• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Offseason: FEAR THE TREE (and other non-threatening PC mascots)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tawney Bert, what are your feelings about all-time-great OSU running back #13 Maurice Clarett, running back for Ohio State University?

This is very important.

He's alright. I've always been an Eddie George guy as he was tearing it up when I started watching OSU.

andycapps

1.) He's the guy who owns the restaurants!

2.) It'll always be OSU in my heart.

OSU equals Oklahoma State around here. Maurice Clarett University works, or tOSU does as well.

Really the only people that would have a hard time here are probably Domers (because they're chickenshit) and Auburn Wartiglesmen because they're insane.

OSU equals Oklahoma State around here. Maurice Clarett University works, or tOSU does as well.

Really the only people that would have a hard time here are probably Domers (because they're chickenshit) and Auburn Wartiglesmen because they're insane.

Didn't realize Clarett had so many fans around these parts.

andycapps

I think they like me.

We do, this is how you know we do. The only people I've seen be disliked here are people that come in talking loads of shit about their team or someone else's team.

Limedust said:
Tennessee blog ranks Vanderbilt game as most important in 2013. The comments chime in and agree.

That's not as shocking as their new uniforms.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
We do, this is how you know we do. The only people I've seen be disliked here are people that come in talking loads of shit about their team or someone else's team.
Or just being Notre Dame fans. Because reasons.

On the contrary though, if you came in talking mad shit on Notre Dame we would embrace you with open arms.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I have no knowledge of this person you speak of.

I'm a Duke fan and even I know this. And I also know about a person who may be Maurice Clarett who may or may not have worn #13 and possibly played for a university that could be the Ohio State University

if there was such a person.....not sure.

andycapps

Alabama game was all the way down to #10.

I think the reasoning is that they know they're going to lose most SEC games, but they have to win a game against Western Kentucky. That is hilarious to me, that a game against a directional school is the second most important game to that Tennesse blog.

A win/loss against WKU determines whether or not you s'posed to be SEC. It's a big deal

If we could kick them out we probably would. Though right now they are a good cupcake for the big boys.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Alabama game was all the way down to #10.

rambo%20original.gif

I think the reasoning is that they know they're going to lose most SEC games, but they have to win a game against Western Kentucky. That is hilarious to me, that a game against a directional school is the second most important game to that Tennesse blog.

If we could kick them out we probably would. Though right now they are a good cupcake for the big boys.

You would kick out 10RC? They won the first BCS MNC! dat history

You guys down for conference predictions again? I thought it was something fun on the side to do last year. If so probably start it here in a week or two.

Sure, but I don't even know who won last year. did you tally everything up?

Yeah I assigned point values based up on division/conf champs, forget who won, if I remember right it wasnt a super regular poster. Its in the bowl season thread I believe. I can pull up the excel sheet when i get home and look at it again.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I remember seeing the results posted. As far as the winner goes I just remember it was someone that was not me.

I'd be up for making some more semi-blind, humorous-in-hindsight guesses.

mcgruber

You guys down for conference predictions again? I thought it was something fun on the side to do last year. If so probably start it here in a week or two.

is it only for major conferences? or all of them, like the AAC and Big Sky. There should be a bonus for predicting teams that will implode or fail to meet expectations, like USC last year. My pick: A&M, Texas, LSU, Oregon State, for each conference

is it only for major conferences? or all of them, like the AAC and Big Sky

I'm still getting used to the AAC acronym. This is their first and only year to be a major BCS conference, but I have a feeling we won't give them that honor. Strait to FCS for the AAC

is it only for major conferences? or all of them, like the AAC and Big Sky. There should be a bonus for predicting teams that will implode or fail to meet expectations, like USC last year. My pick: A&M, Texas, LSU, Oregon State, for each conference

Thats a good idea, but it may be difficult to quantify how many points someone would get for predicting an underachiever. Unless bucknut used a preseason betting sites season record projection for each team then you would get +/- however many points depending on how far off the projected record was. For example if USC was projected to win 10 and they only won 6 games, you would get 4 points added if you chose USC.

But that sounds too complicated for what its worth. Then again if bucknut has enough time to do that then by all means. Also add in a darkhorse prediction.

Also, you should make it an open google doc, so we can put in our predictions and you won't have to any work.

This will not lead to shenanigans.

KingGondo

Banned
Natural would be unbearable.
Um... "Would be"?

Plus tons of shit-talk about how the Big 12 should have taken Louisville instead of WVU (we should have taken both), at which point I'll remind him that WVU won their shitty conference the year before they came here.

Also, you should make it an open google doc, so we can put in our predictions and you won't have to any work.

This will not lead to shenanigans.

Would never lead to the same thing that happened last time we had a google doc going. What happened to that google doc anyway, was good for laughs.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
The segment could be entitled "We talk shit about Manti Teo in Football Code, so he won't know what we're saying"

KingGondo

Banned
Sos will not be there.
I agree that it's unlikely.

The next suckiest scenario is tOSU making it (no offense to the bucknuts here). I can think of several teams that would pretty easily go undefeated in the B1G this year.

P.S. These statements are preemptively taken back if my beloved Pokes miraculously end up in the MNCG against either of those teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom