• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Offseason: FEAR THE TREE (and other non-threatening PC mascots)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maddness

Living in Houston, it's sad that I rarely hear from U of H fans. I don't know which fans are worse, though. Longhorn or Aggie fans.

Probably Aggie fans right now. Longhorns haven't spoken up in a couple years.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Living in Houston, it's sad that I rarely hear from U of H fans. I don't know which fans are worse, though. Longhorn or Aggie fans.

Probably Aggie fans right now. Longhorns haven't spoken up in a couple years.
U of H... fans?

mre

Lonestar and Limedust, have you guys seen this pic of our 2011 secondary:

q0CR6Zn.jpg

Not a bad secondary right there. All five drafted; three in the first round.

ag-my001

Somehow I had never seen the end of this year's Bama-LSU game until just now on ESPNU. That had to of been some of the worst end of game defense I have ever seen, and I attended A&M.

Which game ended up being #1 on that poll?

mre

I hope that logo isn't official and it's just something Indiana came up with; as it kinda reads Big 10 Ten East.

I imagine that Indiana can only use officially approved logos.

I like how this scholarship offer isn't contingent upon him doing certain things, such as, oh, I don't know, qualifying academically. Go back and look at all of the ones linked earlier; they all have language to that effect. Indiana has pretty much just said "fuck it."

jakncoke

Banned
Just came across something that made me laugh about. In the 1945 Alabama season they played 2 lol teams. Keesler Air Force Base and Naval Air Station Pensacola. I thought maybe that Air Force and Navy were called that back then but after looking further it was not. Funny how even back then powerhouse programs would schedule creampuff

Just came across something that made me laugh about. In the 1945 Alabama season they played 2 lol teams. Keesler Air Force Base and Naval Air Station Pensacola. I thought maybe that Air Force and Navy were called that back then but after looking further it was not. Funny how even back then powerhouse programs would schedule creampuff

Michigan used to play club teams all the time.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Looks like Kliff is sticking with the cutoff capris he wore during the Spring Game. If he learned nothing else from his time under Belichick he at least got some fashion tips.
Yes, I'm aware it's at least the second time I've made that joke.

iCvhwLr.jpg

In related news, Mike Gundy was recently spotted buying 4 pairs of sweatpants and a sturdy set of scissors.

BRAZD2jCMAAeDzI.jpg:large

I hope that logo isn't official and it's just something Indiana came up with; as it kinda reads Big 10 Ten East.
That can't be an official logo. The conference would never use that superfluous "TEN" beneath it.

Just the work of some crappy graphic designer in the IU Athletic Department, most likely.

andycapps

Hey guys, football is back tonight. It's NFL and it's preaseason, but it's the Falcons and Bengals. Will be nice to see a game. I know Dallas and Miami played a few days ago but that doesn't count.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
ThAnWba.jpg

a Freshman's helmet at Ole Miss

His neck will probably break at some point, because of the massive weight he put at the front of his helmet.

andycapps

ThAnWba.jpg

a Freshman's helmet at Ole Miss

His neck will probably break at some point, because of the massive weight he put at the front of his helmet.

Yeah that seems to be a new helmet design. New to me anyway. A picture of Quayvon Hicks (UGA FB) had that same facemask. This picture is also for Meier.

IuALPJYl.jpg

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I know where all the money Alabama's getting is going (besides to Saban). It's going to guest speakers.

Think in the last few days:
Ray Lewis
Herm Edwards
Joe Girardi

People talk about uniforms getting ridiculous, facemasks are becoming way too "flashy" for lack of a better term, plus the thing makes it look like it is more difficult to get air, but what do I know I guess.

Also, since this is my first time in this thread, I am a Vanderbilt fan right in the middle of Saban country (literally, 20 minute drive to UA for me) so I catch stuff all the time, this thread should be fun!

mre

People talk about uniforms getting ridiculous, facemasks are becoming way too "flashy" for lack of a better term, plus the thing makes it look like it is more difficult to get air, but what do I know I guess.

Also, since this is my first time in this thread, I am a Vanderbilt fan right in the middle of Saban country (literally, 20 minute drive to UA for me) so I catch stuff all the time, this thread should be fun!

If skip ever shows back up, we'll have more Vandy fans than Auburn fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom