• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Offseason: FEAR THE TREE (and other non-threatening PC mascots)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that Aggy got lots of "Big 12!" chants during their glorious final season in the conference.

We don't have any TCU fans (that post regularly), it falls to me to carry the burden of mocking our mod. It is a duty I take seriously.

Oh please, let's argue. Preseason arguments are always the most productive, I've found.

TCU fan/grad here, will be posting more as the season gets started.. first up, LSU at Jerry World. Yes please! Casey Pachall to come back as a Heisman contender 10-2 Fiesta Bowl (is that us now?)

Draxal

The Texas legislature won't let UT go to the B1G without Baylor.

It's a Tech problem, supposedly things have changed with what Aggie did and how Rick Perry overplayed his hand.

Source was a Maurice Clarett $9.95 site if any of Columbus fans have any more info.

It's a Tech problem, supposedly things have changed with what Aggie did and how Rick Perry overplayed his hand.

Source was a Maurice Clarett $9.95 site if any of Columbus fans have any more info.
Isn't Baylor a private school? I know they have raised a sink in the past when it looked like the Big 12 was about to blow up, but other than having alumni in the legislature, I don't know what legal basis they have in preventing teams from leaving in Texas.

mcgruber

Supposedly the new rumor is Texas and the Big 10 are working on something with Okie or Kansas being 16.

Lol bullshit, big 12 made the second most money last year, slightly behind sec I think. Brining kansas would definitely hurt the payouts with 16 teams. Big ten is a much weaker conference anyway

Is this from the wv guy who hasn't been right about anything and constantly starts rumors?

Also heard kansas and UVA to big 10. Or possibly missouri

Lol bullshit, big 12 made the second most money last year, slightly behind sec I think. Brining kansas would definitely hurt the payouts with 16 teams. Big ten is a much weaker conference anyway

Is this from the wv guy who hasn't been right about anything and constantly starts rumors?

From a brand standpoint the b1g is a bigger conference than the big 12.

Draxal

Idiotic Texas politics aside, it ain't happening as long as the LHN is around.

LHN is pretty much a disaster for ESPN.

Oh, cool. We doing Conference Payout arguments again because WHO THE FUCK CARES?

Offseason Blues.

Dude of Wv is all onboard, but supposedly it's a big booster from Maurice Clarett U scout site who started this one.

Big 12 payout is going to change if they're forced to add new schools if they need a new conference champ game for Div 4.

Talon

But as any good advertiser will tell you, it doesn't matter how shiny the package is if you can't get somebody to buy the product. ESPN.com surveyed more than 700 high school recruits from the classes of 2014 and 2015 -- including 90 who self-identified as a member of the ESPN 300 for the Classes of 2014 or 2015 -- and asked them where uniforms ranked in their college decision. Uniforms were the top factor for only 3 percent of players, and uniforms ranked eighth on the list of criteria behind academics, coaching, playing time, school tradition, location, experience sending players to the NFL and television exposure.

Those numbers aren't really a surprise to many prospects.

"It wasn't a factor at all, but if there is a sick uniform you can sort of visualize yourself in it," Georgia tight end commitment Jeb Blazevich, the nation's No. 94 player from Charlotte (N.C.) Christian School. "You know, 'That'd be awesome.' But then you have to think, are you going to sleep in your uniform? Are you going to practice in your uniform? Or are you going to go to go to class in your uniform?

"It doesn't matter what color or number that you have on. At the end of the day when you're running down the field, all you really care about is how well you do in the game. If you're a recruit and you're thinking about picking a school because it has cool uniforms -- grow up and check your swag at the door. You're making a lifelong decision. Why are you putting it into clothes?"
link

Maryland. Nobody cares about you.

Hm that's weird. I just now noticed my U300 package doesn't come with CBS Sports network. I get LHN, but no CBS sports. Guess I won't be watching USC v. Hawaii on opening night.

Limedust

Hm that's weird. I just now noticed my U300 package doesn't come with CBS Sports network. I get LHN, but no CBS sports. Guess I won't be watching USC v. Hawaii on opening night.

I have my AT&T U-Verse guide handy... CBS Sports Network is only available on U450. Also, only Texas and Oklahoma get the LHN in SD.

I have U300, just like everyone else in CFB GAF.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Funny, this seems to have broken at about the same time as I was watching the "Nothing Stops this Train" moment in Breaking Bad. :lol

I have my AT&T U-Verse guide handy... CBS Sports Network is only available on U450. Also, only Texas and Oklahoma get the LHN in SD.

bummer. Oh well I don't think the Big 12 will have any games on that network, I was just looking forward to watching the late night Thurday game of USC v Hawaii.

NCAA is stupid.
Well if he was actually paid, especially in the reported five figures, this is like one of the main things the NCAA should be looking at.

But then again they ignored UNC's academic scandal for the most part. So it's not like they are consistent or actually care about having any integrity. So I guess I agree with your overall point.

Lonestar

Well if he was actually paid, especially in the reported five figures, this is like one of the main things the NCAA should be looking at.

But then again they ignored UNC's academic scandal for the most part. So it's not like they are consistent or actually care about having any integrity. So I guess I agree with your overall point.

Still, look at what happened to UGA and Ohio State.

AJ Green misses 4 games over selling a jersey for $1000, and SoOU missed out on a NC over tattoos.

AJ Green misses 4 games over selling a jersey for $1000, and SoOU missed out on a NC over tattoos.
I'm convinced they have a dartboard and they get some blindfolded drunk homeless guy to fire away as new investigations occur.

Lonestar

johnny-autograph.gif

Oh shit, video evidence

andycapps

Wasn't the tattoos, it was the lying about the tattoos. If they'd been punished and not had the thing covered up then tOSU would have been playing for the MNC last year.

Lonestar

True, the lying was the more pressing matter. But it was a suspendable matter. Remember the whole deal about letting those players play in the Sugar Bowl and take the suspensions at the beginning of the following season? They were going to miss a game or more, over Rings for Tattoos.

andycapps

True, the lying was the more pressing matter. But it was a suspendable matter. Remember the whole deal about letting those players play in the Sugar Bowl and take the suspensions at the beginning of the following season? They were going to miss a game or more, over Rings for Tattoos.
Right, if tOSU admin were smart they would have made the players take the suspensions then.

This is why we can't have nice things...

Local news in Houston mentioned JFF was supposed to talk with the press tomorrow for the opening of Fall workouts, but it looks like now he won't be available for the press due to the ongoing investigation. If the NCAA takes as long as they usually do with these investigations, I doubt Johnny will be able to keep his silence for that long.

I bet Jameill Showers is kicking himself for transferring to UTEP. He would have started for aggy this year! ( assuming JFF gets at least a one game suspension )

mcgruber

Nobody is that dumb.

An I missing something? What did lochte do?

Did jameil showers transfer because of uncertainty with manziel and the draft? He definitely could be feeling like gunner Kiel if manziel gets booted for the year, but not a few games

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
You know who I bet is super pissed about this Manziel issue? That top-10 tackle that returned for his senior year.

Lonestar

You know who is super pissed about this Manziel issue? That top-10 tackle that returned for his senior year.

Seems like that Tackle hasn't gotten enough exposure, because you can't remember his name.

(this is a reference to the "Anyone playing football gets national exposure" guy in the JFF topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom