the temporary press box/media areas are removed.

Because of of the seating concessions for those with special needs and the installation of the chairback seats, I think the total capacity is going to be close to the same. The many upper deck off the press box will add some seats but its not that many.

More interesting is there is a rumor that they want to eliminate people leaning on the outer bowl wall, so they will sit down and those make the stadium, particularly the east side which is always on TV look more full. Not sure how I feel about that.

I'm not going to kid myself and not realize that having a shitty football team for two decades and most casual Duke fans are all about basketball affects the football attendance. That said, the east side of the stadium is a miserable place to watch a game when the sun is out in late summer, early fall. There is NO shade there at all and nobody wants to stay there for long periods of time.

pxleyes

Banned
How is Jeff Driskel successful now that he is at LA Tech? I can only hope the reason is/was Muschamp. Can't bare the thought we let another talent QB transfer out (though this one didn't steal a laptop).

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
How is Jeff Driskel successful now that he is at LA Tech? I can only hope the reason is/was Muschamp. Can't bare the thought we let another talent QB transfer out (though this one didn't steal a laptop).
Do we know if Mack Brown recruited Jeff Driskel?

pxleyes

Banned
Jacksonville State v. Auburn Auburn by 34
Thursday
-scratch- LA Tech v. WKU (-3.5) NO COVER FROM PETROS
Friday
Utah State v. Utah (-13.5) COVER
Saturday
Houston v. Louisville (-12.5) COVER
Oregon State v. Michigan (-15.5) NO COVER
Notre Dame (-19.5) v. Virginia COVER
Iowa (-7.5) v. Iowa State NO COVER
Oklahoma (-7.5) v. Tennessee NO COVER
Oregon (-3.5) v. Michigan State COVER
LSU (-9.5) v. MSU NO COVER
UCF v. Stanford (-14.5) COVER

pxleyes

Banned
Do we know if Mack Brown recruited Jeff Driskel?
I'm not sure what's more disconcerting; Mack Brown thinking he could trust Muschamp at Texas as coach in waiting, or that Foley trusted in Mack Brown's judgement of Muschamp enough to go after him for his own coaching needs.

Ganhyun

Forgot to put these in. Missed tonight, so will not list in in my picks.

Jacksonville State v. Auburn - Auburn by 35 pts
Friday
Utah State v. Utah (-13.5) - COVER
Saturday
Houston v. Louisville (-12.5) - NO COVER
Oregon State v. Michigan (-15.5) - NO COVER
Notre Dame (-19.5) v. Virginia - NO COVER
Iowa (-7.5) v. Iowa State - NO COVER
Oklahoma (-7.5) v. Tennessee - NO COVER
Oregon (-3.5) v. Michigan State - NO COVER
LSU (-9.5) v. MSU - NO COVER
UCF v. Stanford (-14.5) - NO COVER

Driskel is 20/33, 230 yds, 1 TD, 1 INT with 8 minutes to go in the 4th.

As much as we lost while he was at Florida, Driskel really seemed like a classy guy who didn't try to put the blame on anyone else or make excuses. It sucked that everyone was calling for his head.

Lunar15

As much as we lost while he was at Florida, Driskel really seemed like a classy guy who didn't try to put the blame on anyone else or make excuses. It sucked that everyone was calling for his head.

I think he was a really class act. He got put up in a shitty situation. He also dealt with the the most extreme irony in the Missouri game where, after having a horrible game and having a pretty great touchdown pass dropped by a key wide receiver, he had to go out on injury leaving Harris to come in and throw a miraculous, nonsense throw off of his back foot into quadruple coverage which got caught for a touchdown by the very same key wide receiver that dropped the ball earlier.

GIF4.0.gif

I wish that guy the best.

To be honest, I don't even hate Muschamp. Do I want him as my head coach? No, but I don't bear much ill will.

El_Chino

I think he was a really class act. He got put up in a shitty situation. He also dealt with the the most extreme irony in the Missouri game where, after having a horrible game and having a pretty great touchdown pass dropped by a key wide receiver, he had to go out on injury leaving Harris to come in and throw a miraculous, nonsense throw off of his back foot into quadruple coverage which got caught for a touchdown by the very same key wide receiver that dropped the ball earlier.

GIF4.0.gif

I wish that guy the best.

To be honest, I don't even hate Muschamp. Do I want him as my head coach? No, but I don't bear much ill will.
Driskel showed flashes of greatness on the field (I went to most of his games at home) especially during the 2012 season but I feel after his injury in 2013 he was never same. I think the pressure got to him and times it seemed he seemed afraid to even run out of the pocket which I assume was because of the leg.

Muschamp is a GREAT guy, met him a few times but unfortunately he just didn't cut it as a head coach. The guy was a Gainesville native too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom