• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Offseason: FEAR THE TREE (and other non-threatening PC mascots)

Status
Not open for further replies.

andycapps

Florida assistant, Tim Davis, referred to Saban as being Satan. The coaches in the conference just don't seem to like him that much.

"I've always wanted to work with Will," Davis said. "Will's got a plan. Will coached under the devil himself for seven years. I only did three. He did seven. And his DNA is not any different than Nick."

"[Muschamp]'s like the other guy, only he's got a personality," Davis said. "He'll smile at you. He'll talk to you. You understand? That's what he's all about. That's Will. I'm proud to work for him."

XZz1Tww.jpg

LosDaddie

Banned
Any list of best hits without at least one of these is nutty:

Greg Jones saying sit the fuck down to the UNC kid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wbO3ZOQMbQ

Stanford Samuels DESTROYING Roscoe Parrish (he had internal bleeding): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=de1aMu2pDOg

Greg Reid knocking Marcus Lattimore out during the bowl game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1D1IGweDXSY

Nigel Bradham nearly killing this UM receiver: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGYwJaqIzLU

Yes

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Mark May on Florida o-line coach Tim Davis: "As far as I'm concerned, he's a backstabbing coward."

:lol, simmer down Mark May. Might be true, but just do what Saban does: Ignore it, too busy recruiting and winning.

andycapps

Think he's up to 30 pages now :lol

Oh man, I'm starting to feel dumber by the minute reading that thread. Between LSU fans talking about how Bama isn't really all that great, and Bama fans talking about everyone riding their coattails or how they're a dynasty, blah blah blah. But that blackmamba dude is awesome.

Cyan, can you get blackmamba a membership here? Just sign him up, we need his contribution to our CFB society.

Grantham responded to what Muschamp said, not much here other than him understanding why Muschamp said that to a Gator club, but did take issue to the 6 turnovers spin:

“I mean, what do you expect him to say,” said Grantham during am interview session with reporters shortly before speaking to fans and alumni. “Will’s a a guy that I know personally and I think he’s done a good job at Florida. I think he’s very competitive, as we all are as coaches. He’s a guy that wants to win. I think he’s just trying to fire up the people in Jacksonville.

“The bottom line is, in this league you win with individual performance and mental and physical toughness and you do it on the field. The fact is, the last two years we’ve won in Florida and we’ve won the SEC East. From that standpoint, that stuff has no effect on me.”

Muschamp cited the Gators’ turnover issues in last year’s 17-9 Georgia victory and characterized them as self-inflicted.

“Obviously, when you turn the ball over six times, you’re not going to win many games,” Muschamp said. “We fought through a lot of adversity we created for ourselves in the game. It just didn’t work out.”

Grantham took exception to that. He clearly feels the Bulldogs should be given some credit for coming up with the football.

“We actually created six turnovers and we were plus-3 for the game,” Grantham said. “In this league, when you turn the ball over you’re going to have a hard time winning. The last two years we’ve had 62 (takeaways), which is second only to LSU. If we’re plus-1 since I’ve been here we’re right around 92 percent win. It’s a critical point, we emphasize it and we work it every day. It’s a part of the game. You have to protect the football.”

Lonestar

a 4 star DT prospect named Elisha Shaw (poor dude, his name is actually Elisha) tweeted that he would sure like that fifth star added to his profile, and then included an image of the recruiting website:

I'll let you guy's figure out what went wrong in the picture.

cashman

Banned
haha kid needs to discover the wonders of private browsing.

Although it is a little odd that he is browsing other pages in the middle of a "session"

Lonestar

Draxal

Rutgers 2014 sched.

Saturday, August 30 Additional opponent to be announced

Saturday, September 6 Howard

Saturday, September 13 Penn State*

Saturday, September 20 at Navy

Saturday, September 27 Tulane

Saturday, October 4 Michigan*

Saturday, October 11 Idle

Saturday, October 18 at Ohio State*

Saturday, October 25 at Nebraska*

Saturday, November 1 Wisconsin*

Saturday, November 8 Idle

Saturday, November 15 Indiana*

Saturday, November 22 at Michigan State*

Saturday, November 29 at Maryland*

.... Wow

Lonestar

Was coming to post that :lol

hairswaprichtmuschamp_medium.jpg

Richt turns into a Older Beiber and Will turns into disheveled Nolan North.

Rutgers 2014 sched.

Saturday, August 30 Additional opponent to be announced

Saturday, September 6 Howard

Saturday, September 13 Penn State*

Saturday, September 20 at Navy

Saturday, September 27 Tulane

Saturday, October 4 Michigan*

Saturday, October 11 Idle

Saturday, October 18 at Ohio State*

Saturday, October 25 at Nebraska*

Saturday, November 1 Wisconsin*

Saturday, November 8 Idle

Saturday, November 15 Indiana*

Saturday, November 22 at Michigan State*

Saturday, November 29 at Maryland*

.... Wow

Enjoy that row.

Schedule posters are actually out early for once for UCF. Pretty cool looking - medieval/knight theme going on. And thanks to the AAC/BE leadership of course our first poster in our new league does not have the logo on it at all.

Okay, so that 9/27 "bye" is actually the Cincinnati game. Not sure why the B1G lists it as a bye; it's just an OOC game.

Still, I wish our bye were later in the season. I doubt we'll be hurting for rest after that Maryland game.

LosDaddie

Banned
Not that I post here (or on GAF, in general) much, but hopefully my new job doesn't block GAF. Today is my last day at my current company. They let me take a final vacation day tomorrow (my b-day...i'm so old). Sucks that I joined a relatively new company because of its potential, helped build their engineering standards & procedures from scratch, then be told that I've essentially worked myself out of a job....that my position doesn't really exist at the company anymore. :| Oh well, thems the breaks. I was able to find a better paying job within 2mos.

So hope to see you guys on the other side!

I don't think Nick Saban is really "disappointed" over that satan analogy. He's a robot and robots don't have empathy. He's fabricating an emotion in attempt to throw us off. You didn't fool me, Satan

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Hmmm this seems like violation to me under ncaa rule. Doesnt it say student athletes arent allowed to do things normal students could not get the privilege to do based upon their name?

I don't think the SCHOOL can treat them any differently than a normal student, but that doesn't mean they can't receive any outside awards or recognition of nominal monetary value.

I don't think the SCHOOL can treat them any differently than a normal student, but that doesn't mean they can't receive any outside awards or recognition of nominal monetary value.

I remember a big stink was raised when TP and the other got access to private country club here in Columbus.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
I remember a big stink was raised when TP and the other got access to private country club here in Columbus.

That's different. That's something that people usually pay for. Throwing out the first pitch at a baseball game or (to us an example with an Alabama player) driving the pace car at Talladega, are things usually given out as honors or rewards.

cdyhybrid

Jon Wilner ‏@wilnerhotline 4m
Sources: @Pac12 will add Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl to postseason lineup starting in '14 ...

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

We're big time now!

Stealth brag.

Pretty sure UF doesn't do that anymore. Can't afford it with budget cuts. Number of NMS is a factor in USNews rankings, which is why they all did it. Pretty dumb since the NMS qualifying score varies by state.

The school with the most undergrad NMSs is now Oklahoma. I know this because my nephew got a full ride there just this fall. They make a pretty big deal about it. They have, however made adjustments to the program for out-of-state NMS recipients. They no longer give a full ride automatically to any OoS NMS that applies as they had in the past. They are much more selective now, because of budget.

For my nephew, it was great, because OU was one of the top undergrad schools in the country for his field of study anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom