• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Bowl and Playoff Thread - Where American Mediocrity is rewarded!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a day of shitty games. Besides the OSU ND game rest were boring. Cant remember last time the New year day bowls were mostly blowouts besides'1 game...

Treadwell not ruling out coming back! I doubt he will stay, but it would be great if him and Kelly are there with all the new recruits.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
PhonyDetailedCollie.gif

When you see it... etc etc

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Ratings for CFP down like 35% from last year... maybe trying to play the biggest games on New Years eve is a bad idea... didn't help that the matchup's weren't great.. and both games were basically blowouts... pretty disappointing after-Christmas games this year.. on paper some seemed better... but too many blowouts... just not had a lot of quality games to watch.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Ratings for CFP down like 35% from last year... maybe trying to play the biggest games on New Years eve is a bad idea... didn't help that the matchup's weren't great.. and both games were basically blowouts... pretty disappointing after-Christmas games this year.. on paper some seemed better... but too many blowouts... just not had a lot of quality games to watch.

So we never should have gone to the playoff format, if letting in "lesser brands" in is detrimental to watchable football.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
So we never should have gone to the playoff format, if letting in "lesser brands" in is detrimental to watchable football.

No, it's not that... it's not like Oklahoma, Clemson or MSU aren't powerhouse schools in their own right... it's just don't put the games on New Years Eve when people got other shit they wanna do... and it's a weird college season where there just hasn't been a lot of sexy teams at the top..

When the most famous guys at 3 of the 4 schools are probably the coaches... (sorry Mayfield, Cook and Watson)... and there just seemed to be little hype leading up this whole thing... but that's college football sometimes.

BTW, a sexy well deserving "lesser brand" could bring a lot to the table in excitement.. but Clemson and MSU aren't "lesser brands".

I was under the impression they would be on New Years Day and was completely shocked when I saw the games had already been played. A friend I talked to yesterday had the same reaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom