• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Offseason: FEAR THE TREE (and other non-threatening PC mascots)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
PS3 and hopefully PC (crosses fingers) as I'll be shutting down my Live subscription any day now.

LosDaddie

Banned
X360 version for me.

GTA V is the main reason why I'm not getting a new console this year. Planning on snagging a PS4 Holiday Bundle during Black Friday next year.

Enfinit

X360 version for me.

GTA V is the main reason why I'm not getting a new console this year. Planning on snagging a PS4 Holiday Bundle during Black Friday next year.

Same. 360 version for me as well.

I have a feeling they'll release a next-gen edition as well, will probably pick it up on that too when I get a next-gen console. Whenever that will be.

I'm waiting on some reviews before I commit. I just finished GTAIV last week and wasn't all that impressed with the missions. Sure, the scale of the open world was impressive but that awe factor died off fairly quickly and then it felt like i was doing mission after mundane mission with no real point.

Hopefully this one will have a more gripping story line.

Enfinit

I'm waiting on some reviews before I commit. I just finished GTAIV last week and wasn't all that impressed with the missions. Sure, the scale of the open world was impressive but that awe factor died off fairly quickly and then it felt like i was doing mission after mundane mission with no real point.

Hopefully this one will have a more gripping story line.

Have you played any of the other GTA's? GTA IV is generally considered the worst of the series as far as narrative goes.

Lonestar

To me, the GTA series was never about "wow, stories!"

GTAIV was never "utter shit" like some games I've played (even ones where it's supposed to be an important feature, like in RPGs). Game played fine, looked great in it's time (and still does imo).

Just one of those times where the rest of GAF leaves me puzzled. The Hate of GTAIV.

Normally, I'd get a 360 copy, but after the whole XBONE fiasco, really don't want anything to do with MS. Though, I think I finally have a 360 that won't RROD on me.

Because I don't use it ;P

Wonder if we'll find out if "@gray_robertson" knows anything about anything. Says word is coming on Manziel tonight, and he's suspended.

To me, the GTA series was never about "wow, stories!"

GTAIV was never "utter shit" like some games I've played (even ones where it's supposed to be an important feature, like in RPGs). Game played fine, looked great in it's time (and still does imo).

Just one of those times where the rest of GAF leaves me puzzled. The Hate of GTAIV.

Normally, I'd get a 360 copy, but after the whole XBONE fiasco, really don't want anything to do with MS. Though, I think I finally have a 360 that won't RROD on me.

Because I don't use it ;P

Wonder if we'll find out if "@gray_robertson" knows anything about anything. Says word is coming on Manziel tonight, and he's suspended.

Kids 16...

LosDaddie

Banned
God yes I couldn't maintain control on the motorcycles in GTA if I tried. I felt like Bobby Petrino trying to steer one those bikes.

Much, much improved for L&D though.

I honestly was surprised that I enjoyed L&D more than Gay Tony, but I did. Just remember that in each DLC, you have a gang member that will sell you guns & armor for cheap. Make sure you're all geared up before each mission.

Garryk

The crotch-rockets are hard to control, but the Harley-type bikes are fine. I think L&D was a little better; I didn't like the medal system in Gay Tony.

Lonestar

Thing I remembered most about the add ons, was that Gay Tony added parachutes and L&D had better motorcycles.

Tony's crossed over to GTAIV's Main game during better parts (than L&D), and I want to say I remember a sweet mission on the subway/elevated train. L&D had that Sons of Anarchy type story, and the "Ron Perlman" character was a pretty good antagonist.

pxleyes

Banned
So, who's getting GTAV and for what system?

We gotta have a crew, it's time.

IT'S TIME.

I have both 360 and PS3. I imagine I'll eventually get it for PC, but I'm up for whatever system you guys choose. Just vote it out?

My vote would probably be for PS3.

pxleyes

Banned
Some fan's helmets. The top right would have gone well with that grey uni.

TV6Ac8M.png

Lonestar

Because venturing over to the gaming side is scary.

i'll talk about the game over there, but 98% of the people on there, I don't know (or care to know).

Madden Topic is all about Dota, and NFL topic is all about BRADY DONE TORE HIS KNEE, BUTT FUMBLE 4EVA.

KingGondo

Banned
Buying it as well for PS3, even though I'm getting a PS4 at launch.

Looks pretty promising, hopefully they fixed what was wrong with GTA4.

Karakand

Why are we talking about grand theft auto did johnny football steal a car

Are you a mod in the on-topic police division or something. I swear that's what I see you do all the time now.

On topic: I enjoyed the messages of GTA IV, but the game was a little sterile and drab. (Eastern European commentary through aesthetic?) GAF hating it was expected, I guess.

Draxal

i'll talk about the game over there, but 98% of the people on there, I don't know (or care to know).

Madden Topic is all about Dota, and NFL topic is all about BRADY DONE TORE HIS KNEE, BUTT FUMBLE 4EVA.

Man, butt fumble will just forever bring a smile to my face.

FyreWulff

I can't see that happening myself. I love my state and the Huskers as much as anybody, but who would host a bowl in Lincoln in late Dec / early Jan? I know NYC is doing one now, but that is also NYC.

Also, do low-tier bowl host cities even make that much money?

You're talking about a state that has an entire baseball stadium built to host a once-a-year baseball tournament.

Jhriad

You're talking about a state that has an entire baseball stadium built to host a once-a-year baseball tournament.

You're equating an open air event in a larger town with a relatively pleasant summer, where the event has been held for over 50 years to trying to start hosting a much less important event in the midst of winter in a smaller city. Whether or not the stadium is covered people prefer the southern bowls because of all the events and fanfare that typically surrounds the bowl game itself. Not to mention whatever tourist junk the area has to offer. You're not going to have people walking around Lincoln in late December to early January. Never going to happen.

krzy123

damn bodies dropping!

Starting LB Ronnie Van Dyke out of the year. Possible starter OL Shuman out 4-6 weeks. Another RB tore his ACL but wasn't really counting on him (his 4th ACL tear in college)

Lonestar

damn bodies dropping!

Starting LB Ronnie Van Dyke out of the year. Possible starter OL Shuman out 4-6 weeks. Another RB tore his ACL but wasn't really counting on him (his 4th ACL tear in college)
Sweet Jebus, don't play the game, VT. Don't spread your curse to other teams!

UCF had their kickoff luncheon today which looked to be really nice. Put out some hype videos and some stuff for the new conference.

Also revealed their completed black and gold helmet- we'll finally have an all black uniform option which looks sick. New website also which looks not as dumb as most athletics sites.
h9PABSi.jpg

Two weeks exactly until we play our opener on Thursday the 29th.

AAC AAC AAC
1Eb94oX.jpg

Kevtones

Apparently some touted freshman kicked a 52 yarder for Oregon today.

Considering the incumbent Senior has cost Oregon a likely trip to the MNC the past two years, I'm happy to hear he might get the boot.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
damn bodies dropping!

At this rate is VT even going to have enough guys to play? Are we going to see some iron man football?

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
damn bodies dropping!

At what point does Vegas take this game off the board?
Yes. What are you, the on-topic police police? :p

There's been an emphasis recently on getting community threads to stay on-topic and not turn into chatroom cliques. Halo-GAF got shut down for a while over it. Really our minor digressions are probably fine, as long as it doesn't become the norm. But I don't want to see anything happen to my beloved hot piss thread.

Also, what am I gonna do, talk about Cal? :/
What's the point of shuffling some threads off into community, if not to form a community surrounding particular interests or hobbies? Seems kind of silly to crack down on off-topic posts in a community thread.

Karakand

Yes. What are you, the on-topic police police? :p

There's been an emphasis recently on getting community threads to stay on-topic and not turn into chatroom cliques. Halo-GAF got shut down for a while over it. Really our minor digressions are probably fine, as long as it doesn't become the norm. But I don't want to see anything happen to my beloved hot piss thread.

Also, what am I gonna do, talk about Cal? :/

Qweez cussed? o diet, eep soze cussed o deez.
B35ZU5A.gif

The hot piss must flow.

How can you not be excited about the LA. Tech mystique coming to Cal.

What's the point of shuffling some threads off into community, if not to form a community surrounding particular interests or hobbies? Seems kind of silly to crack down on off-topic posts in a community thread.

Community is kind of a misnomer (duh), and inherited from the gaming community section which existed for some time before the sundering IIRC. We were sent here to keep the front pages "dynamic," not really to build actual (sub-)communities, those have been a thorn in the side of the administratum for a couple of years.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I wonder if Hud Mellancamp being charged with battery gets us a point for the Fulmer cup. Who the fuck names their kids Hud and Speck?

so we tried to schedule ohio state for a mutual site game in 2014.....they declined

then we tried to schedule the same for 2015....again they declined

this on top of trying to schedule alabama, georgia and texas for this year. can't wait for the playoff

so we tried to schedule ohio state for a mutual site game in 2014.....they declined

this on top of trying to schedule alabama, georgia and texas for this year. can't wait for the playoff

Pffff we dont play midmajors neutral site.

Ohio State would have likely done it for a home and neutral site though.

Also what was the proposed "neutral site"?

Pffff we dont play midmajors neutral site.

Ohio State would have likely done it for a home and neutral site though.

Also what was the proposed "neutral site"?

paul brown stadium

and we dont do home and neutral series, not up for a neutral site game? then home and home, if your not up for either then oh well

paul brown stadium

Yeah like I said probably would have done it for a home/neutral site. Ohio State seems to be in the business of only scheduling teams who are willing to play here as well. Or at least thats what the schedule up to 2020 is showing. Navy is the smallest school weve done a home and neutral site with, all our other future games are home/home with big BCS teams.

andycapps

You guys aren't big enough for a home and home with the big boys yet. I understand your frustration, but thems the breaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom