• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Offseason: FEAR THE TREE (and other non-threatening PC mascots)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
They haven't lost a game since that was opened there. Correlation = Causation. I mean, clearly.

Clearly.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football-recruiting/2013/8/6/4594008/college-football-scholarship-offer-letters-virginia-arizona
Photo evidence of various scholarship offer sheets. Looking at fonts and typos, but one stands out above all, glorious and terrible all at once:

jBZtZnXwiBssX.jpg

VT and it's Comic Sans Offer of FUN!

(Clearly there to distract you from the RAPE YOU TURKEY visage on the letter)

KingGondo

Banned
If I was a recruit and received a scholarship offer in Comic Sans, I would accept said offer immediately. I want my college experience to be fun and not take itself too seriously, and nothing screams FUN like Comic Sans.

A&M is the only SEC school without a Waffle House within 25 miles from campus

http://www.goodbullhunting.com/2012/9/11/3315996/the-geographical-the-waffle-houses-of-the-sec

And it's comical to see them beg so adamantly for one. It's as if they won't truly feel like they are a part of the SEC until they have a waffle house. Just like you aren't truly Pac-12 unless you have a near by In-N-Out

espn said:
On the videos, which the broker said were recorded without Manziel's knowledge, ESPN heard Manziel say "you never did a signing with me" and that if the broker were to tell anyone, he would refuse to deal with him again in the future. Manziel, who appeared comfortable throughout the video recordings, also said if asked, he would say he had simply been approached by various autograph seekers.

Manziel is an idiot for thinking his little under the table deal would never surface. He is so boned

AntoneM

A&M is the only SEC school without a Waffle House within 25 miles from campus

http://www.goodbullhunting.com/2012/9/11/3315996/the-geographical-the-waffle-houses-of-the-sec

And it's comical to see them beg so adamantly for one. It's as if they won't truly feel like they are a part of the SEC until they have a waffle house. Just like you aren't truly Pac-12 unless you have a near by In-N-Out

Manziel is an idiot for thinking his little under the table deal would never surface. He is so boned
SMU and TCU to the Pac 12 confrimed.

Chris R

Just realized I have the Thursday and Friday of the first week of games off (and it's Labor Day that following Monday).

COME ON THE END OF AUGUST. GET HERE ALREADY

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Hey guys.

I just wanted to get this post in pre-season so I can't be accused of bandwagoning after Texas rises like a phoen.... ok, I can't even fake it this year.

I just woke up from my post Texas-OU weekend binge from last year. Is Saban our coach yet?

He already agreed in principle to be Notre Dame's coach, because Brian Kelly is small-timey and can't win the big game. So if that deal falls through, I'm sure Texas is a close second to land him.

(This actually sounds like a legit post on one of the stupider boards)

Garryk

I don't know why we are letting ourselves believe that JFF will get in trouble. Uncle Nate has scapegoat written all over him.

"I can't believe Nate would betray me by taking money in my name. He told me that the autographs were for sick kids."

Or it will go something like this.

andycapps

I don't know why we are letting ourselves believe that JFF will get in trouble. Uncle Nate has scapegoat written all over him.

"I can't believe Nate would betray me by taking money in my name. He told me that the autographs were for sick kids."

Or it will go something like this.

If JFF actually said what was said above, then there will be no Uncle Nate excuse. Should be pretty decisive. Then again, we've seen the NCAA drop the ball on other cut and dry cases. Particularly when it involves very high profile athletes that are the face of CFB at the time.

Talon

That loophole is no more, b. That midget JFF is going down, even lower than his already diminutive stature.

Did I mention he was short and thus soulless?

Garryk

Joe Schad to the rescue.

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_...johnny-manziel-took-7500-autographing-helmets

On the videos, which the broker said were recorded without Manziel's knowledge, ESPN heard Manziel say "you never did a signing with me" and that if the broker were to tell anyone, he would refuse to deal with him again in the future. Manziel, who appeared comfortable throughout the video recordings, also said if asked, he would say he had simply been approached by various autograph seekers.

At one point, ESPN heard a broker ask Manziel if he would take additional cash to sign with special inscriptions, but Manziel declined, indicating he had done that before and it led to questions. The video does not show Manziel accepting cash, which the broker alleges happened three times. The broker told ESPN that Manziel said he wanted money for new rims for his vehicle.

Yeah between that, which has him in his words saying he had done this before, and no Nate around to be the patsy when the cash deal was done (Nate was apparently only there for the signing, not for the making of the deal or the exchange of funds) that should about wrap it up.

When this Schad story broke, I noticed the mood on TexAgs changed from "They don't have anything on Johnny" to "well, Texas A&M didn't know anything, so at least the AD won't get in trouble."

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Another VT Player will miss the game vs. Alabama.

@RTD_MikeBarber: Joel Caleb says he is suspended for Alabama game for breaking a team rule. #Hokies

Think that's half the team that'll be out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom