• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Offseason: FEAR THE TREE (and other non-threatening PC mascots)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Alabama's facilities are pretty sweet, and some of it matches some of the equivalent Oregon parts, but really, Oregon went way overboard :lol How much is that building in total? $500 million+???

If the NCAA had teeth anymore, they'd force them to disconnect from Nike :p

Nouveau riche.

cashman

Banned
The problem with the article is that it tries to make you feel sorry for this horrible human being that most of us would never want to hang out with in real life. He sounds like an asshole.

And I can't believe how poorly his parents speak of the A&M coaches and administration. It's unbelievable that they're speaking that badly of them while he's still there. At least say these kinds of things afterwards.

Like I've said before Manziel is a longhorn at heart.

KingGondo

Banned
Imagine how different CFB would be if Mack Brown wasn't dumb and recruited RG3 and Manziel.

UT is single-handedly responsible for making shitty programs like Baylor and Aggy relevant. Baylor was almost in Conference USA and now they're building a fucking palace of a stadium.

cashman

Banned
Imagine how different CFB would be if Mack Brown wasn't dumb and recruited RG3 and Manziel.

UT is single-handedly responsible for making shitty programs like Baylor and Aggy relevant. Baylor was almost in Conference USA and now they're building a fucking palace of a stadium.

The RG3 thing was a lottery ticket a team like Baylor could afford to take. Nobody recruited him to be a QB

Karakand

The problem with the article is that it tries to make you feel sorry for this horrible human being that most of us would never want to hang out with in real life. He sounds like an asshole.

And I can't believe how poorly his parents speak of the A&M coaches and administration. It's unbelievable that they're speaking that badly of them while he's still there. At least say these kinds of things afterwards.

I felt bad for him in that he's struggling with things very few people can deal with (truthfully I think the article is more about the culture of fame than anything), and his support base consists of an institution using him to slingshot itself from Big 12 backwater to SEC player and parents who appear so maladjusted I have a hard time thinking they are real human beings.

http://www.goducks.com/PhotoAlbum.dbml?PALBID=970348&DB_OEM_ID=500

Everybody in the NCAA who is trying to recruit based on facilities should just stop trying now...

ibhlatEejorefH.jpg

ioz5tPFPWI4sn.jpg

ims4AL4srGYrd.jpg

iqk1ygpsgwsFJ.jpg

Brazilian hardwood on the floor of the weight room. Come on, man.

Enfinit

Oregon's facility looks like it is from the goddamn future.

It just shits all over FSU's. Have you been in them yet? I was able to sneak a peak last weekend.

Football players get their own cafeteria? Is this the norm at other schools?
At FSU there's the a dining hall that's specifically for athletes in the stadium. It's open daily for athletes all day, however it's only open for regular students from 11:00-2:00. The food is much, much different. Crazy amount of healthy options, plenty of meat, carbs, etc. Except on Friday, every Friday is honey fried chicken Fridays.

'merican south.

Draxal

Oregon's weight room makes me envious.

And how many more teams can we fit in the B1G?

2. Sixteen is the sweet spot.

I just have no clue at all what those 2 teams are going to be. I don't think GORs are ironclad, and can be successfully fought off; but the fight will not be worth fighting so that takes all the B12 and ACC teams out.

That leaves Mizzou or Vanderbilt from the SEC (not happening) or some AAC or even better yet; some MACTION teams.

FyreWulff

I just have no clue at all what those 2 teams are going to be. I don't think GORs are ironclad, and can be successfully fought off; but the fight will not be worth fighting so that takes all the B12 and ACC teams out.

That leaves Mizzou or Vanderbilt from the SEC (not happening) or some AAC or even better yet; some MACTION teams.

Add Ohio, just so we can get some Husker head coach vs Husker head coach game at least once

plz

Oh joy..bright things in the future.

Excuse me they were just tats and cash sir.

Sure. It's like the pachinko parlors in Japan, where you have to go next door to make the exchange, right?

I mean, I know there is a weed dealer involved somewhere.

It's really confusing.

If we ever do adopt that strategy, we promise to hire an Ohio St. consultant to smooth out all these subtle details. OK?

I'm not sure the ACC GOR has officially been ratified by everyone. So may not be as big of a roadblock should some of those teams get a call within the next few months to a year or whatever.

mcgruber

That's in the OT, playboy. I try to stay away from that.

EDIT: Oh, I see it was here as well. Yeah. Haven't been around much today.

EDIT 2: Looked at that thread. Saban has parquet floors in his office? What is this, 1982?

Lol at that first page of comments. " should be used to lower tuition for all students". That 68 million wouldn't put a dent in a school like Oregon with a fairly large student body(20k+?)

Lol at that first page of comments. " should be used to lower tuition for all students". That 68 million wouldn't put a dent in a school like Oregon with a fairly large student body(20k+?)

And maybe Daddy Nike doesn't like lower tuition. Maybe he likes FOOTBALL.

That's the bottom line. If these guys wanna donate millions of dollars to academic programs, they can all go right ahead and earn those millions and give them to any school they want. It's pretty much an asshole move to try to tell somebody how they should give away their own damn money, IMO.

mcgruber

And maybe Daddy Nike doesn't like lower tuition. Maybe he likes FOOTBALL.

That's the bottom line. If these guys wanna donate millions of dollars to academic programs, they can all go right ahead and earn those millions and give them to any school they want. It's pretty much an asshole move to try to tell somebody how they should give away their own damn money, IMO.

Idk too much about Phil knights money...but I know he's got a building for the Graduate business program at stanford...so maybe he doesn't believe in academics at oregon

cashman

Banned
Sure as hell makes more sense than recruiting Garrett Gilbert, especially when your entire QB system was built on guys like Vince and Colt.

That's pretty revisionist since Gilbert was the second best QB in the nation behind Barkley and the entire system change was what Muschamp wanted to do with the offense once he took over as coach.

mcgruber

That's pretty revisionist since Gilbert was the second best QB in the nation behind Barkley and the entire system change was what Muschamp wanted to do with the offense once he took over as coach.

Was case highly regarded? I've heard things like he got an offer solely because of his brother lol

Pretty sure no one has still water as still as the water in that photo (aside from Stillwater).

And according to my Texas Tech grad friend, Lubbock is a dusty wind tunnel, so I doubt water in Lubbock would be that calm, if Lubbock had a body of water. The largest body of water in Lubbock is probably the Lazy River in Tech's rec center.

Was case highly regarded? I've heard things like he got an offer solely because of his brother lol

To be fair, his brother was also a 3* recruit out of highschool, so I assume the line of thinking was that Case would eventually rise to the occasion and improve his game like Colt did. Obviously that never happened...

anybody upgrade their home theater in the off season? im about to go from my 7 year old dlp to a 60" led and onkyo surround system

If you'll fund our elusive second deck on the non-tower side to get our capacity over 25,000, I'm all for it

Dat Athens media market

how is Ohio looking to be this year? You all are our opener on 9/1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom