• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Offseason: FEAR THE TREE (and other non-threatening PC mascots)

Status
Not open for further replies.

andycapps

I think we should have let the grandfather have his way and have him not come to UGA. The didn't find any marijuana and no charges were filed, so I'm wondering if he'll still be punished.

Lonestar said:
Been awhile since this statement has been used correctly, but it seems that Mark Richt has lost control of the Georgia Football Program.

lol

andycapps

Since we're officially in the offseason now.. Let's review the fact that there are not uniform suspension policies in the NCAA, much less the SEC. At Clemson, Harvey-Clemons would not be suspended at all until a 3rd offense. At Bama, LSU, tOSU, Michigan, Texas, and Florida, he wouldn't be suspended for this either.

We probably won't know what Richt is doing until the day of the game, but I'd guess he'll be strict as usual and he'll get suspended, even if no charges were filed and there was no evidence found. Most of the team is coming back for voluntary workouts this week, so I'd guess the leaders are going to reiterate that this kind of shit won't fly with UGA's overzealous police.

Draxal

Georgia - QUIT TRYING TO INTERRUPT THE OFFSEASON OF RUTGERS!

Do you think Barchi is gone or not? I just want him gone immediately, I don't give a shit about Herman (although lieing twice is not a good thing at all). But Carino's article on him mirrors my opinion of him perfectly and HE's A GOODAMN SHU FAN.

KingGondo

Banned
Apparently Lunt is down to Illinois and Louisville as his final 2 schools.

He could do some real damage at Louisville as the successor to Bridgewater.

Smoking a blunt in a dorm room is just disrespectful. I mean, sure, not every college kid can afford a vaporizer. But how much does it cost to smoke out of a one-hitter, shove a towel into that crack under the door, open a window, and blow through one of those paper towel tubes stuffed with Downy sheets?

Haha my friends didn't go through all that effort to smoke a bowl. Some just did it in the shower without giving a fuck. at least the stench doesn't stain your clothes like tobacco smoke

andycapps

Smoking a blunt in a dorm room is just disrespectful. I mean, sure, not every college kid can afford a vaporizer. But how much does it cost to smoke out of a one-hitter, shove a towel into that crack under the door, open a window, and blow through one of those paper towel tubes stuffed with Downy sheets?

These are student athletes though.. most students wouldn't have anything happen to them unless they got caught with the stuff. And yeah, dumb either way. Kid knows what the policies are and they have numerous classes that they go through talking about what they can and can't do, and what will happen if they do.

At least it wasn't a fucking scooter being parked in the wrong place. Give it time.

Since we're officially in the offseason now.. Let's review the fact that there are not uniform suspension policies in the NCAA, much less the SEC. At Clemson, Harvey-Clemons would not be suspended at all until a 3rd offense. At Bama, LSU, tOSU, Michigan, Texas, and Florida, he wouldn't be suspended for this either.

Actually, Sammy Watkins was suspended for the first two games of last year for being busted with weed. And, in case you forgot, the infamous "we done smoked it all" incident with Duane Coleman in 2006 where he was suspended for the bowl game. Trust me, our players get suspended on the first offense.

andycapps

Actually, Sammy Watkins was suspended for the first two games of last year for being busted with weed. And, in case you forgot, the infamous "we done smoked it all" incident with Duane Coleman in 2006 where he was suspended for the bowl game. Trust me, our players get suspended on the first offense.

True, I remember Sammy Watkins getting suspended, but I was going by what that article said. I assumed Sammy had other incidents prior that we hadn't heard about. Lot of people theorizing that Harvey Clemons won't get suspended because no charges, no evidence, as of yet no positive drug test. But news is really slow in Athens right now so not surprising that everyone is running with this.

True, I remember Sammy Watkins getting suspended, but I was going by what that article said. I assumed Sammy had other incidents prior that we hadn't heard about. Lot of people theorizing that Harvey Clemons won't get suspended because no charges, no evidence, as of yet no positive drug test. But news is really slow in Athens right now so not surprising that everyone is running with this.

Looks like he's been suspended. Sorry, Andy!

andycapps

Did Paaaawwwwlllll pack up and leave yet? Who will take calls from angry UGA fans now?

Chuck Oliver. The self-appointed "King of College Football." AKA another asshat with a microphone. Or Buck and Kincade show. They're more tolerable.

Seth Emerson at the Macon Telegraph has a good article up about the impact of JHC suspension. Gist of it is that JHC was an unknown quanity, but he had physical tools to play the Star position that they can't replace, and our defense for that game was gameplanned around him in that role. So Grantham is going to have to plug the nickel position with someone that's more of a true cornerback or safety, instead of JHC and his hybrid linebacker/safety body type.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Did Paaaawwwwlllll pack up and leave yet? Who will take calls from angry UGA fans now?

Don't think he's on the radio till August, and isn't on TV till next year.

PAWWWL is SECESPN Networks (PEENSsc) First Employee, so you can tell the target audience it's going after.

floridajorts-fans1.jpg

RockyTop-Rednecks.jpg

redneck_au_fan.jpg

md-football-babies.jpg

Oops, that last one is the target audience of the B1G football Conference.

andycapps

Don't think he's on the radio till August, and isn't on TV till next year.

PAWWWL is SECESPN Networks (PEENSsc) First Employee, so you can tell the target audience it's going after.

floridajorts-fans1.jpg

RockyTop-Rednecks.jpg

redneck_au_fan.jpg

md-football-babies.jpg

Oops, that last one is the target audience of the B1G football Conference.

You can't forget these guys. Though you covered them, I just like my picture better. It's really the perfect picture.

Iro0QTb.png

Do you think Barchi is gone or not? I just want him gone immediately, I don't give a shit about Herman (although lieing twice is not a good thing at all). But Carino's article on him mirrors my opinion of him perfectly and HE's A GOODAMN SHU FAN.

I'm not going to reply to anything you just wrote.

I will just say that the one silver lining to this Hermann ordeal is that the L'Ville posters who just love to come out of the woodwork to toss slime at Rutgers are nowhere to be found.

Could that be because this situation also implicates Louisville?

Draxal

I'm not going to reply to anything you just wrote.

I will just say that the one silver lining to this Hermann ordeal is that the L'Ville posters who just love to come out of the woodwork to toss slime at Rutgers are nowhere to be found.

Could that be because this situation also implicates Louisville?

I'm pretty sure they don't give a shit and are still happy over Florida and their championship title.

And I don't see this is a blight on Louisville at all, this is a story because of what happened with Rice, and Barchi's incompetence in hiring somebody with out a perfect record after bungling the Eddie Jordan hiring. Only thing she did wrong was lie about the wedding video in the press conference.

I'm pretty sure they don't give a shit and are still happy over Florida and their championship title.

Except a certain Louisville poster couldn't wait to post the Mike Rice story on the main OT forum.

And I don't see this is a blight on Louisville at all, this is a story because of what happened with Rice, and Barchi's incompetence in hiring somebody with out a perfect record after bungling the Eddie Jordan hiring. Only thing she did wrong was lie about the wedding video in the press conference.

It relates to Louisville because any cackle from the peanut gallery can be retorted with, "well you hired her too and let her work there for 15 years."

Hence, the silence.

Draxal

Except a certain Louisville poster couldn't wait to post the Mike Rice story on the main OT forum.

It relates to Louisville because any cackle from the peanut gallery can be retorted with, "well you hired her too and let her work there for 15 years."

Hence, the silence.

Well, it was a story that deserved to be posted in OT, and the ville fans haven't been posting. I haven't seen Mightyhealthy in a long long long time.

cdyhybrid

It's a shame the blossoming Rutgers-Louisville rivalry is being stifled by conference roulette. Truly a tragedy for college football.

Draxal

It's a shame the blossoming Rutgers-Louisville rivalry is being stifled by conference roulette. Truly a tragedy for college football.

Did you know that Cincinnati and Lousiville play for the Keg of Nails and that tradition is now forever ruined?

Has a bearcat fan ever posted here?

Looks like some people are going to put in a Daunte Culpepper themed restaurant near the campus on University Blvd. Some of the people were inspired by the Eddie George place at Ohio State from this past year.

Kind of sucks that I'm looking to move to the opposite side of Orlando this upcoming year. But it is cool we are slowly building up more and getting more UCF-centric places near campus. Won't miss the traffic, though.

Looks like some people are going to put in a Daunte Culpepper themed restaurant near the campus on University Blvd. Some of the people were inspired by the Eddie George place at Ohio State from this past year.

Kind of sucks that I'm looking to move to the opposite side of Orlando this upcoming year. But it is cool we are slowly building up more and getting more UCF-centric places near campus. Won't miss the traffic, though.

Eddie's place is actually pretty good, have diff unique meat burgers, ostrich, gator, tons of others. Tons of beer on tap and all really well priced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom