• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Bowl and Playoff Thread - Where American Mediocrity is rewarded!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That looks good. I've had a few really good pumpkin beers this season, now that it's such a trendy thing.

I had one good pumpkin beer and one bad one. Sadly I forgot the name of the good one, it was the beer of the week at one of my local bars.

I really like the area I live in, so many good places for both beer and whiskey.

Rockmill Brewery right off 33 when heading towards lancaster. Place is super cool to visit, they get their water right off the hocking river that runs through on site. They had their water tested and its close to those form Belgium so they brew almost only belgium beers. A few stores around here sell their stuff but its for sure worth going to visit the brewery itself.

I keep meaning to go there. All I ever seem to end up at is Pigskin in Gahanna since I live really close to it. I'll be at Land Grant tonight before going to COSI's First Night Columbus event.

andycapps

Rockmill Brewery right off 33 when heading towards lancaster. Place is super cool to visit, they get their water right off the hocking river that runs through on site. They had their water tested and its close to those form Belgium so they brew almost only belgium beers. A few stores around here sell their stuff but its for sure worth going to visit the brewery itself.

Interesting, will have to check that out.

Herman really is the QB Whisperer.

I keep meaning to go there. All I ever seem to end up at is Pigskin in Gahanna since I live really close to it. I'll be at Land Grant tonight before going to COSI's First Night Columbus event.

Pigskin is god shit, this sumer we did the CBus Ale Trail so i got to try every local brewery. Land Grant is definetly one of my favorite locals, but Zauber is top of my list

My supervisors will be happy when I return to work next week. Weird working for a rival, though.

AAC AAC AAC

Happy for the Coogs. Love the ex-CUSA teams running all over this conference. Well happy for them until the next season starts. Then they can go pound sand.

Smokey

tom-herman-grill.jpg

i love you ;_:

Think I'll do 9 miles on my bike before Clemson and Oklahoma. I legit don't care about this game. Just as long as whoever wins this loses to Michigan State or beats Alabama.

why the fuck are playoff games on the 31st? I almost missed them if not for someone telling me casually today.

Blame the Rose Bowl. I kind of wish the CFP committee had the balls to tell Rose to fuck off an remove them from the playoff rotation. Or at least ignore their scheduling concerns.

andycapps

Nobody cares about Clemson, so why would they put the lesser ratings draw on prime time just because they're the number one seed? Might not be fair, but its the truth.

I think these things have everything to do with money, which has everything to do with the bowl games and who has the most power/money. This game is going to be over before the West Coast gets off work.

Nobody cares about Clemson, so why would they put the lesser ratings draw on prime time just because they're the number one seed? Might not be fair, but its the truth.

Alabama is the largest national draw, but both Clemson and Oklahoma are much bigger draws than MSU.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Is there a more College Football Quarterback name than "Baker Mayfield?"

HeySeuss

I think these things have everything to do with money, which has everything to do with the bowl games and who has the most power/money. This game is going to be over before the West Coast gets off work.

Yep. Alabama moves the meter. Even Michigan State to a lesser extent. But both together far outdraw Clemson even with a traditional power in Oklahoma.

andycapps

Is there a more College Football Quarterback name than "Baker Mayfield?"

Missed opportunity for him to end up at Bama with that name.

HeySeuss said:
Yep. Alabama moves the meter. Even Michigan State to a lesser extent. But both together far outdraw Clemson even with a traditional power in Oklahoma.

Clemson is a bigger draw than Michigan State on their own, but I think the Bama/Michigan State game is a bigger draw as a whole because of the whole Saban vs his former disciple angle.

Clemson is a bigger draw than Michigan State on their own, but I think the Bama/Michigan State game is a bigger draw as a whole because of the whole Saban vs his former disciple angle.

Also Big 10 vs SEC angle, much bigger draw than big 12 vs ACC

andycapps

I don't get that flag. The ball was uncatchable. That said, DB didn't need to do that, and if it had been in bounds it would have been PI.

HeySeuss

You think? I'm not so sure about that. But neither are a big draw so its debatable.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion

Probably more about "Everyone wants Alabama to lose", same as it's been for 5,6, 7 years now.

It's nuts that there's a playoff game on, while the national networks are showing Ellen, midafternoon shows, soap operas and informercials :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom