• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Offseason: FEAR THE TREE (and other non-threatening PC mascots)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
He's a third string WR, right now i believe. Exum is the only major player so far out.

Considering I don't know anyone on the team, I'm going off of the amount of times I've seen articles about players missing time. Possible it's been multiple articles about the same person, but I also remember a RB being dismissed from the team.

krzy123

Considering I don't know anyone on the team, I'm going off of the amount of times I've seen articles about players missing time. Possible it's been multiple articles about the same person, but I also remember a RB being dismissed from the team.

Its probably been about the same guy, Antone Exum, he tore his ACL after the season, and was ruled out yesterday (for 2 more months). Michael Holmes (the RB) getting dismissed was a surprise and while he started some last year, he got passed up on the depth chart (he was probably 3rd/4th string). He was a decent special teamer though.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Joe Schad, eh?

laughter.gif

ag-my001

Is this a press conference by Sumlin coming up? Sounds that way from the teaser, and I don't think it can be good news for A&M if it's this soon.

andycapps

Is this a press conference by Sumlin coming up? Sounds that way from the teaser, and I don't think it can be good news for A&M if it's this soon.
If it's an unscheduled press conference my guess is JFF is suspended effective immediately or he's kicked off the team.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
I have this weird feeling that the Mannings are super-racist.
Archie and Eli did attend Ole Miss.

Edit: Fuck. Apparently I don't get ESPN. The ONE time I want to use my cable and watch something live since the MNC game, I don't fucking have the channel.

Maddness

Another Joe Schad update:

You forgot the 2 free pizza's from Mellow Mushroom.

Man, Sumlin just bolted out of that conference. He sounded pretty stressed. It's gotta be hard to be around all that cult shit and jars of semen and also have to deal with this bullshit.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
What's the broker getting out of this? Is he under investigation or something? This has to burn a million bridges for him. Who'd ever want to deal with him again at this point? PEACE.

Heaven forbid someone might want to tell the truth. You're what's wrong with America!

What's the broker getting out of this? Is he under investigation or something? This has to burn a million bridges for him. Who'd ever want to deal with him again at this point? PEACE.

It was said that all the brokers who have talked to the media were pissed to find so much JFF-autographed stuff out there, thus lowering the value of their signed pieces. So basically, he took too much money from too many people, and the people paying him thought they had something unique going on.

Guys, I'm sure the public will be sympathetic towards an arrogant asshole kid who comes from a wealthy family and just wanted to sell autographs to get new rims on his Mercedes.

This'll all blow over.

andycapps

It was said that all the brokers who have talked to the media were pissed to find so much JFF-autographed stuff out there, thus lowering the value of their signed pieces. So basically, he took too much money from too many people, and the people paying him thought they had something unique going on.

If that's the case, this is probably not the only autograph dealer that will come forward.

Don't think anyone posted it yesterday, but to nobody's surprise, Gameday will be a the Clemson vs UGA game on 8/31. It'll be a 4 hour edition running from 9am-1pm. I can't wait to see JFF's offseason training program!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
If that's the case, this is probably not the only autograph dealer that will come forward.

That's whats happened, as last I heard, there were 3 brokers that have said similar things. I know one is out of Birmingham. There were locations for the other 2, but I can't remember what they were.

Talon

Don't think anyone posted it yesterday, but to nobody's surprise, Gameday will be a the Clemson vs UGA game on 8/31. It'll be a 4 hour edition running from 9am-1pm. I can't wait to see JFF's offseason training program!
There have been 3 separate brokers over the past 3 days.

andycapps

Didn't know there were 3 separate brokers. I don't see how JFF gets out of that. Even our federal government could connect the dots on that.

KingGondo

Banned
I don't quite like what you're implying there.
Some schools just have to live with the reputation they have. FSU fans love shirtless pics of top prospects, OSU is forever destined to fall in the footsteps of Texas Tech, etc.

I've come to terms with my school's destiny, time for FSU-Age to do the same.

andycapps

Some schools just have to live with the reputation they have. FSU fans love shirtless pics of top prospects, OSU is forever destined to fall in the footsteps of Texas Tech, etc.

I've come to terms with my school's destiny, time for FSU-Age to do the same.

Moving from denial to acceptance is a wonderful thing.

woof woof

Jhriad

Can we just fast forward to the NCAA not finding enough proof to do anything already? I need to start getting used to the extreme levels of smug I'll be experiencing here in College Station.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
I currently have no Aggy coworkers.

This has made life a lot easier in general. My last job was an Aggy owned company. It was awful. Lots of Ed Hardy meets Wrangler gear.

mcgruber

I currently have no Aggy coworkers.

This has made life a lot easier in general. My last job was an Aggy owned company. It was awful. Lots of Ed Hardy meets Wrangler gear.

But you can't witness their mental breakdown over manziel and their chances of winning national championship without him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom