• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Offseason: FEAR THE TREE (and other non-threatening PC mascots)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingGondo

Banned
The school with the most undergrad NMSs is now Oklahoma. I know this because my nephew got a full ride there just this fall. They make a pretty big deal about it. They have, however made adjustments to the program for out-of-state NMS recipients. They no longer give a full ride automatically to any OoS NMS that applies as they had in the past. They are much more selective now, because of budget.

For my nephew, it was great, because OU was one of the top undergrad schools in the country for his field of study anyway.
OU trumpets their NMS numbers every chance they get.

In other news, it appears that Gundy is barring Wes Lunt from transferring to Southern Miss (where Monken went) or any SEC school.

I don't agree with that. Let the kid go where he wants.

squicken

@ZachKerker: BREAKING; Rochester HC Derek Leonard: OSU blocking Wes Lunt transfer to SEC, PAC 12, BIG 12, S. Miss & E. Michigan

Gundy is a man. Just a really small one

cdyhybrid

@ZachKerker: BREAKING; Rochester HC Derek Leonard: OSU blocking Wes Lunt transfer to SEC, PAC 12, BIG 12, S. Miss & E. Michigan

Wow, blocking transfers to every conference. That's brutal. Let the kid leave, he's not going to play for you either way.

squicken

Ah, right. Didn't notice that. I wonder why the only conference he'll allow is the B1G? Don't they have a lot of bowl tie-ins with the Big 12?

RT @ZachKerker Asked Leonard if OSU has provided any reason on blocks, "they could play in bowl games?" Was his reply

Guess that's his high school coach

cdyhybrid

RT @ZachKerker Asked Leonard if OSU has provided any reason on blocks, "they could play in bowl games?" Was his reply

Guess that's his high school coach

That's some weak shit. Chances are even if he does transfer to one of those schools they wouldn't end up playing each other in a bowl.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Best reason of all why Alabama was the correct choice over that inferior OSU school in 2011:

Alabama has let players transfer to Auburn (Corey Grant).

Even had the chance to play a previous back up QB the following year after he transferred (Star Jackson transferred to Georgia State, and Georgia State played the following year, but Star Jackson wasn't good enough to start for them, transferred again the following year).

This kid could try the Darren Sentimore way: He was at Alabama for a year, transferred to JUCO, then transfers a year later to Tennessee.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Best reason of all why Alabama was the correct choice over that inferior OSU school in 2011:

Alabama has let players transfer to Auburn (Corey Grant).

Even had the chance to play a previous back up QB the following year after he transferred (Star Jackson transferred to Georgia State, and Georgia State played the following year, but Star Jackson wasn't good enough to start for them, transferred again the following year).

This kid could try the Darren Sentimore way: He was at Alabama for a year, transferred to JUCO, then transfers a year later to Tennessee.
It's my understanding that this is irrelevant, because if Alabama hadn't released him, then he'd be unable to be on scholarship for 2 years. Sentimore went to JUCO for grades/disciplinary reasons.

mcgruber

So he can go Ivy League at least. Are they even comparable any fbs conferences like Mac mountain west?

After watching Star Trek today I came to the conclusion that JJ Abrams is the Urban Meyer of scifi franchises

Both come into ailing franchises, resurrect them (2 national championships, 2 successful films) then they both jump ship to their true loves.

A live broadcast of UT's graduation ceremony is on LHN! All the fun of watching a graduation ceremony from the comfort of your home! Hey theres Vince Young.

You really got nothing better to do with your time?

I can't sit through graduation ceremonies in person so I sure as hell wouldn't watch it on television. I watched it for like 3 minutes to see how they were broadcasting it. I'm sure highlighting Vince Young in the graduating class brought in the ratings. a .000001 share?

Between this and the stellar performance of the major UT athletics programs this year, it's no wonder LHN is a massive success.

Hey now, we won the women's volleyball national championship! And our men's golf team is going for back to back championships!

...yeah, we're awful in football and men's basketball.

Hey now, we won the women's volleyball national championship! And our men's golf team is going for back to back championships!

...yeah, we're awful in football and men's basketball.

don't forget baseball. This year we became the first team in big12 history to lose every single conference series in a season. Considering broadcasting numerous baseball home games on LHN was a big part of the deal, I'm sure they aren't too happy about how bad that team sucks.

Also, the top 8 baseball teams in the big12 get to compete in the big12 tournament. We finished in 9th place, and there are only 9 baseball teams in the big 12.

Volleyball ( and maybe mens golf/softball? ) are the sole bright spots in an otherwise disastrous athletics program.

edit: In other news, Case McCoy left on a mission trip today and won't be back for 10 weeks. He's gonna herp and derp across the world to spread the good news

impirius

don't forget baseball. This year we became the first team in big12 history to lose every single conference series in a season. Considering broadcasting numerous baseball home games on LHN was a big part of the deal, I'm sure they aren't too happy about how bad that team sucks.

Also, the top 8 baseball teams in the big12 get to compete in the big12 tournament. We finished in 9th place, and there are only 9 baseball teams in the big 12.
What the hell happened over the past couple of years? Augie Garrido's job is still safe, right?

(Congrats on the softball regional win, btw, grumble)

cdyhybrid

I probably won't be playing a non-NCAAF or non-Battlefield 4 game on a console this coming generation.

Might consider getting a Wii U if/when the new Mario/Zelda/Smash Bros. games are out.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
and a couple of AAC FANS.

AAC AAC AAC.

Only game I've been playing is Fire Emblem recently. Consoles are now for Netflix.
Truth. Though I had just started to enjoy Demon Souls when my PS3 YLODed on me.
Its funny that Bama/OSU are basically 2 vocal fans for those team each. While we get new gata lifelong what seems like every week.
Don't forget the thousands of domers that flooded our threads last year.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Old news, I know, but it looks like TCU has suspended Devonte Fields for the first two games of the season. Won't have him against LSU but he's conveniently back in time for the conference opening Tech game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom