• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Offseason: FEAR THE TREE (and other non-threatening PC mascots)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!

mre

Thanks guys. My family and I are fine, and it appears that more people than you'd think were able to get away or find shelter. Over 100 people were found in shelters overnight.

Awesome news. Glad that you and yours are fine.

mre

That was a horrible conference. And Xbox One is a horrible name too.
So that makes the major consoles 3 for 3 on names that are either shitty or boring this generation, with Sony at least getting points for consistency.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
That was a horrible conference. And Xbox One is a horrible name too.

I blame XBONE on getting a speeding ticket (couldn't get out of the office fast enough to run away from the fails)

Everytime I heard them say "XBox One" I kept thinking "Why are they talking about the original XBox? That Gigantic Dinosaur has long since been dead and buried."

First we thought it was XBOX ALIVE, then XBOX ON, and those were "ok", but then XBOX ONE, and it's just FAIL. It's either a pun ("XBOX WON") or...I don't know what, it's stupid. Maybe it's meant as XBOX On E. On Ecstasy. Would make sense, for how STUPID it was.

Oh, and PAAAAWL Finebaum is going to Charolette for the SEC/ESPN Network. Future Cowherd-type show

Lonestar

Leaving Birmingham? Boooooo!

Officially the end, it's a sure sign that the SEC Offices are leaving Birmingham, and are going to either Knoxville, Baton Rouge, or "someone else that hates Alabama", PAAAAWL.

andycapps

So that makes the major consoles 3 for 3 on names that are either shitty or boring this generation, with Sony at least getting points for consistency.

Yeah at least Sony's makes sense. With Xbox One they're going to have to spend 5-10 minutes somewhere just explaining why the 3rd Xbox is called Xbox One. And Wii U, yeah, I still don't know why it has a U in the name.

Just won free season tickets through UCF. Was going to buy them next week or so too....saves me roughly $200.

Maybe I'll convert that to a donation instead or something.

Lonestar

Yeah at least Sony's makes sense. With Xbox One they're going to have to spend 5-10 minutes somewhere just explaining why the 3rd Xbox is called Xbox One. And Wii U, yeah, I still don't know why it has a U in the name.

Wii U makes me think of the fake band DriveShaft's #1 hit: "We All Everybody"

It's baby talk.

andycapps

Usual alumni speaking things are going on this time of year.. In one of them, Richt said they have a set for Gurley and Marshall to be in at the same time, presumably in a wishbone type set, and they have another with Gurley, Marshall, and a fullback leading.. I really hope they use that some this year.

cdyhybrid

Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl default opponent changed from Navy to BYU (assuming proper eligibility, non-BCS/playoff, etc.). Woohoo CFB offseason!

Um we finally got naming rights for our basketball arena? ~$560k a year for 7 years - total value at $3.95 million.

This in addition to the rights to our FB facility which is at $1 million a year through 2022 or something.

cdyhybrid

Husky Stadium 2.0 Ticket Update!

Patio suites - sold out.

Touchdown Terrace (field-level suites in the end zone) - sold out.

Premium suites - nearly sold out.

44K season tickets sold (not counting student tickets), compared to 38K at this point last year.

andycapps

Hey if you want to see something funny, look at Georgia Tech's recruiting pitch this year. Remember that they're turning most of their attention out of state since they aren't doing too well there. Hear a lot about them hitting Catholic schools in Ohio and the Midwest.

Karakand

Hey if you want to see something funny, look at Georgia Tech's recruiting pitch this year. Remember that they're turning most of their attention out of state since they aren't doing too well there. Hear a lot about them hitting Catholic schools in Ohio and the Midwest.

Cowherd sells the SEC in the same manner like every other day during the season when he's doing his rote monologue concerning the hierarchies of sports and why they're legitimate / well-earned.

Also, are we really observing a Georgian asking FOR carpetbaggers? F*cked up.

andycapps

Cowherd sells the SEC in the same manner like every other day during the season when he's doing his rote monologue concerning the hierarchies of sports and why they're legitimate / well-earned.

Also, are we really observing a Georgian asking FOR carpetbaggers? F*cked up.
At least Cowherd can sell a history of success in the SEC.

Also, Georgia Tech is hardly representative of Georgians. You should have really gone for the Sherman joke since he's from Ohio.

Karakand

The General's name should not be dragged into such trivial matters, no matter how similar the geography may appear.

Thankfully he doesn't try and sell anything more than a recent history of success, I don't think I could stay on the road from the laughter a claim of Floridian tradition would induce.

Evilore said:
This is not a punishment. Off-Topic Community subcommunity members are encouraged to post temporary discussion threads for the general forum population in the main Off-Topic area, for example for a specific sporting event or political debate or album release. However, keep in mind that insular, cliquey, exclusionary behavior won't be tolerated.

I hope this means our weekly threads will be allowed to be posted on the main off topic area. CFB is typically a Saturday sporting event, which is "specific" enough for me. But how will the mods (Cyan) view it?

We're objectively the most welcoming bunch of jocks on GAF, and are not hostile towards newcomers at all ( Unless they are irrational bandwagon domer fans ). It would be a shame if our future threads were all in community since fewer GAFers would have a chance to be exposed to our sport as a result.

mre

Sorry, no. That's more along the lines of having a main-forum thread for the MNC game. Day-to-day (or week-to-week) threads will need to stay in Community.

But hey, we've got a bunch of new neighbors now.

All right guys. Here's the plan. Someone posts a "real" weekly thread and tells Cyan about it. We all make a few token posts in it to keep up the ruse.

I'll make a weekly thread in OT proper talking about my favorite type of flora or fauna, and the rest of you will know to head to that thread for our CFB discussion of the week.

Just don't tell Cyan. I think he probably wears a wire to our meetings.

Well that sucks. The weekly threads were welcoming and short lived week to week.

Fuck it then. If we take out USCe, you better believe a thread is getting made. Maybe I'll bump the PSU thread too to laugh more.

Meier

Jameis! Beastmode.

fahrinhislaser.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom