• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Offseason: FEAR THE TREE (and other non-threatening PC mascots)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karakand

Chip Kelly pulls a Pete Carroll (true men of character) and Manti Te'o's dead girlfriend turns out to be as legit as USC's preseason #1 ranking. Today is a good day.

Chip Kelly pulls a Pete Carroll (true men of character) and Manti Te'o's dead girlfriend turns out to be as legit as USC's preseason #1 ranking. Today is a good day.

I'm just glad Manti decided to turn back on his USC commitment at the last minute and go to our biggest rival with this bullshit.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
I'm just glad Manti decided to turn back on his USC commitment at the last minute and go to our biggest rival with this bullshit.
Wow, so USC recruited one of history's largest fraudsters? Thought you guys learned your lesson.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
It's everyone's fault for letting that guy win. :/

To be fair, the rules only say that he gets to name the off-season thread, but say nothing as to how long the thread has to bear that name. Loophole; drive your truck through it.

cdyhybrid

I know you are in full on troll mode at the moment, but do you really believe that Brian Kelly, the entire football team, and the administration of the university up to the board of trustees knew about this?
They knew weeks before the MNC game and still let it go on. They wanted the publicity.

KingGondo

Banned
Irish Envy Poster said:
If Te'o was in on this, he goes from Notre Dame Man to Notre Dame Embarrassment and a genuine POS.

However, following Occam's Razor....it's probably more likely that a true mensch was the victim of an incorrigible hoax.
Man, I need to stop going to ND message boards. I've been laughing too hard this afternoon.

Some lady on Twitter said:
Guys, here's the "tell" of lady existence: if we say "yes, please attend my burial" or "nah, two interceptions and some roses'll be fine"
Ha.

holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit

:jnc :jnc :jnc :jnc :jnc :jnc :jnc :jnc :jnc :jnc :jnc :jnc :jnc :jnc :jnc :jnc :jnc :jnc :jnc :jnc :jnc :jnc :jnc :jnc :jnc :jnc :jnc :jnc :jnc :jnc :jnc :jnc :jnc :jnc :jnc :jnc :jnc :jnc :jnc :jnc

What the fucking fuck.

We've got to rename this thread. Something to do with dead imaginary girlfriends.

I blame Standford fans for not coming out right away and saying. "Who?" If anything this proves that there aren't any real football fans there. If Manti was internet dating a girl from the SEC you know that we'd know she was fake the day it happened.

College Football Offseason: Notre Dame lowers scissor lift, prays for Te'o thing to blow over
College Football Offseason: Notre Dame wins the Mythical Necrotic Chick award

help me out here guys

I blame Standford fans for not coming out right away and saying. "Who?" If anything this proves that there aren't any real football fans there. If Manti was internet dating a girl from the SEC you know that we'd know she was fake the day it happened.

Aren't SEC schools still on dialup?

ag-my001

I laughed at the scissor lift line in the other topic, felt bad, then just quietly chuckled. Props to mre for the troll fun.

College Football Offseason: Notre Dame lowers scissor lift, prays for Te'o thing to blow over
College Football Offseason: Notre Dame wins the Mythical Necrotic Chick award

help me out here guys

College Football Offseason: Rumors of Notre Dame Being Back Have Been Greatly Exaggerated, Like Te'o's Girlfriend.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
BAxAo0rCEAAi3He.jpg:large

Draconian

Wooooooooooooow.

It's only been a week and a half and this offseason's been crazy. There has to be a title change surely.

But seriously, why Manti, why?

cashman

Banned
LOL at this modern seinfeld

Modern Seinfeld ‏@SeinfeldToday
Elaine finds herself at the center of a controversy when a college football star uses her photo as a picture of his fake dead girlfriend.

EDSBS should totally find a way to spin this into Fulmer Cup points for ND.
Spencer has commented on this
edsbs ‏@edsbs
No, there's no Fulmer Cup points for this. We only cover honest crime.

edit: derp, I should have checked the time stamp and refreshed.

Read this on twitter.

"Manti Te'o wasn't missing tackles in the National Championship, he was hugging his girlfriend."

I wonder if LSUfreek will get a hold of that scene from mcgruber where he's having sex with his dead girlfriends ghost at the graveyard, but there is no ghost, he's just humping the air. Put Manti's face on Will Forte and BAM, insta classic

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
ok, made it home, what else has come out? Does Manti Teo exist? Is the Earth still round? Is the topic title still about Trees?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom