• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Offseason: FEAR THE TREE (and other non-threatening PC mascots)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingGondo

Banned
Iowa State lost to Rutger's that year, and Rutgers lost to some shitty teams that year as well. I wonder how far that degree of shitty losses extends to.
It was really the perfect storm of shittiness. The plane crash was earlier that morning, we had some extremely inopportune turnovers, we made their shitty QB look decent, and we still should have won with our fantastic kicker... who sailed it right over the upright. If it had been called good, nobody would have batted an eyelash.

In retrospect I wish we had asked for the game to be postponed, but ah well. Should have won anyways.

Dontre Wilson has scheduled a visit with Ohio State after Chip left Oregon. Would be a big get, kids good.

Also quote from Chip: "I've burned the boats, im not going back. This is where I want to be. I'm an NFL coach."

See how long this lasts.

Draxal

It was really the perfect storm of shittiness. The plane crash was earlier that morning, we had some extremely inopportune turnovers, we made their shitty QB look decent, and we still should have won with our fantastic kicker... who sailed it right over the upright. If it had been called good, nobody would have batted an eyelash.

In retrospect I wish we had asked for the game to be postponed, but ah well. Should have won anyways.

So far I got OSU >Louisiana-Lafayette > Kent State > Eastern Michigan > Western Michigan > Uconn > Rutgers > Iowa State > OSU

edit.

If i continue of LL, you can get into Big Sky territory.

andycapps

Florida promoted their LB coach, Durkin, to DC. That took about an hour, probably because it's a title only. He'll still probably coach linebackers mainly, and Muschamp will be the real DC.

bluemax

Banned
Fock, the seahawks took our defensive coordinator

I was bummed when I saw Bradley was gone but when I saw that we poached Florida's defensive coordinator I felt better. Not because I have anything against Florida, but because he's produced some good defenses.

Oh my:

Ece0Y.jpg

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
that was a long, interesting drive home. We just don't do snow here.
This is why I left work at 11:15 to pick up my 3 year old and have been working from home for the rest of the day. Experience, son. Experience.

Dontre Wilson has scheduled a visit with Ohio State after Chip left Oregon. Would be a big get, kids good.

Also quote from Chip: "I've burned the boats, im not going back. This is where I want to be. I'm an NFL coach."

See how long this lasts.

Chip will fit in perfectly at Arkansas once Bielema gets his ass fired.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Did you go to the store and buy 3 weeks worth of bread and milk yet?
me and some co workers were laughing about this. Milk Sandwiches for EVERYONE!

This is why I left work at 11:15 to pick up my 3 year old and have been working from home for the rest of the day. Experience, son. Experience.

Well, when you wait on your bosses to release everyone from work, and it's 1 pm and it's been snowing for an hour, things go sideways. Like cars!

KingGondo

Banned
Treadwell announces in less than an hour. Rumblings are that he'll pick Ole Miss, but I'm still hopeful.

Either way we'll be stacked at WR. I'd be more wrapped up in the announcement if he was a stud DE. :(

andycapps

me and some co workers were laughing about this. Milk Sandwiches for EVERYONE!
I'm partial to dipping my bread in the milk like an Oreo.

Shaq Wiggins just announced on Twitter that he's canceling the rest of his official visits and is completely committed to UGA. He'd been wavering quite a bit due to how many DBs are coming in this class.

I'm partial to dipping my bread in the milk like an Oreo.

Shaq Wiggins just announced on Twitter that he's canceling the rest of his official visits and is completely committed to UGA. He'd been wavering quite a bit due to how many DBs are coming in this class.
Spurrier tried to nab him recently.

Guys, seriously, the only way this ends right is if Swarbrick was the one who came up with the whole idea in the first place.

Think about it:

- Te'o is pretty much committed to USC at the beginning. Makes sense, right? History of successful Samoan LBs, etc.

- He suddenly switches his commitment at the last minute... to a Catholic school. Te'o is Mormon. Why?

- The relationship lasts about 4 years... meaning it started around when Te'o first went to Notre Dame.

- The university newspaper publishes article upon article backing up Te'o's story, along with details that seemingly are not found anywhere else

- The amount of money Notre Dame stands to receive for having a Heisman-winning player is huge, creating incentive for Notre Dame to boost a player's chances through any means at their disposal

- Against all logic and evidence to the contrary, Swarbrick is forced to come out and say he agrees completely with Te'o's story and that he believes in him, etc.

The truth is, in order to get Te'o's commitment, Swarbrick promised Te'o' that he'd be the university's star player with a full-on Heisman campaign with the university's full support behind him. Swarbrick also promised him an easy way to hide the fact that he's gay gain national attention and publicity.

I know what you're thinking -- how did Swarbrick know Te'o was gay? And to that I say, c'mon son. You really think a head figure at a Catholic institution wouldn't be able to both sense gayness in another person, and simultaneously know fantastic ways to hide it from the world?

Ceebs

Guys, seriously, the only way this ends right is if Swarbrick was the one who came up with the whole idea in the first place.

Think about it:

- Te'o is pretty much committed to USC at the beginning. Makes sense, right? History of successful Samoan LBs, etc.

- He suddenly switches his commitment at the last minute... to a Catholic school. Te'o is Mormon. Why?

- The relationship lasts about 4 years... meaning it started around when Te'o first went to Notre Dame.

- The university newspaper publishes article upon article backing up Te'o's story, along with details that seemingly are not found anywhere else

- The amount of money Notre Dame stands to receive for having a Heisman-winning player is huge, creating incentive for Notre Dame to boost a player's chances through any means at their disposal

- Against all logic and evidence to the contrary, Swarbrick is forced to come out and say he agrees completely with Te'o's story and that he believes in him, etc.

The truth is, in order to get Te'o's commitment, Swarbrick promised Te'o' that he'd be the university's star player with a full-on Heisman campaign with the university's full support behind him. Swarbrick also promised him an easy way to hide the fact that he's gay gain national attention and publicity.

I know what you're thinking -- how did Swarbrick know Te'o was gay? And to that I say, c'mon son. You really think a head figure at a Catholic institution wouldn't be able to both sense gayness in another person, and simultaneously know fantastic ways to hide it from the world?
1000% more plausible than all the other nonsense conspiracy theories floating around these days.

andycapps

Thought he was too when I saw him in our jersey next to the HBC.
Apparently Richt had an in-home visit with him today and gave him an ultimatum but was nice about it. Probably to stop wasting their time if he's really thinking about going somewhere else. They have to sign players and can't keep a scholarship open for him if he's not serious.

so i posted in the other thread not realizing it was dead, finally made it around to this thread

Louisville is set to a pretty big 2 weeks in recruiting, on top of already grabbing Quick....guess Ohio State's recruiters were just disinterested

so i posted in the other thread not realizing it was dead, finally made it around to this thread

Louisville is set to a pretty big 2 weeks in recruiting, on top of already grabbing Quick....guess Ohio State's recruiters were just disinterested

Quick had tweeted he was all Ohio State until the gata lost to ville. All the Gatas fault!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom