• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Offseason: FEAR THE TREE (and other non-threatening PC mascots)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Te'o announced earlier today that it would be held on 2/29/2013, and that "all will be revealed."

If you have to ask...

Yes Manti, thanks to the strong spirit of Lennay, her soul was used by Kanaloa to pull the Earth along it's axis marginally slower so that every year would be leap year, and she could watch over you 366 days a year.

cashman

Banned
Dontre Wilson has scheduled a visit with Ohio State after Chip left Oregon. Would be a big get, kids good.

Also quote from Chip: "I've burned the boats, im not going back. This is where I want to be. I'm an NFL coach."

See how long this lasts.

This guy is also gonna visit Texas. The Longhorns already have Daje Johnson and he never sees the field, so I don't really care about this guy.

I think Te'o announced earlier today that it would be held on 2/29/2013, and that "all will be revealed."

You must be running out of steam. A leap year joke? You played a hell of a game so far this week, but it's time to hit the showers.

I laughed.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I hope Treadwell blows out his fucking knee before he ever plays a game. At least he'll have his dimwitted retard of a friend Standifer there to hold his hand for him.

ryan-ts

Yeah, if Standifer had gone to Michigan as planned then I'm pretty sure Treadwell would be a Wolverine. It's still not a good reason to hate the kid though.

KingGondo

Banned
This guy is also gonna visit Texas. The Longhorns already have Daje Johnson and he never sees the field, so I don't really care about this guy.
Yeah, I think if Wilson leaves Columbus without committing we have a real shot at him. We've been recruiting him forever, and Randle's departure leaves a great opportunity for him to get touches now and be the featured back for 2-3 years. Good luck with that with the RB situation at Texas.

I hope Treadwell blows out his fucking knee before he ever plays a game. At least he'll have his dimwitted retard of a friend Standifer there to hold his hand for him.
He was never going to Michigan.

Limedust

Alabama players on the Quad for a snowball fight.

-1e39d139095ff2b4.JPG

EDIT: Also thought this was a cool picture.

vy9esage.jpg

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Hmm, football players involved in a snowball fight, huh.

Sounds like Fulmer Points, or at least an extra benefit. So begins the end of Alabama.

KingGondo

Banned
You're clearly late to the party then because was a "Michigan lock" for about 2 years prior to the start of this last season.
I mean he had already ruled about Michigan as of a couple months ago. I don't get the vitriol when the fact that he wasn't going to pick Michigan had been determined a while back.

Brian Fellows said:
Any reason is a good reason to hate the kid.
Maybe if Michigan was as good as they used to be he would've picked them anyways.

Draxal

Rutgers @ SMU in 2013. (replacing the Boise game for Rutgers).

Battle between Garret Gilbert and Gary Nova for the Heisman.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I mean he had already ruled about Michigan as of a couple months ago. I don't get the vitriol when the fact that he wasn't going to pick Michigan had been determined a while back.

Oh I hated him long before he made his decision. This was just the first time I've seen the mentioned in this thread.

Maybe if Michigan was as good as they used to be he would've picked them anyways.

Possibly but he picked Ole Miss. Program quality had little to do with his decision.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Rumors on Twitter right now that Kirby Smart has gone to the Eagles.

14 minutes ago
Just confirmed Smart is in Hinesville, Georgia meeting with top 2014 LB Raekwon McMillan. As noted above he was in Jacksonville earlier today recruiting for Alabama. Last night he met with Montravious Adams and is expected to be with official visitors tonight.
From Tim Watts, owner of Bama Online

andycapps

From Tim Watts, owner of Bama Online

Same reports of Grantham still meeting with recruits. FWIW, Florida's old DC was meeting with recruits and convincing them to come to UF the night before he was announced as going to the Seahawks. The business moves very fast.

KingGondo

Banned
Oh, NBD. Just the fact that you're wishing injury on an 18 year-old kid seemingly because he didn't choose to go to your favorite school.

I question why he picked Ole Miss as well, but oh well. Thankfully my program already has 3 stud WRs committed (and several more on campus) so I don't have to worry about the commitment of 1 stud like your school does.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Oh, NBD. Just the fact that you're wishing injury on an 18 year-old kid seemingly because he didn't choose to go to your favorite school.

1. Am I the only one who has met an 18 year old kid before?

2. Him not picking my school is a small part of it. I'm not doing this for every recruit we missed. Just him.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Same reports of Grantham still meeting with recruits. FWIW, Florida's old DC was meeting with recruits and convincing them to come to UF the night before he was announced as going to the Seahawks. The business moves very fast.

As of 14 minutes ago (of my posting that article) he was still meeting with a recruit, so I was merely pointing out that any claim that he had taken the job already was mistaken.

Lonestar

You know what, I've been here for over a decade. Never had a tag, on any GAF iteration.

I knew I shouldn't have ran Dragona's dog.

Lonestar

unless we have some other ND hating mod.

Now that it's the offseason, I have to plan on some kind of new avatar. I have to plan this out correctly.

Lonestar

Coach Ellis Johnson@CoachEliJohnson
cell phone stolen while recruiting.......

good....goooooood.....

I swear, I wouldn't put it past Saban to be behind this, or the Manti Teo fiasco.

It's why, it wouldn't matter if Kirby Smart went to Philly. As long as Saban is in charge, nothing stops this train. Nothing.

Draconian

I have to admit I found mre's trolling in that thread to be even funnier than all the tweets got posted. It helped that a few people took him seriously and he kept delivering.

Draconian

Wow, I finished 10th in the pick 'em despite my top two confidence picks lost. I guess it was a bad bowl season, wasn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom