• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Offseason: FEAR THE TREE (and other non-threatening PC mascots)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a buddy in med school who I bought season tickets off last year and the next 2 years. Sadly he had a mental breakdown attempted suicide and dropped out. So looks like I'm on the stubhub/ scalper train with you
Sounds like he could've used a couple of nice fall Saturday afternoons at a stadium or something to lighten his mood.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
So this Purdue shirt exists:

8dfUh7k.jpg

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Why is the star stretched out that way?

This makes me fear for the new Big 12 logo that's in the works. If it's anything like the rest of the conferences decisions over the last 3-4 years it'll be terrible.

"Gradients. Gradients everywhere!"

So it appears that the Ohio State Athletic Department is finally switching over to the new primary logo.

However, they did some badly-needed refining of it.

Before:

UboUbnZ.jpg

After:

y6VI7wy.jpg

I still think they should have dropped the script entirely, but thank the Lord they at least cleaned it up.

andycapps

So it appears that the Ohio State Athletic Department is finally switching over to the new primary logo.

However, it appears they did some badly-needed refining on it.

Before:

UboUbnZ.jpg

After:

y6VI7wy.jpg

I still think they should have dropped the script entirely, but thank the Lord they at least cleaned it up.

Old was better, but the changes they made were an improvement to the one they initially announced.

Yup, what buck posted below was better.

Old was better, but the changes they made were an improvement to the one they initially announced.

As someone who works in graphic design, I understand why they wanted to change it.

The interior white spaces in the old logo look really, really bad in small applications, especially on clothing. This allowed them to simplify the script, which makes it much easier to work with on a smaller scale.

However, I think dropping the script entirely would have been the better solution. It's recognizable enough that it doesn't really need a script.

andycapps

As someone who works in graphic design, I understand why they wanted to change it.

The interior white spaces in the old logo look really, really bad in small applications, especially on clothing. This allowed them to simplify the script, which makes it much easier to work with on a smaller scale.

However, I think dropping the script entirely would have been the better solution. It's recognizable enough that it doesn't really need a script.

Doesn't a lot of their merchandise only have the block O anyway? I see a lot of hats around here, and I don't remember seeing script before or after this.I can understand why they took it out, but it was like UGA's logo redesign. It was all for merchandise and because it's an easier look across multiple forms of media. I get it, but I don't like it as much as the old.

Doesn't a lot of their merchandise only have the block O anyway? I see a lot of hats around here, and I don't remember seeing script before or after this.I can understand why they took it out, but it was like UGA's logo redesign. It was all for merchandise and because it's an easier look across multiple forms of media. I get it, but I don't like it as much as the old.

Yeah, the plain Block O is probably used as much - if not more - than the O/script logo.

The OSU Athletic Department is really inconsistent when it comes to branding. I guess one good thing is that it results in a really wide variety of looks and merchandise, but I wish they'd streamline their overall graphic identity.

Top comment on the Texas Tech site on which I saw the video posted:

"I thought the second bridesmaid was gonna stop for some dinner when she saw how lush and green the grass was..."

LMAO

EDIT: Another good one:

"Reception menu:
Twelfth man buttermilk with cornbread in it
Twelfth man Beans with cornbread
Twelfth man cream corn
Twelfth man Paula Deen's nanner puddin cup
Twelfth man baloney sandwich station
Twelfth man mixed nut assortment
Twelfth man Dr Pepper punch"​

LOL

Nice. We're playing Virginia Tech again. Not so nice: the kids who will be freshmen for the first game are like 10 years old right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom