• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Bowl and Playoff Thread - Where American Mediocrity is rewarded!

Status
Not open for further replies.

andycapps

The great thing about bourbon is there are so many good to excellent brands in the $20-$40 range or so. I bought a $50 bottle of Michter's for this exchange and that is the most expensive bottle of liquor I've ever bought.

Yep, I'm thinking about getting Maker's today, but Bulleitt is good, Eagle Rare is pretty good, Four Roses, Buffalo Trace, etc. I'd really like to try some Pappy Van Winkel, but the price and it being hard to find have made it not happen.

That pass by Maguire into double coverage was really poor. Obviously.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Yep, I'm thinking about getting Maker's today, but Bulleitt is good, Eagle Rare is pretty good, Four Roses, Buffalo Trace, etc. I'd really like to try some Pappy Van Winkel, but the price and it being hard to find have made it not happen.

Pappy is good stuff... but it's not worth the asking price at all.

I prefer rye though. Whistle Pig is goooood. If you're cheap, grab some George Dickel.

andycapps

I prefer rye though. Whistle Pig is goooood. If you're cheap, grab some George Dickel.

I'm not very experienced with rye, but I've liked what I've had. There's a place here that makes a great rye old-fashioned, though their bourbon old-fashioned is also very good.

Piggus

This is random, but not sure if you ever weighed in. What do you think of Scott Frost as a head coach?

I'm sure he'll be great. He's a very quick thinker, and a lot of Oregon players talk about him the same way they talk about Helfrich in terms of his leadership ability. Kinda sucks for us losing a great OC, but Duck fans have been expecting it for a long time.

Bulleit is my recent go-to. been finding it for about $22 a bottle, so hard to beat. Also like Makers, Woodford, and Knob Creek.

Yeah a few of my friends have found Pappy, but not sure if it's worth the effort in finding it, then of course the cost.

Haven't had much exposure to rye. That's an area I've been apprehensive about.

andycapps

Bulleit is my recent go-to. been finding it for about $22 a bottle, so hard to beat. Also like Makers, Woodford, and Knob Creek.

Haven't had much exposure to rye. That's an area I've been apprehensive about.

Yeah Bulleitt is a super solid bourbon for the price. That $20-25 a bottle has some really great stuff in there. Obviously if you go up another $5-10 it gets a little better but most of the time I don't think the difference is worth it.

I've been apprehensive to buy any rye as well. I'm accustomed to bourbon and branching out has me intimidated.

Limedust

You haven't had this deliciousness, which I enjoyed on a bullet train in Japan.

aB2eLUZ.png

OT, but I always enjoy how you can get canned alcoholic beverages out of street vending machines in Asian countries.

Bought the wife some lightweight Tequila Rose for NYE celebratory shots (she's allergic to hops, so beer is a no-go) so we don't have a repeat of last year. XD

NervousXtian

If you like bourbon, you'll like rye. Bulliet makes a decent rye, so does Dickel.

Whistle Pig is the best I've had though.. but it's $70+ a bottle.

The Stone Fruit version is great as well

I'll have to get some. The Kroger on the other side of town carries it. The one near me doesn't.

Also, I revoke my endorsement for that Black Jack Cola. The first one is fine. By the time you get to the second, it's too damn sweet. This may be because I've cut all sugary drinks from my diet, so I'm not used to it.

Ugh. Houston don't choke. Please.

NervousXtian

DAGGER?

Dagger.

BTW, commentator likes saying Major Applewhite... I don't blame him... it's a badass name.

andycapps

A brewery. In the middle of brewing a honey ipa and trying to watch as much of the game as possible.

It hasn't been great.

Oh nice. I've always thought that would be fun. Friend of mine works for a distributor so he's always getting limited stuff at great prices. Seems like a fun job as well.

Edit. And this isn't over! FSU making it interesting.

andycapps

I'm not an IPA fan, but a honey brew might be tasty. I'm a porter and stout guy myself.

Ditto. Though Bell's Two-Hearted Ale is a good IPA. It's pretty balanced, IMO.

Really active in this thread, this is what happens when I'm stuck at work with nothing to do but watch football and post on GAF.

Edit: NFL news.. ESPN ticker stating Colts have fired their coach.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Gg Houston.

If you can't stop a run when you know 100% they are going to run then you don't deserve to win.

Defense played okish given how shitty the offense was, especially in the second half.

Derwin James is a madman.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Who here is brewing Trippels?

Rockmill Brewery right off 33 when heading towards lancaster. Place is super cool to visit, they get their water right off the hocking river that runs through on site. They had their water tested and its close to those form Belgium so they brew almost only belgium beers. A few stores around here sell their stuff but its for sure worth going to visit the brewery itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom