• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Offseason: FEAR THE TREE (and other non-threatening PC mascots)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Limedust

Matt Lombardo ‏@MattLombardo975
DC will now be Kelly and the #Eagles most important hire. Name I am hearing that's bantied around most inside Novacare is Todd Grantham UGA

2011-September-25-19-28-38.jpg

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I'm wondering why he'd include Harbaugh, though.

Because Jim Harbaugh was a pickup from a college team. And he is just profiting off of Mike Singletary's team. Harbaugh is getting the credit that Singletary earned through his brilliant maneuvering. A flame snuffed to soon.

bluemax

Banned
I imagine Pete Carroll and Jim Harbaugh's "success" is leading more teams to look at the college ranks.

Why is success in quotes? Pete has a division title and two playoff wins in 3 years and Harbaugh has two division titles and two playoff wins in two years. Both teams have top tier defenses and seem to have found their QB for years to come.

I think a lot of people would call that a success.

Because Jim Harbaugh was a pickup from a college team. And he is just profiting off of Mike Singletary's team. Harbaugh is getting the credit that Singletary earned through his brilliant maneuvering. A flame snuffed to soon.

Most of the 49ers roster is Nolan's doing. It will be interesting to see if Harbaugh can build a team when it isn't handed to him on a silver platter. But he is getting more out of them than the past two coaches did.

krzy123

I imagine Pete Carroll and Jim Harbaugh's "success" is leading more teams to look at the college ranks.

Carroll and Harbaugh were "pro" guys before college. Harbaugh mostly as a player, and Carroll as a coach.

Kelly's never been near the pro level. Hopefully he'll be shitty and they keep him around forever ;).

Tamanon

Banned
Personally, I don't consider success due to a coach until it's been more than two years. Seen way too many flash in the pans.

andycapps

RB Ken Malcome is leaving UGA for more playing time elsewhere. He was never going to see the field again after "Gurshall" became a thing this last year, combined with other RB's coming in this class. He left once last year and then came back, I would think this time it's for good. Can't blame him either.

Piggus

Oh well. As long as we beat the shiet out of U Dub and O State then I'll be happy. Though continuing the BCS bowl game streak would be pretty nice since it also equals vacation for me.

Ten years, cdyhybrid! Ten yeeeeeaaaaarrrs!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
RB Ken Malcome is leaving UGA for more playing time elsewhere. He was never going to see the field again after "Gurshall" became a thing this last year, combined with other RB's coming in this class. He left once last year and then came back, I would think this time it's for good. Can't blame him either.

UGAHouse_original.gif

Also, just posting in case of later emergencies.

giga

A "flat-out brawl" broke out in USC's football locker room after the Trojans' 21-7 loss to Georgia Tech in the Hyundai Sun Bowl, multiple sources have told ESPN.

The altercation, earlier reported by the Los Angeles Daily News, began when one of the team's younger players was "bad-mouthing Matt Barkley." The player questioned why the quarterback did not play and challenged USC's collective senior leadership.

Barkley, in speaking with ESPN's "The Herd With Colin Cowherd," said that "tempers flared" but that no punches were thrown.
Good gooood. Let the hate flow through you.

bluemax

Banned
Awww.

Don't worry, Helfrich will hold things together. Maybe.

Seriously, it is kind of sad to see Kelly leaving, if only because his offense was fun as hell to watch and will never work in the NFL. I think he's going to learn that one the hard way.

I don't know why you say it'll never work. Between Seattle, San Francisco and New England the different aspects of his offense are already working in the NFL.

Plus in the NFL he might finally find a QB who can throw the ball.

Good gooood. Let the hate flow through you.

Scott Wolf broke this story. You'll excuse me if I don't believe the embellishment.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
In the midst of Chipocalypse, we've got a team on the board in the Fulmer Cup standings!

If you thought that it'd be someone other than Florida on the board first, congratulations, YOU BLEW IT.

?@Mengus22
RT @Goldkamp247: #Gators freshman OL Jessamen Dunker is currently in Alachua County Jail on charges of grand theft auto.

edsbs ‏@edsbs
RT @RobbieAndreu: Sources tell me Dunker was arrested for stealing a moped on campus. Trying to confirm that with UPD

ASO13JBN000560.jpg

Go Gatas

cdyhybrid

Oh well. As long as we beat the shiet out of U Dub and O State then I'll be happy. Though continuing the BCS bowl game streak would be pretty nice since it also equals vacation for me.

Ten years, cdyhybrid! Ten yeeeeeaaaaarrrs!
You guys can hire Tyrone after Helfrich washes out and becomes Sark's whipping boy.

andycapps

Posted yet about there being a scuffle amount USC players after they lost to GA Tech, and then a "full-out brawl" in the locker room after with "haymakers" being thrown?

Kevtones

Last Thursday Oregon upset Arizona in basketball and Chip was there, sitting in a corner laughing as the crowd chanted his name for about 5 minutes (they showed him on the big-screen).

WHY CHIP WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom