• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2016 Championship Week: Of Meaningless Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Navy went from a possible Cotton Bowl to losing two straight, that's gotta be rough.

Does Army get a bowl now? I know two of their wins were vs FCS.

ag-my001

Navy went from a possible Cotton Bowl to losing two straight, that's gotta be rough.

Does Army get a bowl now? I know two of their wins were vs FCS.
One of those definitely does, and this should put them at six no matter how you count it.

In completely unexpected news, MOUNT UNION IS LOSING 14-6 IN THE THIRD QUARTER. SOUND THE UPSET ALARM!

tebunker

Banned
And how often can you get a kid to change his mind to a school that he hasn't visited to?

Also, Taggart was there to see Tua's teammate and was hoping to talk to him too. Tua dad even flat out said to the news in Hawaii that they were dead up front about it. Sounds like the whole family has been processed. I am hopeful dude can redshirt, and we can survive off our walk ons and Hurt for 2 more years. Then Tua can hopefully fulfill his potential and step right in.

Also, Taggart was there to see Tua's teammate and was hoping to talk to him too. Tua dad even flat out said to the news in Hawaii that they were dead up front about it. Sounds like the whole family has been processed. I am hopeful dude can redshirt, and we can survive off our walk ons and Hurt for 2 more years. Then Tua can hopefully fulfill his potential and step right in.

Tua can play two years from now (as a backup) for all I care, but dammit, I need him to redshirt.

Whatever happens, it'll be fine. Two years ago I couldn't wait for a certain 5* to go to Alabama and be the guy…until I watched this past spring game and saw how impressive Hurts looked. Wasn't even just his ability to run, he was the only QB on the field actually stepping into his throws and not panicking when our DL inevitably broke through.

And now here we are.

Edit: Just seen about Stidham. Dammit, was hoping Gus never got that dumpster fire figured out.

Because my best friend is an LSU fan, and I've been rubbing Moses in his face a few weeks now 😭

Also told him I wasn't too worried about Harris to Michigan, so that'd just be awesome 🙄 We're deep at RB and LB. And I've wanted Akers more than Harris for a minute anyways, but I've clearly grown accustomed to us not recruiting so much as picking who we want and signing em up lol

andycapps

Because my best friend is an LSU fan, and I've been rubbing Moses in his face a few weeks now 😭

Also told him I wasn't too worried about Harris to Michigan, so that'd just be awesome 🙄 We're deep at RB and LB. And I've wanted Akers more than Harris for a minute anyways, but I've clearly grown accustomed to us not recruiting so much as picking who we want and signing em up lol
Sorry, I'm having a real hard time feeling sorry for a couple of 5 star recruits potentially flipping from Bama. They'll be just fine and probably still be #1 in recruiting rating after those flips are taken into account.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Sorry, I'm having a real hard time feeling sorry for a couple of 5 star recruits potentially flipping from Bama. They'll be just fine and probably still be #1 in recruiting rating after those flips are taken into account.
Pretty sure tOSU has that locked up this year.

Could take a tumble down the ratings if we can't hold on to Jeudy, Harris and Moses.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
So Jackson won the Heisman. He was the most deserving, but it was a down year overall including him.

On to bowl mania!

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
9zPdqI0.png

So much salt,.

And how often can you get a kid to change his mind to a school that he hasn't visited to?

Just clarifying the rule, not making a statement about his flip likelihood. Obviously it's a huge long shot.

andycapps

Pretty sure tOSU has that locked up this year.

Could take a tumble down the ratings if we can't hold on to Jeudy, Harris and Moses.
I think both teams will get several of those 5 star guys that sign on signing day. Just hoping we hold on to 3rd place. Hoping we get the JUCO OT that's on an official right now.

tOSU can only sign around 23, UGA can get around 28. So there's a slight chance that through quantity we could get to #2.

Thought maybe he decided to go back to majoring in sexual assault with a minor in rape

And Lamar wins in a landslide, we can stop acting like Watson is even close to the same stratosphere

Eh. I'm fairly sure one is gonna be an NFL QB, and one will make a switch to receiver. Not a knock on Lamar's talent, but ion think he's a QB at the next level.

Thought maybe he decided to go back to majoring in sexual assault with a minor in rape

And Lamar wins in a landslide, we can stop acting like Watson is even close to the same stratosphere

Hi friend. Welcome back! You were noticeably absent while Lamar was getting his shit kicked in by Houston and Kentucky.

Actually I was here, even made a few post about how fucking awful our team was the last couple weeks of playing. Even in those games Lamar put up better then p5 average numbers, meanwhile Watson was attempting to set an ACC record for interceptions

Oh and I think I chimed in on how fucking horrible the playoff committee still is

Kevtones

That son of a bitch, Taggart, met with our 2017 QB commit, Tua Tagovailoa. Like the nation's top rated dual threat quarterback would be a good fit at Oregon...

What's confusing is Tua WANTED to come to Oregon but Helfrich and co. barely pursued him. They offered him after Tua publicly 'hoped' for an offer and they went dark on him after offering it.

Like what in the actual fuck? He's even Mariota's protege.

So like what they gonna experience against OSU?
Our o line is atrocious and our defense is garbage Ill give you that. But watson is a turnover machine...
Remember, whenever we win bowl games against traditional powers, it's just that they are disinterested. When we snag our first headman ever it's either a down year or the headman is irrelevant

andycapps

Remember, whenever we win bowl games against traditional powers, it's just that they are disinterested. When we snag our first headman ever it's either a down year or the headman is irrelevant
Honestly it's overrated every year. Would I complain if someone on my team won it? Obviously not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom