• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Offseason: FEAR THE TREE (and other non-threatening PC mascots)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're going to need a gif of what happens at 13 minutes in.

Here you go.

I left a couple seconds at the end to add some text. We need to have a caption contest.

ibrMBrf5VI1xWr.gif

Fucking happy right about now. Just accepted a position at Florida Polytechnic University. STEM focused school and the 12th state university in Florida.

Additional bonus was it was taken from USF against their will. We won't start classes until fall 2014 - they're starting from scratch completely. Fucking want to scream at work right about now. And I don't even have to feel conflicted to work for another state school since who the hell knows if they'll ever have a sports program!

LosDaddie

Banned
Hope you guys have a fun 4th of July, CFB-fam! :)

Fucking happy right about now. Just accepted a position at Florida Polytechnic University. STEM focused school and the 12th state university in Florida.

Additional bonus was it was taken from USF against their will. We won't start classes until fall 2014 - they're starting from scratch completely. Fucking want to scream at work right about now. And I don't even have to feel conflicted to work for another state school since who the hell knows if they'll ever have a sports program!

Congrats!!

On a side note; My sister is starting UCF in the Fall.

Talon

I was working with an oil company down in Houston a few months ago. One of the clients writes me an email and says, "Hey there, Steve. I did this math, but I went to A&M - so my math ain't very good."

I lol'd.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
An O Lineman for Ole Miss was apparently killed in a car wreck today.

Hmmm, saw the topic was updated, by mre, was hoping for another snarky Go Gata, but was given a potential fatality...going to SEC Rant, to see what's going on.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
An O Lineman for Ole Miss was apparently killed in a car wreck today.

Really sad. He was a walk-on and i didnt know him, but he was from my hometown and was killed on the same route I drove many times to get home.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I could only watch a minute or 2 (of them walking up to the tree/ref-priest) They all have hand towels on...

But I will say, I liked the bridesmaids outfits. Alot of them looked pretty good, shame they are stuck in crazy town and have to marry 12 men.

andycapps

Hey guys, CFL is on ESPN2 right now. I can't believe I've been reduced to watching this. Only 56 more days until real football.

Winnipeg is playing Montreal, eh? Sponsored by Molson. So hard to listen to these announcers talk aboot the running back trying to get oot of boonds. Got aboot 5 yards for a first doon.

Why is the star stretched out that way?

This makes me fear for the new Big 12 logo that's in the works. If it's anything like the rest of the conferences decisions over the last 3-4 years it'll be terrible.

but hey, you all managed to get WVU, look at the benefits there. Horrible facilities sans football, arguably the worst fan base in college football, and if you do happen to make the trip to morgantown, you get the luxury of flying into Pittsburg and then driving an hour

good thing the Big 12 picked them over Louisville

well...at least it worked out best for us

Tamanon

Banned
Disappointed in a fellow Gators fan I ran into at the ballpark. Saw a guy with a Gators sweatshirt on and as we were passing him, I gave the traditional "Go Gators" greeting. His response.....

"Yup"

Pathetic.

KingGondo

Banned
but hey, you all managed to get WVU, look at the benefits there. Horrible facilities sans football, arguably the worst fan base in college football, and if you do happen to make the trip to morgantown, you get the luxury of flying into Pittsburg and then driving an hour

good thing the Big 12 picked them over Louisville

well...at least it worked out best for us
A better route would have been not losing Nebraska and A&M in the first place, and adding Louisville and WVU to replace Mizzou and Colorado.

Meh, whatever. The travel schedule for Louisville will suck in the ACC as well. That's a lot of long road trips. Also, enjoy your last year of a pathetically easy football schedule (not that the ACC is exactly a powerhouse either, to be fair).

andycapps

Disappointed in a fellow Gators fan I ran into at the ballpark. Saw a guy with a Gators sweatshirt on and as we were passing him, I gave the traditional "Go Gators" greeting. His response.....

"Yup"

Pathetic.

The only acceptable response to that is "Go Gata."

andycapps

Just gonna leave this article about whether Ted Roof can revolutionize Georgia Tech's defense in the same way he did Auburn's.. right here. A reality check from Get The Picture:

The reality at Auburn was a little less magical than that – 68th nationally in total defense in 2009 and 76th in scoring defense (good for 11th and 12th, respectively, in the conference) and 60th in total defense/53rd in scoring defense the next season (both were 9th in the SEC).

A better route would have been not losing Nebraska and A&M in the first place, and adding Louisville and WVU to replace Mizzou and Colorado.

Meh, whatever. The travel schedule for Louisville will suck in the ACC as well. That's a lot of long road trips. Also, enjoy your last year of a pathetically easy football schedule (not that the ACC is exactly a powerhouse either, to be fair).

big-121.jpg

vs

acc-map-final.png

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

"Yup"

Pathetic.

And now you will never cure cancer or write the next great American novel. Tragic.

Draxal

I don't understand the WVU/Louisville feud, you got out of the Big East everything should be good, only person that should be salty here is Goldeneye.

I don't understand the WVU/Louisville feud, you got out of the Big East everything should be good, only person that should be salty here is Goldeneye.

Eh, I'm mostly over it. Even though the contract is insulting money-wise, exposure will be really good and rivals other major conferences. Up to us to really prove ourselves as a conference again over the next few years. No room for bitching if we don't lock up that last access slot over say the MWC. The TV contract is setup this time where I think after 3 years it can be renegotiated again. And it is a short one overall at 6 years total.

It still will be a good basketball league too - multibid league every years with probably 3-4 min every year. Which is better than CUSA's 1 bid most years.

Edit: I believe this is the "acceptance" phase.

andycapps

No I had saw you posting somewhere else and questioned why you werent here with the CFBgaf brotherhood.

As long as your not a chickenshit domer youre ok in our books.

I'm still waiting on the Auburn fan I saw on gaming side to join us. Give it a few more weeks. Gotta get his preseason optimism stoked first.

I met ucla coach mora last year at a meet and greet dinner and clinic. I was really impressed with his staff he really has it together. He will continue to work the bruins to great heights He even has some of our boys committed to him. Good system.

cdyhybrid

I met ucla coach mora last year at a meet and greet dinner and clinic. I was really impressed with his staff he really has it together. He will continue to work the bruins to great heights He even has some of our boys committed to him. Good system.

Are you a high school coach?

Also, Mora is good because he's a Husky. No-brainer, really!

cdyhybrid

Yeah I am he is definetely a perfectionist.

Very cool!

Seems like we're battling UCLA for every recruit we go after so I know his staff well :p His DBs coach used to work here as well. Tui went from coaching at UCLA to UW, connections all over the place.

Stolen from ESPN P12 Blog comments (yes, I am that unproductive today): How do we pronounce AAC? "Ack"?

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
The winner of Elite 11 is a 6'1'' guy from Florida who does not have an SEC offer yet. Interesting. Also a shorter guy from Texas who loves Brees and is going to Purdue did well.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Urban Meyer finally speaks up on Hernandez:

"Prayers and thoughts are with the family and friends of the victim," Meyer texted The Columbus Dispatch and also The Gainesville Sun. "Relating or blaming these serious charges to the University of Florida, myself or our staff is wrong and irresponsible."

Meyer dismissed reports that Hernandez failed multiple drug tests and received special treatment at Florida, telling the newspapers those inaccuracies were the catalyst for him coming forward.

"I just received an email from a friend where there is an accusation of multiple failed drug tests by Hernandez covered up by University of Florida or the coaching staff. This is absolutely not true," Meyer texted. "Hernandez was held to the same drug testing policy as every other player."

Wrote Meyer: "He was an athlete at Florida 4-7 yrs ago and there are some comments being made that are not correct. Our staff, myself and our families worked very hard to mentor and guide (Hernandez)."

Beyond rumors of drug use, the Gainesville (Fla.) Police Department this week released a 2007 incident report from a double shooting in which multiple Florida players, including Hernandez, were questioned.

The 2007 shooting occurred when Hernandez was a 17-year-old freshman. Two men were wounded, including one who was shot in the back of the head. The police report, in which Hernandez's name was redacted, indicated that the pair of victims were shot inside a car after leaving a nightclub. An eyewitness said there were two shooters, including a "Hawaiian" or "Hispanic" with a muscular build and "a lot of tattoos."

Meyer on Saturday did not immediately address the shooting.

UPDATE: In a later conversation with The Sun, Meyer talked about the 2007 shooting. Meyer said that an assistant told him the players were questioned as witnesses, and "I didn't think about it again until a couple of days ago."

andycapps

He didn't actually deny that Hernandez failed drug tests, just that he wasn't treated differently than other players. Nobody ever said that Florida had a strict discipline policy for their players (lol) sans Hernandez. He was lax across the board.

He didn't actually deny that Hernandez failed drug tests, just that he wasn't treated differently than other players. Nobody ever said that Florida had a strict discipline policy for their players (lol) sans Hernandez. He was lax across the board.

Yup.

Basically, it's "I did nothing special for Hernandez that I would not have done for any other star player that liked to blow blunts and slurp up bumps, but could help me win games on Saturdays."

bachikarn

no more lax than Saint Richt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom