• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2016 Week 3 - Alabama still has more wins in Jerry World than Dallas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nialrot

Oh shit, I wasn't even paying attention. But given Rice's history, I'm going to stay with a subtle jab at Baylor.

And in other news, UCF will be starting it's true freshman QB recruit from Hawai'i today. I guess Frost thinks it's time. I think he was Frost's first recruit when he got to UCF and tried to get him to Oregon when he was the assistant there.

Time to start the Milton Era.

Holman and Patti are straight garbage. Need decent QB play if we want to be competitive against Maryland.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Oh shit, I wasn't even paying attention. But given Rice's history, I'm going to stay with a subtle jab at Baylor.

And in other news, UCF will be starting it's true freshman QB recruit from Hawai'i today. I guess Frost thinks it's time. I think he was Frost's first recruit when he got to UCF and tried to get him to Oregon when he was the assistant there.
Dude... I was joking. It's totally a reference to Title IX.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
husker fan cycle stars anew

I know you hate Riley and all, but if we beat Oregon today, who else is going to beat us?

Northwestern, Illinois, Purdue, and Indiana are all garbage tier. Wisconsin and Ohio State are legit good, Maryland and Minnesota are garbage tier, and Iowa is decent, but it's our year to win the forced rivalry game.

Barring hilarious follies like last year, it shouldn't be hard to go 10-2 if we beat Oregon.

Now,if we lose to Oregon, buy-in drops, and who knows what will happen,but that is the beauty of college football.

Greenymac

Go ahead and get hype for today guys. After this week the matchups go to shit for most of the rest of the season... Good games on at every time slot. I hate when UGA plays so late, but UL-FSU at noon and Bama vs Cold Piss at 330 will help the time pass.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Dawgs!

Slo

I know you hate Riley and all, but if we beat Oregon today, who else is going to beat us?

Northwestern, Illinois, Purdue, and Indiana are all garbage tier. Wisconsin and Ohio State are legit good, Maryland and Minnesota are garbage tier, and Iowa is decent, but it's our year to win the forced rivalry game.

Barring hilarious follies like last year, it shouldn't be hard to go 10-2 if we beat Oregon.

Now,if we lose to Oregon, buy-in drops, and who knows what will happen,but that is the beauty of college football.

You'll lose to OSU, Iowa, and Wisconsin, plus you'll dump at least 1 game against a "garbage tier" team.
8-4 and the Woolite Color Safe Bleach Bowl.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
You'll lose to OSU, Iowa, and Wisconsin, plus you'll dump at least 1 game against a "garbage tier" team.
8-4 and the Woolite Color Safe Bleach Bowl.

Its definitely possible, but I just can't see it happening since we aren't forced to trot out 3rd and 4th stringers on Defense like last year due to injury.

That, and we built up enough karma with losses to Purdue and Illinois that we can cash some of it in against at least 1 of those 4 possibilities.

9-3 is the absolute worst we do if we beat Oregon. Book it, Tag bet, or whatever. :p

FyreWulff

just saying, every year it's This Is The Year

and then Nebraska 'braskas itself.

Every.

Goddamn.

Time.

edit: you have to also be careful with Northwestern. They're the team that wins games they shouldn't and loses games they shouldn't.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
You knew more than any of us so no worries.

I, for one, didn't realize it also removed protections for LGBT as a protected class. Pretty gross of NC. To be honest, I don't really care about the bathroom thing that much. I am sure that is ivory tower, straight white male viewpoint, but where someone has to use the bathroom seems so small compared to the fear of being fired or otherwise financially maligned just because you are gay. Then, to add insult to injury, the law states that you are unable to sue your former boss for discrimination since your rights as a protected class have been taken from you.

Why the media has buried the lede on the actual impact of this law is ridiculous.

HeySeuss

Ready for a great day of CFB and GAF banter. I think we're going to lose tonight so I'm trying to make peace with it early. Hopefully I'm not passed out by kickoff

jfkgoblue

Big game at noon feels weird. Now I'm wondering if FSU will be awake because I'm not
ABC hates it, I remember in 2006 when it was #1 Ohio State vs #2 Michigan scheduled at noon, ABC pitched a fit and wanted to move it to 8, but that's sacreligious around these parts, but they gave in and moved it to 3:30... The only Michigan-Ohio State game not played at noon

HeySeuss

ABC hates it, I remember in 2006 when it was #1 Ohio State vs #2 Michigan scheduled at noon, ABC pitched a fit and wanted to move it to 8, but that's sacreligious around these parts, but they gave in and moved it to 3:30... The only Michigan-Ohio State game not played at noon

The outrage from the fanbases was off the charts. You don't mess with tradition like that, but it ended up being one of the best games in the rivalry.

There was a lot of outrage when they moved it to after Thanksgiving but not as much I don't think.

jfkgoblue

It's not even noon and I'm already drunk, God I love CFB!
The outrage from the fanbases was off the charts. You don't mess with tradition like that, but it ended up being one of the best games in the rivalry.

There was a lot of outrage when they moved it to after Thanksgiving but not as much I don't think.
The moving to after thanksgiving was seen as a neccasary evil to maintain exposure later in the year for MNC purposes

Wasn't played at 8 because the b1g had a no night game rule in November. That rule ended around 3 years ago

jfkgoblue

Never participated in a pickem before, what's the last question after the username supposed to mean
What's your teams conference
Wasn't played at 8 because the b1g had a no night game rule in November. That rule ended around 3 years ago
I know, I guess I didn't word it properly... ABC did want to move it to 8, but since that was off the table due to Big Ten rules, they lobbied for 3:30 and we gave in.

I think if 1v2 happens again this year, the Big Ten will have the power vs ESPN to keep it at noon

HeySeuss

What's your teams conference

I know, I guess I didn't word it properly... ABC did want to move it to 8, but since that was off the table due to Big Ten rules, they lobbied for 3:30 and we gave in.

Ah gotcha. That's what I went with but I wasn't sure.

HeySeuss

Damn Corso sounds terrible. I'm not even sure he knows where he is at times. I hope this is last year for his health's sake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom