• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Offseason: FEAR THE TREE (and other non-threatening PC mascots)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
so how long till the NCAA wipes out Ole Miss? Cause there are some that think they're about to close with 4 or 5 Five Star players (Nkemdiche, Tony Conner, Elijah Daniel, and Laquon Treadwell) while also fighting on Tunsil (but 247 seems to think he'll go to UGA.

KingGondo

Banned
so how long till the NCAA wipes out Ole Miss? Cause there are some that think they're about to close with 4 or 5 Five Star players (Nkemdiche, Tony Conner, Elijah Daniel, and Laquon Treadwell) while also fighting on Tunsil (but 247 seems to think he'll go to UGA.
It's the same way with Baylor in basketball and other sports. Zero history of winning, then all of a sudden they're pulling in top 10 guys every year. Fishy.

In my honest opinion, I can't think of a single reason a stud WR would pick Ole Miss over Oklahoma State... but that's just me. We have the facilities, a passing-heavy offense, more recent success, a stable coaching staff, a chance of competing for conference titles every season, and a great history of producing WR talent (the Woods brothers, Dez, Blackmon, Stewart, etc.).

But then again, HOTTY TODDY!!!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
try to figure out DGB going to Mizzou last year.

Though, once upon a time, an Alabama team coming off a 7-6 season and no history of passing, beat out Oklahoma and FSU for Julio Jones.

But the Alabama name + the Nick Saban name, seems alot more explainable than the Black Bears and a guy named Freeze.

KingGondo

Banned
At the end of the day, it's the decision of an 18 year-old...

Although this would be the third time under Gundy we've been in the final 2 for one of the top WRs in the country and missed out (Rueben Randle and Darius White).

In summary: if we don't get Treadwell, fire Mike Gundy.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Things getting crazy in Tech land now that the silent period with recruits is over, as expected with the staff being all new and the previous coaching staff leaving us with so few commits. New names coming out of the woodwork every day, it's getting hard to keep up. Not as many names already committed to smaller schools like SMU and Houston as I expected, though, I figured we'd see a lot of those guys getting interest.
It's the same way with Baylor in basketball and other sports. Zero history of winning, then all of a sudden they're pulling in top 10 guys every year. Fishy.

In my honest opinion, I can't think of a single reason a stud WR would pick Ole Miss over Oklahoma State... but that's just me. We have the facilities, a passing-heavy offense, more recent success, a stable coaching staff, a chance of competing for conference titles every season, and a great history of producing WR talent (the Woods brothers, Dez, Blackmon, Stewart, etc.).

But then again, HOTTY TODDY!!!

SECSECSECSECSECSECSECSECSECSEC

At the end of the day, it's the decision of an 18 year-old...

Although this would be the third time under Gundy we've been in the final 2 for one of the top WRs in the country and missed out (Rueben Randle and Darius White).

In summary: if we don't get Treadwell, fire Mike Gundy.

You guys should go ahead and fire him anyway, just in case.

giga

QRCtq.jpg

Lol

Whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiite people.

Seriously, I can't find a single minority in this picture. It's Where's Waldo, and I'm coming up bust.

One right behind the big guy in the left middle of the picture. The pom-pom covers her face a bit.

What do I win?

KingGondo

Banned
SECSECSECSECSECSECSECSECSECSEC
Really though, I'd think if you want to play WR playing in the Big 12 would be far more attractive than playing in the SEC... Especially at a doormat school in the SEC West.

Just sayin'.

Monroeski said:
You guys should go ahead and fire him anyway, just in case.
You'd like that, wouldn't you?

KingGondo

Banned
I wish I could talk recruiting with you guys, but our biggest recruit was Jadamon Brown, a 5-star WR out of the Bay Area... and he just died of leukemia.

I sent flowers.
We also just lost a fantastic women's basketball recruit... Juwanna Mann was gonna put Cowgirl Basketball on the map.

RIP.

andycapps

I was thinking that too.. Nkemdiche makes sense, to some extent, because his brother is there, and because he was born in Nigeria, he has no special ties to UGA. But getting the top rated WR to come down from IL to Ole Miss of all places? That's strange.

Yeah, I keep hearing Tunsil is coming to UGA, but I'm always pessimistic and will be until he signs. Same with Kamara.

KingGondo

Banned
:jnc

OSU football's Twitter account just posted this:

@CowboyFB: Two Biletnikoff Award finalists on one team at the same time? It happened at #okstate under Mike Gundy

190ED674-EF9F-486D-8B60-D56A0235257F-10045-0000060385047BED.jpg

Goin' hard for Dat Treadwell.

Kevtones

Willie Lyles Jr. was a 2-star fullback that de-committed from Oregon moments before he died while texting. This was moments after reading of Chip's departure (he was texting Todd Graham to say he's coming to ASU).

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Ole Miss's in w/Treadwell is that his good friend from high school is on the team. If they can get a player to visit campus, chances go up drastically as people who have never been there think Ole Miss is a crumbling plantation like the one in Fletch Lives.

They sell them on hot girls, beauty/safety of campus, party school atmosphere, early playing time, and playing in the SEC. Plus footage of glorious Cotton Bowl victories over Oklahoma St.

I wish I could talk recruiting with you guys, but our biggest recruit was Jadamon Brown, a 5-star WR out of the Bay Area... and he just died of leukemia.

I sent flowers.

Jadamon was the love of my life, his family is helping me get through this difficult time.

KingGondo

Banned
*coughs* Sorry about that.
:'(

That one was our fault.
Ole Miss's in w/Treadwell is that his good friend from high school is on the team. If they can get a player to visit campus, chances go up drastically as people who have never been there think Ole Miss is a crumbling plantation like the one in Fletch Lives.

They sell them on hot girls, beauty/safety of campus, party school atmosphere, early playing time, and playing in the SEC. Plus footage of glorious Cotton Bowl victories over Oklahoma St.
Like, our entire offense was hurt! :(

I'll be back around 5 to gloat/weep about Treadwell.

Guileless

I don't remember anything about the 09 cotton bowl except Ole Miss won and Jevan Snead was destroyed by a block on an INT return. The '03 Cotton Bowl was a great game. It was Elis last game and Les Miles was the coach.

KingGondo

Banned
I don't remember anything about the 09 cotton bowl except Ole Miss won and Jevan Snead was destroyed by a block on an INT return. The '03 Cotton Bowl was a great game. It was Elis last game and Les Miles was the coach.
Yeah, we were utterly inept offensively by the end of the season in 2009.

Dez was suspended, Kendall Hunter was injured, and Zac Robinson was getting injections into his shoulder after getting injured before the OU game. Too bad we didn't play our backup--a guy named Brandon Weeden. Not that it probably would have mattered, our receiving corps was shot to hell.

And yes, I was at the '03 Cotton Bowl. Eli torched our defense, and we made a frantic comeback with Josh Fields and Rashaun Woods.

I'd be up for playing now for the services of Treadwell, what do you say? :)

Guileless

I was at that 03 Cotton Bowl too. It was 75 degrees and the concessionaires on the Ole Miss side ran out of beer in like the 3rd quarter. Other than that, great game.

KingGondo

Banned
I was at that 03 Cotton Bowl too. It was 75 degrees and the concessionaires on the Ole Miss side ran out of beer in like the 3rd quarter. Other than that, great game.
I was in the OSU band, so no drinking for me. :(

But don't worry, I made up for it by drinking A LOT during the '09 game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom