• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Offseason: FEAR THE TREE (and other non-threatening PC mascots)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ag-my001

ND_angle-NAVY_Green-480x480.jpg
I think there are two or three ND fans at work. I could get into so much trouble with the new push for "civility".

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
If this was a "hoax" as Notre Dame is claiming, why in the world did Te'o go along with it for so long?

If this was a "hoax" as Notre Dame is claiming, why in the world did Te'o go along with it for so long?

Because it's embarrassing as shit. I'm actually much more interested in finding out how Teo and family discovered it was a hoax. The reports say they notified the university the day after Christmas. But so far the biggest hole in this story (regardless of who is to "blame") is how they finally found out when nobody else bothered to look this person up.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
We've been up for about a week, and we're like 500 posts behind a topic on Teo that's like 8 hours old.

You waited too long changing the topic title, Cyan.

hiryu2015

You were charged with coming up with a feasible, workable, humourusable, logicatal, and Notre Dameal related topic.

You really Teo'd it this time.

haha, yeah but i didn't visit the thread every day [especially after I locked up the points!].

PLUS, the selected title was clearly a reference to the alternate universe where ND never "beats" Stanford [or one where they correctly call at least one of the 3 Stanford TDs on that last OT drive], and they go to the MNC and oregon Alabama.*

tell you what, i'll submit the best one resulting from the Te'o fallout

* this alternate universe also has a earlier switch to Hogan and we actually score to keep the lead against the huskies. of course they win it all again in 13/14

Kevtones

Oregon needs to interview a minority candidate before hiring Helfrich, Peterson, Dungy, or Gruden.

Dungy lives in Eugene but if he's not open to things - what's Ty Willingham doing these days?

Kevtones

haha, yeah but i didn't visit the thread every day [especially after I locked up the points!].

PLUS, the selected title was clearly a reference to the alternate universe where ND never "beats" Stanford [or one where they correctly call at least one of the 3 Stanford TDs on that last OT drive], and they go to the MNC and oregon Alabama.*

tell you what, i'll submit the best one resulting from the Te'o fallout

* this alternate universe also has a earlier switch to Hogan and we actually score to keep the lead against the huskies. of course they win it all again in 13/14

You know Ertz' TD was total bullshit against UO. I know it was a first down but that was 110% cosmic makeup call.

cdyhybrid

Casey Martin dawg! Maybe he can be assistant caddie supervisor?

No no no. He won't be coaching golf. He'll be coaching football. The golfing will be saved for the time periods he's supposed to be on the road recruiting.

Edit: Apparently Urbz was spotted sitting next to Uncle Phil at the Fiesta Bowl. Urban leaving Ohio State confirmed!

hiryu2015

You know Ertz' TD was total bullshit against UO. I know it was a first down but that was 110% cosmic makeup call.

I saw it on live TV and it was a TD.

Ertz leaving is bad, Toilolo leaving was just "eh". I haven't mentioned Taylor yet. Kelly gone makes it a little more tolerable.

going to back to te'o and ND. the suspicious booth review that decided the STAN-ND game was probably part of the wider conspiracy to put ND back on top.

Kevtones

No no no. He won't be coaching golf. He'll be coaching football. The golfing will be saved for the time periods he's supposed to be on the road recruiting.

Edit: Apparently Urbz was spotted sitting next to Uncle Phil at the Fiesta Bowl. Urban leaving Ohio State confirmed!

Urban and Eugene's pot-level would be super harmonious

cdyhybrid

Urban and Eugene's pot-level would be super harmonious

He should go to Colorado instead, it's actually legal there!

Pac-12 Washington showing Marques Tuiasosopo's 300/200 game against Stanford in 99!

Oh Keith Jackson. Shame he couldn't do games forever.

Edit:

"Nick Saban has already come to the school to see me for a little while and he will be coming to my house for the in-home visit."

"I prayed about my decision for a long time last night," Foster said. "It is a little overwhelming. Auburn and Georgia had coaches here on Monday for a while after I got back from Washington, Alabama is here today, and LSU will be here on Thursday.
"This process is a lot harder than what people think. A lot of people are in my ear and it is tough. I think about it a lot, I get stressed about it, and I am constantly thinking about the different schools, and what I need to do."

jakncoke

Banned
We've been up for about a week, and we're like 500 posts behind a topic on Teo that's like 8 hours old.

You waited too long changing the topic title, Cyan.

Isnt the record for a offseason thread like 4k posts. college threads regular season or not just dont got dat posting powah

edit; lol actually last season reached 11k

andycapps

Isnt the record for a offseason thread like 4k posts. college threads regular season or not just dont got dat posting powah

edit; lol actually last season reached 11k

Give it time.. A couple big NCAA smackdowns would make it a lot more exciting. Or Saban leaving for the Browns.

Lonestar

if I had alot more time, I'd like to see if I can spot an empty seat during the BCS NCG, so a Teo's GF is in the Stadium meme picture can be born.

Lonestar

BREAKING NEWS: The ACC admits making up the Big East to make it look good by comparison.

andycapps

Reuben Foster has supposedly ruled out Washington and has made up his mind to Bama or UGA. The school he's going to is supposedly 3 hours away from Auburn, according to him. Tuscaloosa is 2 hrs 40 min, and Athens is 3 hrs 4 min. OH GOD I CAN'T TAKE THIS!

Also, Kamara is giving UGA his last official visit.

KingGondo

Banned
Reuben Foster has supposedly ruled out Washington and has made up his mind to Bama or UGA. The school he's going to is supposedly 3 hours away from Auburn, according to him. Tuscaloosa is 2 hrs 40 min, and Athens is 3 hrs 4 min. OH GOD I CAN'T TAKE THIS!

Also, Kamara is giving UGA his last official visit.
In other recruiting news, Laquon Treadwell is making his decision between OSU and Ole Miss at 5 today.

I'd say he's probably leaning toward Ole Miss, but I know his official visit to Stillwater evened the odds quite a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom