• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Offseason: FEAR THE TREE (and other non-threatening PC mascots)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's some good ostriching going on in those threads.

UHND is the only ND based forum that isn't complete trash. Their response (aside from the handful of idiots) is pretty typical of how most rational people would view this news. If you want to see a real meltdown you should probably check ndnation.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
The real question is who will play Teo in the upcoming made for tv movie?

tumblr_lo9et1q9711qzbyhpo1_500.gif

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
UHND is the only ND based forum that isn't complete trash. Their response (aside from the handful of idiots) is pretty typical of how most rational people would view this news. If you want to see a real meltdown you should probably check ndnation.

Oh, hey. Thanks: http://www.ndnation.com/boards/showpost.php?b=football;pid=6844;d=this

This has to win some sort of prize:
You would rather a 22 year old woman died from Leukemia? by SEE (2013-01-16 16:53:58)
Just unbelievable. I'll wait for this to play out, but it shouldn't take very long to verify. Stanford can answer this question immediately.

Te'o clearly trying to steal Lance Armstrongs spotlight for tomorrow. Oh so you started an underground doping ring? Yeah well I fabricated a girlfriend then killed her of cancer to gain sympathy!

If you didn't hate Norte dame before....

To be fair, I'm not really sure what Notre Dame has to do with this at all. This isn't some grand conspiracy by the university (although those do exist: Notre Dame does not invest in any company that trades in rubber). This is a single guy (and probably his family) doing this.

mre

To be fair, I'm not really sure what Notre Dame has to do with this at all. This isn't some grand conspiracy by the university (although those do exist: Notre Dame does not invest in any company that trades in rubber). This is a single guy (and probably his family) doing this.

Dear, sweet Affeinvasion. Dear, dumb, naive Affeinvasion, how I envy your innocence.

Dear, sweet Affeinvasion. Dear, dumb, naive Affeinvasion, how I envy your innocence.

I know you are in full on troll mode at the moment, but do you really believe that Brian Kelly, the entire football team, and the administration of the university up to the board of trustees knew about this?

ND response (in Twitter snippets):

Brett McMurphy said:
Notre Dame statement: "Notre Dame coaches informed Dec 26 by Manti Te’o & parents Manti had been victim of what appears to be a hoax"

ND: "Lennay Kekua apparently ingratiated herself w/Manti & then conspired w/others to lead him believe she had tragically died of leukemia"

ND: "Proper authorities continue to investigate, this appears to be, at minimum, a sad & very cruel deception to entertain its perpetrators"

This Te'o story it pretty weird. Did he ever directly comment or confirm the story or was it leaked to the media from his PR team.

If he could blame it on a PR team member, rather than he made it up himself, then he may not be too affected.

That said, NFL clubs have not had problems in the past when selecting players that have pretty bad criminal records, why wouldnt they take a liar?

mre

This is what I saw coming:
1. LOLZ NOTRE DAME SUCKS
2. SEC SEC SEC
3. NO SEC NO SEC NO SEC

I had to stop it.

BOOTHISMAN.gif

I know you are in full on troll mode at the moment, but do you really believe that Brian Kelly, the entire football team, and the administration of the university up to the board of trustees knew about this?

YES to the bolded! Prove they didn't!

Lonestar

Full statement:

Notre Dame Statement: Manti Te’o

On Dec. 26, Notre Dame coaches were informed by Manti Te’o and his parents that Manti had been the victim of what appears to be a hoax in which someone using the fictitious name Lennay Kekua apparently ingratiated herself with Manti and then conspired with others to lead him to believe she had tragically died of leukemia. The University immediately initiated an investigation to assist Manti and his family in discovering the motive for and nature of this hoax. While the proper authorities will continue to investigate this troubling matter, this appears to be, at a minimum, a sad and very cruel deception to entertain its perpetrators.

mre

Asked this in the other thread, but what's the over/under on Te'o's Wonderlic score at 8.

So ND is asking us to believe that T'eo was unable to figure out that this girl didn't really exist, and is a victim.

If a real girl from the interwebz showed you her tits and then told you her name was something different, would you initiate a background check on her?

Just trying to add to the intelligent discourse.

Wonder who his daddy is going to lash out at this time.

Is there a target more vulnerable and outdated than a local newspaper? If so, then that one.

Lonestar

Goddammit, someone change the topic title. It's horseshiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

BAw-T5UCEAI5NFK.jpg:large

Aesius

Damn, first Chip Kelly bolts for the Eagles and now we find out Manti Te'o is a total sociopath?

Best offseason day ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom