• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2016 Week One: UCLA MEGATHREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got back from my Father's day breakfast. Ended up watching 15mins of the game at my parents place and I was trying to explain college football to my old man (he was wondering about the rankings).

He likes the bands/atmosphere and the how the fans carry on. A couple of reasons which pulled me in too.

He ended up giving me a Tom Wolfe book to read on life at University in the US (he's more of a reader than a sports fan). I now I just realised I didn't actually give him a present.

Kevtones

Oregon wasn't focused today. A super meh 25 point win.

- Two bad fumbles from Charles Nelson negates his 288 AP yards.
- Prukop looks really solid. He doesn't have the playmaking ability of Adams but he might be more consistent/accurate.
- True Freshman Troy Dye had 11 tackles, 4.5 TFL, and a blocked field goal. What a debut.
- Team looked disinterested intermittently.
- Defense actually looked pretty good when it cared. Then again it was a shit team they were playing.
- UCD's QB was actually pretty impressive with the ball.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
So I wonder if Hurts is going to be the guy. Barnett never went back in, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him start the second half.

Lkr

I just got back from my Father's day breakfast. Ended up watching 15mins of the game at my parents place and I was trying to explain college football to my old man (he was wondering about the rankings).

He likes the bands/atmosphere and the how the fans carry on. A couple of reasons which pulled me in too.

He ended up giving me a Tom Wolfe book to read on life at University in the US (he's more of a reader than a sports fan). I now I just realised I didn't actually give him a present.
So many what the fucks, I don't know where to start:
Father's Day in September? Just ate breakfast?

Velcro Fly

stomped on him as Adoree Jackson was trying to help him up too

should just revoke scholarships of players that do shit like that

So many what the fucks, I don't know where to start:
Father's Day in September? Just ate breakfast?

Everything is upside down and I rode there on my pet Kangaroo too.

Australians are weird. Or masters of trolling.

He actually explains plays, and I like that he is not over the top. I have learnt about football from him, more than Mark May anyway. An Lou Holtz was just funny from an angry old man perspective, but I couldnt understand him half the time.

Kevtones

To honor their punter who passed away earlier this year, Nebraska lined up without a punter and took a delay of game. Fresno State declined the penalty.

Super awesome gesture to the honor Sam Foltz.

FloydtheFathead said:
Let them come.

We're already here. Get ready to relive the good ol' days.

Fun Fact: the last time ND played a regular season game on a Sunday was 1898 against Michigan, but that's also possibly not true because some papers claim it was played on Saturday and others claim it was played on a Sunday.

We're already here. Get ready to relive the good ol' days.

Fun Fact: the last time ND played a regular season game on a Sunday was 1898 against Michigan, but that's also possibly not true because some papers claim it was played on Saturday and others claim it was played on a Sunday.

surely catholics wouldnt play football on Sunday back in those days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom