• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Offseason: FEAR THE TREE (and other non-threatening PC mascots)

Status
Not open for further replies.
so former Auburn running back/5 star recruit/bcs championship mvp/bo jackson record breaker Michael Dyer is going to announce he is coming to Louisville, he will be eligible for this season and have 2 seasons of eligibility left

now to the bad news, this kid has a trouble past being kicked off the auburn team for pot use, then getting kicked off arkansas state for being stopped by police with pot and a licensed gun, to be fair he did have a conceal carry permit. However if there is one coach that has proven he can take problem players like this and develop them into men it's charlie stromg

cdyhybrid

so former Auburn running back/5 star recruit/bcs championship mvp/bo jackson record breaker Michael Dyer is going to announce he is coming to Louisville, he will be eligible for this season and have 2 seasons of eligibility left

now to the bad news, this kid has a trouble past being kicked off the auburn team for pot use, then getting kicked off arkansas state for being stopped by police with pot and a licensed gun, to be fair he did have a conceal carry permit. However if there is one coach that has proven he can take problem players like this and develop them into men it's charlie stromg

Mo Clarett 2.0

Piggus

Fun fact: "Oregon State University" doesn't actually exist. It's just Oregon's second team dressed in different unis.

Nobody has ever actually been to "Corvallis" or seem them play live, which is also evidenced by the fact that there are no real Beavers fans in CFB-GAF, just alt accounts set up by me to keep the morale of Pac-12 fans up.

It was a fun hoax while it lasted.

But I lived in Corvallis. :( Maybe it was all just a dream...

cashman

Banned
lol Manziel took a shot at paaaawwwl

BQSLG9WCYAAajIZ.png:large

If even auburn kicked him off the team, then I wouldn't be celebrating this at all. Sanctions waiting to happen.

andycapps

If Auburn kicked him off their team, you don't want him. He's nothing but trouble.

KingGondo

Banned
Yes, I was going to post this. We finally have our "Player holding wad of money" picture!

Though, his facial expression is pretty poor. It's like he's never held a wad of money in his hands before.

Or has a gun trained on him.
No, that's the expression you make to prove that holding tons of hundies ain't no thang.

On an interesting note, one of my new coworkers was a punter at Arky during the Petrino years.

Shocking news: Bobby Petrino is a dick, and Ryan Mallett is a tool.

andycapps

Yes, I was going to post this. We finally have our "Player holding wad of money" picture!

Though, his facial expression is pretty poor. It's like he's never held a wad of money in his hands before.

Or has a gun trained on him.

I really don't get these pictures that these guys post. To give them the benefit of the doubt, he borrowed money from someone so he could take this picture and look like he's "ballin." Or he could have had big bills out front and then 1's in the middle because he's a broke ass college kid. Or he sold his textbooks (that he was given for free) and the money is from that. Or he was given it by a booster. None of them have time to work an actual job.

Given the above options, I don't see why any of them think it's a good idea to post it. Now Manziel I get it, he probably comes from a rich family and has tons of money anyway.

Well, yeah. We recruited him.

Also, lol @
Carvell is such a tool.

Yeah, Carvell is a piece of shit. Everyone hates him.

The issue with Pryor has never been athleticism. Fundamentals and mechanics when it came to throwing were another story. In the offseason, Pryor sought out Tom House, a former major league pitcher and throwing guru whose clients include New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady.

Pryor worked diligently on his footwork and lower-body positioning to the point where he said his arm never gets sore despite a nonstop offseason of throwing passes.

"I never really knew how to throw a football before," Pryor said. "It's coming along. I'm getting way better. I probably missed four or five throws out of 80, 85 throws today. I might ice my arm as a precaution tonight, but it feels great."

http://www.insidebayarea.com/raider...oakland-raiders-terrelle-pryor-shows-improved

You dont say.....

KingGondo

Banned
Random, but fits in here. Got bored this weekend and went over to Jack Trice (ISU's stadium) and took some photos. The day felt like perfect football weather. Not long now..
I saw that ISU hype video you posted the other day...

You're welcome for providing the field rush that will end every ISU pregame video from here to eternity.

Sharp's FG was good :(

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I saw that ISU hype video you posted the other day...

You're welcome for providing the field rush that will end every ISU pregame video from here to eternity.

Sharp's FG was good :(

:p

People laugh at how "small" Jack Trice looks compared to "big" college football stadiums, but we sure have some great memories there.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Oh, here's the back of the jumbo video board we put it a year ago, last year was the first year it was used I think.

They actually had a movie night on the thing this summer. You can see it perfectly from the tailgate lots even.

lush

Can't believe there's only a month to go until god's sport returns. This sports drought has been especially bad.

Can't believe there's only a month to go until god's sport returns. This sports drought has been especially bad.

In years where we have the World Cup or Summer Olympics its not that bad, but years that lack either of those are especially trying. I don't care what Puig is doing on the Dodgers, just give me football. I'm actually excited for the Hall of Fame Game this Sunday because even pre-season football is more exciting than the MLB. ( Sorry cashman )

KingGondo

Banned
In years where we have the World Cup or Summer Olympics its not that bad, but years that lack either of those are especially trying. I don't care what Puig is doing on the Dodgers, just give me football. I'm actually excited for the Hall of Fame Game this Sunday because even pre-season football is more exciting than the MLB. ( Sorry cashman )
Baseball is for old people and little kids. And Latin Americans.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Football time will make the wait for the fall video games and the new systems go alot faster.

Downside is: every else also moves faster, and boom, another year older.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Rumors are now saying that Tennessee is in the mix on the Michael Dyer Rehabilitation Sweepstakes.

lush

Exactly. Confederations Cup/Gold Cup and Wimbledon were it for me this summer after the NBA Playoffs ended. It's awful.

Dyer would be an awesome pickup for this season with this o-line. Would certainly increase the chances of 7-5. Chills just thinking about it.

andycapps

Exactly. Confederations Cup/Gold Cup and Wimbledon were it for me this summer after the NBA Playoffs ended. It's awful.

Dyer would be an awesome pickup for this season with this o-line. Would certainly increase the chances of 7-5. Chills just thinking about it.

I know Tennessee has fallen off but that's pretty damn sad.

KingGondo

Banned
I guess I'm old.
I understand following baseball if there's a team near you, but beyond that it doesn't have nearly the neutral fan interest that football (or even marquee NBA games) can generate.

A huge part of the country doesn't care until the World Series, and sometimes not even then if it isn't an appealing matchup.

andycapps

I understand following baseball if there's a team near you, but beyond that it doesn't have nearly the neutral fan interest that football (or even marquee NBA games) can generate.

A huge part of the country doesn't care until the World Series, and sometimes not even then if it isn't an appealing matchup.

Oh yeah, I love baseball and I can't stand watching other teams. I need a vested interest in one of the teams playing to watch a game. I hate NBA since it's becom so neutered to where teams can't play defense.

KingGondo

Banned
Oh yeah, I love baseball and I can't stand watching other teams. I need a vested interest in one of the teams playing to watch a game. I hate NBA since it's becom so neutered to where teams can't play defense.
Indiana and Memphis play great defense. So do OKC, SA, and Miami at times.

You're not gonna see slugfests like you did in the Eastern Conference in the 80s and 90s with the Pistons, Pacers, and Knicks, but that's for the best. The new rules make the game much more fun to watch. I can't stand watching college ball, even though we're back to being good all of a sudden (thank you Based Smart).

andycapps

Indiana and Memphis play great defense. So do OKC, SA, and Miami at times.

You're not gonna see slugfests like you did in the Eastern Conference in the 80s and 90s with the Pistons, Pacers, and Knicks, but that's for the best. The new rules make the game much more fun to watch. I can't stand watching college ball, even though we're back to being good all of a sudden (thank you Based Smart).

I mean that the refs won't let anything slide these days and it's become all about falling down and trying to draw fouls.. Standing in the lane and trying to draw a charge instead of trying to block the shit out of that guy.

It's more exciting offensively, it's just annoying not seeing people be allowed to play defense. Not debating that some teams are better at playing defense within the rules, but the game done changed, son.

KingGondo

Banned
I mean that the refs won't let anything slide these days and it's become all about falling down and trying to draw fouls.. Standing in the lane and trying to draw a charge instead of trying to block the shit out of that guy.

It's more exciting offensively, it's just annoying not seeing people be allowed to play defense. Not debating that some teams are better at playing defense within the rules, but the game done changed, son.
The flopping rules seem to have helped somewhat, although I'd prefer for them to result in suspension rather than a fine. You're right that there's too much emphasis on the FT line, but it really helps my team so I'm OK with it :lol. I do hate the charge rules as well, but that's way, way worse in college. Scrubs who can't play make their living off of getting in the way of skilled offensive guys.

As for the current state of the NBA, I can't imagine anyone watching games 6 and 7 of the Finals last year and not being blown away by the skill, effort, and emotion displayed. It was absolutely awesome.

lush

Too far the other way.

This is the same fanbase that partakes in Grudenmania seemingly every 3 years. The Volnation forums are treating Butch Jones like the second coming as they normally do. Same shit every year, all the hype in the world leading up to the season, we beat one or two non-conference opponents and this is it. Ridiculous hype for Florida and then the normal spiral downward.

I've actually been really impressed with what Butch and co. have done since they've been here. Outside of a disappointing signing day, he's done everything about as well as it could be done. Interested to see if he can coach.

I don't have very high expectations for this team. I'd say making a bowl game should be our number one goal for this season. Anything beyond that would be gravy.

KingGondo

Banned
Aaaaand that's why he included "double-digit wins," since seriously, who gives a shit.
And their only impressive win last year was Bama anyways.

I do wish their schedule lined up worse this year, because it'll be hard for them to avoid going 10-2. A couple lucky breaks and we could have a MNCG involving Aggy. *shudders*

Talon

And their only impressive win last year was Bama anyways.

I do wish their schedule lined up worse this year, because it'll be hard for them to avoid going 10-2. A couple lucky breaks and we could have a MNCG involving Aggy. *shudders*
Alabama is going to curb stomp them so badly, it won't even be funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom