• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2016 Championship Week: Of Meaningless Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris R

Out of the 4, go fucking huskies.

If it can't be them I guess Clemson can win it, but if it's an OSU/Bama game I'm going to root for the turf or a stadium collapse or something.

cdyhybrid

Give Petersen whatever he wants.

What a beautiful win. Passing game flash was garbage so we just ran it down their throats.

cashman

Banned
@davidubben
I remember the last time Chris Petersen took a team into a major bowl game everyone said it had no chance to win. Just sayin'.

cashman

Banned
Does anybody legit believe Alabama can beat Washington? I don't think it will be close, Alabama struggles against any good defense.

Corsick

By the fucking way.

Michigan beat Colorado by 17 in Ann Arbor.

UW beat them by 31 on a neutral field.

Regardless of how Washington fairs against 'Bama, they have the resume to deserve to be there now. If Michigan wants to complain, they can look to the two Ls in their loss column. Washington got beat by a good team and didn't stub their toes against inferior ones. Michigan did the latter and it caught up to them when they played great but lost against Ohio State. In the end, the playoff should expand to 8 simply because that allows legit competition to still be included without diluting the season too much with irrelevant games.

Does anybody legit believe Alabama can beat Washington? I don't think it will be close, Alabama struggles against any good defense.

Alabama has more talent than any other team in all of college football, when they turn "it" on, they can clownstomp anyone. I'd be weary of saying anything like that, especially when they have the best roster and arguably coach in all of college football. One thing I would say though is this: Washington should be the 3 seed.

Alabama beat USC by 40 so they're probably gonna beat Washington by 89 if my math is right.

The transitive property is pretty dubious in college football simply because of how teams ebb and flow so dramatically. Talent gaps are enormous and scholarship limits help the have nots get just a bit closer to upsetting the blue bloods. In the end though, when the committee has to compare schedules and common opponents, they HAVE to use the transitive property at some point. Even though it's highly flawed imo. I think Washington is roughly comparable to Clemson in terms of how competitive they can be, save for Browning being much, MUCH less athletic than Watson (that makes Clemson much more dangerous by default). Clemson has better athletes though.

My wife is a Washington alum. We've said that every year of the ten we've been together, that if Ohio State and Washington ever met in a bowl game, we'd go. Most years, it was a fun joke.

Of course, the year it could potentially happen–maybe even for a national championship!–and we could afford to make the trip, we went and bought a house. :(

CU trying to follow the Broncos path to success which first requires you get the brakes beaten off of you by a team from Washington

cdyhybrid

USC should be in the Rose Bowl

Chris Fetters ‏@Chris_Fetters 25s
ESPN's Heather Dinich, who is with the @CFBPlayoff committee, said she believes they were very impressed w/ @UW_Football tonight. #Pac12FCG

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Chris Fetters ‏@Chris_Fetters 25s
ESPN's Heather Dinich, who is with the @CFBPlayoff committee, said she believes they were very impressed w/ @UW_Football tonight. #Pac12FCG
Why is the committee sitting watching these games with an ESPN personality?

My wife is a Washington alum. We've said that every year of the ten we've been together, that if Ohio State and Washington ever met in a bowl game, we'd go. Most years, it was a fun joke.

Of course, the year it could potentially happen–maybe even for a national championship!–and we could afford to make the trip, we went and bought a house. :(
Seems like you have an easy solution to me.

Sell the house.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member

They're all in the same hotel in Dallas. Committee is there to make their decisions tomorrow, Sportscenter is there to cover it in person.

tebunker

Banned

I'm not convinced Washington has that good a defense.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ncaadef

As of last weekend, I believe Alabama has beaten LSU and Auburn who were both opponent adjusted better than UW and only had a tough row against one D all season.

Bama out mans UW across both sides of the line by a fair margin and that will be main deciding factor.

The only way I see UW being competitive is if Browning plays lights out.

/Nevermind, I think you trolled me by looking at other replies. Good on you. Bad on me :p

Alright, I have a bag of junk food, a fridge full of All Day IPA, a new 3ds for commercials & my roommate is at her parents house putting up xmas decorations.

Let's do this.

Im already 2 deep into these....

12182540_878932475557208_8424480475238807738_o-700x325.jpg

and im definitely feeling it.

Platform definitely has some damn good beers. Thinking about heading to Land Grant later to watch the games tonight.

Land Grant is porbably my favorite brewery in the city, love everything theyre doing and their space is great. Also have my christmas brown ale carborating in the keg right now, hoping its ready to tap later today/tonight.

clav

Gave up drinking when I noticed it affected my sleep quality.

It would make me feel sleepy, and then I would wake up highly alert after 2-3 hours later. Can't go back to sleep.

‏@McMurphyESPN 47m47 minutes ago
Les Miles, Art Briles, Lane Kiffin will interview for Houston job, sources told @ESPN. Kiffin interview 1st reported by @38Godfrey

Imagine this being said 3 years ago

‏@McMurphyESPN 47m47 minutes ago
Les Miles, Art Briles, Lane Kiffin will interview for Houston job, sources told @ESPN. Kiffin interview 1st reported by @38Godfrey

Imagine this being said 3 years ago

Art Briles? Don't let me down like this, Houston. I love to see the local team do well, but not like this.

cdyhybrid

She's supposed to be ESPN's playoff committee insider.

Not sure how she's getting her info or what her relationship with the committee is (if she's just getting leaked info or has direct access or what).

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Didn't want to go to the UTC, but the Auburn game was good. You had good seats?
Dad had season tickets on the 45. Upper deck, but lowest row. Great seats. I think our tickets for this game suuuuck, but they are what they are and should be a good game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom