• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Offseason: FEAR THE TREE (and other non-threatening PC mascots)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maddness

Now I can feel confident in the knowledge that he is absolutely guilty of the accusations and will suffer no penalty at all for it.

Penn State hired them as well I think. So they're like the Sex Panther of lawyers. 60% of the time, it works every time.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Think they might have been hired by Ohio State or Tressel.

Smells like Pure Gasoline to me.

Jhriad

Now I can feel confident in the knowledge that he is absolutely guilty of the accusations and will suffer no penalty at all for it.

Did you really haven any doubt beforehand? Given the volume of signed memorabilia it was nigh impossible that he was innocent. When one of the autograph authentication companies receives a lot of 1000 pieces from a single broker you know someone got paid. He didn't just sit there out of the goodness of his heart and sign all of that. They won't actually make anything stick to him though so I'm sure all the Aggies I know will ignore this and all his other issues.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
So LSU has a new logo.

bAu1tbX.jpg

xeIOTKC.jpg

Yep.

mre

By the way, did anyone else NOT know that Georgia had an indoor practice facility for its football team?

img0238r.jpg

By the way, did anyone else NOT know that Georgia had an indoor practice facility for its football team?

img0238r.jpg

Is that a retractable wall on the left that leads to the outside? Looks like its a part of a larger field, but only the last 20 yards can be used as an indoor facility. Where did they get the design from, UCLA?

Ohhh, right. I forgot about that.
By the way, did you see Mike Leach's ESPN interview where at the end he gave some more advice on where to take girls on dates? He also voiced his displeasure of EDM music from Europe. If you haven't seen it, I'll pull it up and post it

mre

Is that a retractable wall on the left that leads to the outside? Looks like its a part of a larger field, but only the last 20 yards can be used as an indoor facility. Where did they get the design from, UCLA?

It is my understanding that that is NOT a retractable wall. If it were, that would make the design even dumber, what with the huge white pillar that would be on the "field" at the 40.

It is my understanding that that is NOT a retractable wall. If it were, that would make the design even dumber, what with the huge white pillar that would be on the "field" at the 40.

Yeah that pillar could definitely cause some trouble for the slot receivers now that you mention it.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
By the way, did you see Mike Leach's ESPN interview where at the end he gave some more advice on where to take girls on dates? He also voiced his displeasure of EDM music from Europe. If you haven't seen it, I'll pull it up and post it

I saw it. I think I've seen every video he has been in. When he first got hired I scoured youtube watching everything I could find, including the locker room tirade after barely beating Baylor. I love the guy, his interviews are super entertaining but I sure hope we win some more game this year.

andycapps

It's not retractable. Richt doesn't want an indoor practice facility. He wants the players to be used to the heat, so they practice just outside there unless it starts lightning. The inside space can be used for drills and they do team workouts in there a lot. So for them, they'd only use an indoor facility a couple times a year. We have money to burn, I think they should just do it anyway, but our AD is a penny pincher.

That picture is taken from Richt's office, it overlooks that small indoor space. The weight room is right below there.

That new LSU logo is terribad.

Lonestar

BQ57MfxCIAAsPmr.jpg:large

TerezPaylor Terez A. Paylor 5 Aug
Four/fifths of #Mizzou's first-team OL going with the Chance Warmack look. Britt, Copeland, Boehm and McGovern

Guess Offensive Lineman found their first Fashion Hero...

andycapps

Saw this mentioned on sec rant, never knew people could complain about a logo so much, but I guess I see the complaints for reproduction. Aggy gonna aggy

http://nobevel.com/

That page just keeps going and going. I guess I kind of see their point, but man, that page went full Aggy.

I do agree with them that bevels for logos are out of date and that their bevel is incorrect if you're going that route.

Lonestar

Man, never noticed that bevel. Maybe that's the explanation for why I've started to dislike A&M.

Oh, but I did notice when this happened:
id4hXDCQfNz8.gif

Lonestar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom