• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Offseason: FEAR THE TREE (and other non-threatening PC mascots)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This ticket guarantee crap needs to stop. Schools have to pay a bunch of money for their allotments and then get undercut, so people don't buy from them. It's ridiculous. If a bowl can't sell its tickets or get in the black without forcing schools to pay them, then it shouldn't exist.

The problem is they're really expensive and the school allotment seats are in shitty sections. You could go on ticketmaster and stubhub and get better seats for less money. There's really no reason to go through the school.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion

Screen_Shot_2013-06-17_at_3.41.50_PM.png

Well what?

Phil Steele goes heavily by recruiting stars in the past; and FSU recruits amazingly well. And I'm probably preaching to the choir here, but we know that FSU doesn't develop the recruits as well as they should (or win as much as they should with as many draft picks you had this year).

It's very odd. We seem to be incredible at developing talent to get to the NFL, but somehow that doesn't translate into as many wins as you'd think it should. In the past few years, we have had really bad luck with injuries, which I think is part of it. I'm not sure there's anything they can do about that either. We just have this knack for recruiting great players that are just too damn soft.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
EDIT: According to Twitter Sources, Wes Lunt is transferring to Illinois.

Have fun on that awesome team in that uptempo offense in that great conference, buddy.

In his defense, when he originally decided to transfer he probably expected he'd have more than 3 schools to choose from.

KingGondo

Banned
In his defense, when he originally decided to transfer he probably expected he'd have more than 3 schools to choose from.
He apparently told Gundy he wanted to leave OSU to be closer to family. I'm definitely curious what happened behind closed doors between them.

I'm sure he'll do fine at Illinois, and I wish him the best.

Top 10 weakest non-conference schedules according to Bruce Feldman:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...64158/top-10-softest-non-conference-schedules

If you just want the list and not the justifications, here it is.

1. Arizona - Index: 1.33

2. WVU - Index: 1.42

3. (tie) Auburn - Index: 1.50

3. (tie) Baylor - Index: 1.50

3. (tie) Kansas State - Index: 1.50

3. (tie) Minnesota - Index: 1.50

7. Louisville - Index: 1.63

8. Alabama - Index: 1.69

9. (tie) Cincinnati - Index: 1.75

9. (tie) North Carolina State - Index: 1.75

9. (tie) Ohio State - Index: 1.75

RichRod not looking like much of a cowboy anymore...

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Top 10 weakest non-conference schedules according to Bruce Feldman:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...64158/top-10-softest-non-conference-schedules

If you just want the list and not the justifications, here it is.

1. Arizona - Index: 1.33

2. WVU - Index: 1.42

3. (tie) Auburn - Index: 1.50

3. (tie) Baylor - Index: 1.50

3. (tie) Kansas State - Index: 1.50

3. (tie) Minnesota - Index: 1.50

7. Louisville - Index: 1.63

8. Alabama - Index: 1.69

9. (tie) Cincinnati - Index: 1.75

9. (tie) North Carolina State - Index: 1.75

9. (tie) Ohio State - Index: 1.75

RichRod not looking like much of a cowboy anymore...
Virginia Tech is clearly not getting any respect.

KingGondo

Banned
Virginia Tech is clearly not getting any respect.
Nor should they.

ag-my001 said:
Is it bad that I'm honestly shocked the A&M non-con schedule doesn't put them in the top 5, let alone not on the list?
Just looked it up... Holy shit. Besides LSU and Bama that entire schedule is pathetic. It will be embarrassing if Aggy goes anything less than 10-2.

cdyhybrid

SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC!

As first reported by Palmetto Sports and brought to Prep Rally’s attention by The Big Lead, Key, a rising junior defensive end Lithonia (Ga.) High, cited USC’s coaching staff as a key reason why he committed to the Gamecocks rather than in-state power Georgia. Yet, he also said that the school’s ability to create an easy road for its athletes as a key reason why he wanted to head to Columbia.

"The academic part, it's like you have to try to fail," Key told Palmetto Sports.

KingGondo

Banned
Well, they're certainly used to doing embarrassing things. From a series of Barbie dolls based on college cheerleaders -

http://i.imgur.com/xWoaWHn.png[IMG][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/mC051f0.png[IMG]

[URL="http://www.barbiecollector.com/shop/doll/texas-am-university-ken-doll-x9207"]Link[/URL] [URL="http://www.barbiecollector.com/shop/doll/texas-m-university-ken-doll-african-american-x9208"]time[/URL]![/QUOTE]
As always, Aggy gonna Ag.

I actually think there's a chance Manziel has a disappointing and tumultuous season, but even then worst-case scenario is 8-4 against that schedule.

"Kate Hairopolous of the Dallas Morning News reports Texas A&M redshirt sophomore QB Johnny Manziel gave serious consideration to transferring after he was suspended for the 2012 season following an offseason arrest.
Obviously the suspension was later reduced following an appeal, and Manziel went on to claim the starting quarterback job over Jameill Showers. The latter is the one who ended up transferring. Manziel was arrested and charged with a few misdemeanors related to an incident outside of a bar following his redshirt season. The Aggie quarterback has had an eventful offseason."

"Kate Hairopolous of the Dallas Morning News reports Texas A&M redshirt sophomore QB Johnny Manziel gave serious consideration to transferring after he was suspended for the 2012 season following an offseason arrest.
Obviously the suspension was later reduced following an appeal, and Manziel went on to claim the starting quarterback job over Jameill Showers. The latter is the one who ended up transferring. Manziel was arrested and charged with a few misdemeanors related to an incident outside of a bar following his redshirt season. The Aggie quarterback has had an eventful offseason."

Shower's new team plays aggy this season. If he starts then at least theres some intrigue in that game.

Hey Monoeski:

Did you hear the new details about the new video board at the Jones?

LED panels are now all up and installed.

Speaker arrays going in now. 250,000 Watts of power for the sound system.

Best part: built into the top deck of the gigantic structure will be two electronically controlled and choreographed integrated pyrotechnic decks, on either side of the Texas Tech sign at the top. So the fireworks display after TDs should be better than ever. Can't wait for the first night game. #ATMO

Is it just me or is there a massive Chinese defense force on GAF that always likes to defend cruelty by people from China by pointing out how the U.S. is just as bad? Even when the U.S. has nothing at all to do with a story in question. I mean I would make a comment in the threads on these articles to that effect, but I'm not willing to risk getting banned.

It's starting to get to the levels where I might just follow bluemax and ChiTown out of here.

On a related note - I used to be anti-mega thread, but now I'm pro-mega thread. Why? I feel like I can make more honest comments in a mega thread than I can in the OT threads on subjects.

Is it just me or is there a massive Chinese defense force on GAF that always likes to defend cruelty by people from China by pointing out how the U.S. is just as bad? Even when the U.S. has nothing at all to do with a story in question. I mean I would make a comment in the threads on these articles to that effect, but I'm not willing to risk getting banned.

It's starting to get to the levels where I might just follow bluemax and ChiTown out of here.

On a related note - I used to be anti-mega thread, but now I'm pro-mega thread. Why? I feel like I can make more honest comments in a mega thread than I can in the OT threads on subjects.

Eh, I basically use Gaf to look at gaming news and look at the OT for funny/weird stories. I enjoy this college football board the best since I like bullshitting with all of you; and theres not tons of douches like other CFB boards.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member

No need to leave completely. There's a reason my posting has dropped off significantly/completely in threads other than this one. Too many dumb arguments out there that end up with you saying dumb things you don't actually believe in the first place and don't know why you said them.

Lord help me if I ever go into politics and somebody tracks this account back to me.

Hey Monoeski:

Did you hear the new details about the new video board at the Jones?

LED panels are now all up and installed.

Speaker arrays going in now. 250,000 Watts of power for the sound system.

Best part: built into the top deck of the gigantic structure will be two electronically controlled and choreographed integrated pyrotechnic decks, on either side of the Texas Tech sign at the top. So the fireworks display after TDs should be better than ever. Can't wait for the first night game. #ATMO
I'd seen some threads about it but hadn't opened any of them. Sounds great.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Ga. Tech should be higher on that most entertaining list because of the student section crowd shots.

Is it just me or is there a massive Chinese defense force on GAF that always likes to defend cruelty by people from China by pointing out how the U.S. is just as bad? Even when the U.S. has nothing at all to do with a story in question.

China comes up a lot since its in the news, but its not just China. Go read the thread about the SS commander hiding out in Minnesota and you can join the Elderly Nazi In Hiding Defense Force and talk about US war crimes.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
guess watching a team slowly strangle the opposition to an early slumber, isn't appealing to other people, mre/limedust/storybook

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
guess watching a team slowly strangle the opposition to an early slumber, isn't appealing to other people, mre/limedust/storybook

I know. We should be #1 if for no other reason than the panstsing we gave Notre Dame.

Guileless

Bama road games are entertaining because crowd is really into it. Home games (A&M excepted) usually lame for a neutral viewer.

I'll miss Derek Dooley. Tenn. games were always entertaining.

Jhriad

Guileless

So what's the deal with the blue chip QB from Norman commiting to Alabama before his senior year? Is his life not going to be complete Hell?

KingGondo

Banned
I find great defense to be highly entertaining. The brute force, running offense is just a bonus. Mildly related:

trentrichardsonbeast.gif
HONK HONK MOTHERFUCKER

TRENT TRUCK COMING THROUGH
So what's the deal with the blue chip QB from Norman commiting to Alabama before his senior year? Is his life not going to be complete Hell?
Nah, pretty sure most OU fans realize Bama is a better destination right now.

OU doesn't have the same recruiting clout they had 5 years ago. They're losing recruits to OSU, Aggy, SEC schools, and even Baylor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom