• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2016 Championship Week: Of Meaningless Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeySeuss

If the committee had slid Ohio State to 3 or 4 and put michigan behind PSU and Wiscy i would be concerned. But beating wiscy ( a feat OSU did as well) would not be enouh to move one team down 3 slots

Yeah putting us at #2 was their way of saying we are in no matter what. I understand there's an argument to be had but let's be real. If it was a possibility to leave us out we'd have flipped with Clemson.

It just wouldnt make sense to me how you have 3 comference champs(assuming Washington gets its spot) then OSU. I mean I rather have OSU but wouldnt conference champs make more sense for this scenario especially since Penn state won head to head?

pa22word

bama clemson washington *throws up a little in mouth* penn state

As much as i hate to see penn st get in there for the obvious reasons, I don't know how you leapfrog OSU over them considering the circumstances. Better luck next time and win your conference next time bros =\

Of course seeing the playoff committee do penn st dirty would be hilarious, and wouldn't be too shocking giving OSU's a money making machine.

If the committee had slid Ohio State to 3 or 4 and put michigan behind PSU and Wiscy i would be concerned. But beating wiscy ( a feat OSU did as well) would not be enouh to move one team down 3 slots

Yep the fact they put them in at 2 basically guaranteed their spot.

Gorillaz

they might leave osu in the playoffs for "reasons", but even then that means someone is getting knocked out or pushed aside. I can't see them put OSU at 2 like that just to say sike but shit look at the committee were talking about. Michigan must be getting leap frogged at this point right? But they tech already gave penn st the business eariler but still lost to OSU and failed to get in the big 10.

None of this any sense.....Is this the healing process penn state mentioned for years? Fuckery?

Yep the fact they put them in at 2 basically guaranteed their spot.
It's not like it's mysterious why you would put OSU at #2 though. They, Bama, and Michigan are (by the numbers) the most impressive teams in the country. Whoever won that OSU/Michigan game was getting a spot.

It'll make for a more interesting at the playoff at the very least. If OSU is left out, just chalk Bama in. No need to even play the games.

pa22word

Only in college football can the champion of the best conference not be a part of the playoff.

4 teams just isn't enough. They really should expand it to 6 teams with first round bye for top 2 for next season, then expand it again later down the line to 8.

This will be the biggest debate in the room for the next 12 hours

CyzpfhKXUAAj_7d.jpg

The Llama

As Penn State alum, really hope we make the playoff but think we miss out. Actually think we'll finish 6 behind Michigan tbh, the committee loves them (and they did wreck us).

I say we face Washington at the royal rumble for a playoff spot

I say you face Baylor, both teams have to stop playing football regardless of who wins.

Eh, I was as critical as anyone about that situation but the right people were fired. I think most people have moved on.

Moved on? They shouldn't be moving on. They learned nothing from the piddly punishment they got and nothing was done to deter this kind of fiasco from happening again.

Ourobolus

Banned
As Penn State alum, really hope we make the playoff but think we miss out. Actually think we'll finish 6 behind Michigan tbh, the committee loves them (and they did wreck us).

The only issue I see there is that even though they beat us, we got the conference championship, and OSU beat them.

Granted, I don't expect us to make it, but still.

Josh5890

4 teams just isn't enough. They really should expand it to 6 teams with first round bye for top 2 for next season, then expand it again later down the line to 8.

If it was 8 teams I would go for all five conference champs, one member from the group of five to give everyone a legit shot and two at-large teams.

I eagerly await tomorrow. I find it funny you're putting more weight on a weak schedule than on a head to head matchup and conference championship though.

a big 10 title game without either of the top 2 teams in the conference is a farce. and technically were the big 12 champs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom