• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Offseason: FEAR THE TREE (and other non-threatening PC mascots)

Status
Not open for further replies.
20130725_100440-MOTION.gif

Man, the PSU mascot is the stuff of nightmares.

I swear penn st and Iowa look like they haven't bought a new mascot uniform since 1955

KingGondo

Banned
Willie the Wildcat is the worst mascot in all of collegiate athletics.

Discuss.
I was gonna agree (thought you were talking about KSU), but I had never seen the Northwestern Wildcat before.

Then I looked it up, and realized they're BOTH named Willie the Wildcat.

Burn them with fire.

Looks a little like Scarecrow.

And that is the most amateur hour mascot costume I have ever seen.

It really is bad.

First look at a new Kingsbury-era uni item for the Red Raiders:

ibrnd7cMTW2ONN.jpg

The little bit of yellow is weird, but otherwise, I like. The "Cam" model appears to have real carbon fiber. Looks to be a big step up for UA. Last year's prototypes, from UA's new R&D center, that Tech wore were said to be the first shoes they were happy with. Up until receiving those last year, the general feeling was that the players on UA teams (not just the Raiders) loved all the UA gear except for the shoes, which were seen as inferior to Nike and Adidas.

Interesting to see the return of silver here. The Red Raiders haven't used silver or grey since the Spike Dykes (late 80s-90s) coaching days...I always thought silver/grey was a cool complement to the Red/Black. Hope we return to mixing that into the look.

EDIT: Looks like there's a shiny white too:

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
It really is bad.

First look at a new Kingsbury-era uni item for the Red Raiders:

ibrnd7cMTW2ONN.jpg

The little bit of yellow is weird, but otherwise, I like. The "Cam" model appears to have real carbon fiber. Looks to be a big step up for UA. Last year's prototypes, from UA's new R&D center, that Tech wore were said to be the first shoes they were happy with. Up until receiving those last year, the general feeling was that the players on UA teams (not just the Raiders) loved all the UA gear except for the shoes, which were seen as inferior to Nike and Adidas.

Interesting to see the return of silver here. The Red Raiders haven't used silver or grey since the Spike Dykes (late 80s-90s) coaching days...I always thought silver/grey was a cool complement to the Red/Black. Hope we return to mixing that into the look.

EDIT: Looks like there's a shiny white too:
Huh. Those look a lot like Oklahoma State's shoes.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Well we've established already that the average Aggy is way over the crazy scale.

I don't think it's cool to party with a rival, but I might be old fashioned.

That doesn't bother me. They're kids with friends before they're football players. If some of those schools happen to go to another school who cares?

andycapps

That doesn't bother me. They're kids with friends before they're football players. If some of those schools happen to go to another school who cares?
I'm not saying any school in the conference, just one or two rivals.

Still it was funny seeing JFF get kicked out of a party at a frat at the school he wishes had picked him.

Still doesn't bother me.*

*And, yes, that includes Tennessee.

I gotta side with mre on this one. I grew up in a town where a heavy majority of kids chose to attend A&M over UT and my highschool friends were no exception. So for a while, especially during my first year before I made more new friends at UT, I would visit my friends and party in college station more often then I would in Austin. However, my junior and senior years I went to college station maybe only twice to visit my old friends. Yay for making new friends!

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Does anybody know what it's like to attend Baylor? I've heard Waco is lame. One guy from my hometown went there on a band scholarship but I never saw him again. Are there a bunch of girls there like John Lithgow's daughter in Footloose?

Jhriad

Losing to Texas was essentially the worst thing ever.

Sorta agree with this. Not because I hated losing to them more than anyone else really but because we always managed to lose at the last second. I still remember that game in 2002. We're easily running on Texas in a drive that determines whether we win or go to OT. Then we throw into double coverage practically in the end zone. Why?! See that coverage? If the receiver isn't open just run it yourself. It's not like you didn't put up over 250 rushing yards on them yourself. Nah, just lob that sucker into the Texas defender. Bleh.

Texas vs. Nebraska: Best Big 12 Match-up Ever

I've always enjoyed posts from Gondo (see below for why lol), Cyan, and Mre. Plus the Nebraska faithful (Jhriad, jstevenson, etc).

Nice to see a new Husker on the board. Also it must be time to go back into my hidey-hole if I've been noticed.

As a lifelong Nebraska fan I would like them to at least make a championship game competitive at least once in the rest of my natural life

I know you guys can do it.

Another Husker! On topic, I'm sure you're old enough to remember us being competitive in all those Big 12 Championship games we lost recently.

This year we're going to win it. Go Big Red!

You can't be a Husker you're too optimistic. Seriously though I'm weirded out by all these fellow fans. Probably the most Husker fans I've seen in one of the threads since jstevenson posted more frequently.

Nebraska will win every game 70-10.

Then they'll play Northwestern and lose 250-3.

That's more like it.

Does anybody know what it's like to attend Baylor? I've heard Waco is lame. One guy from my hometown went there on a band scholarship but I never saw him again. Are there a bunch of girls there like John Lithgow's daughter in Footloose?

It's a tiny cesspool of uppity, aggressively religious white people. Also the last I heard it had one of the highest STD infection rates at any U.S. school.

KingGondo

Banned
Their parking garages have steeples.

null_zpsc900eb32.jpg

mcgruber

Dorm policy is like nd I think. All single sex and nobody of opposite sex allowed past 8 pm I think. Not sure if chapel is mandatory

cashman

Banned

Waco sucks ass. There's pretty much nothing interesting to do there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom