• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Offseason: FEAR THE TREE (and other non-threatening PC mascots)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Limedust

good....goooooood.....

I swear, I wouldn't put it past Saban to be behind this, or the Manti Teo fiasco.

It's why, it wouldn't matter if Kirby Smart went to Philly. As long as Saban is in charge, nothing stops this train. Nothing.

It's becoming difficult to ignore the missteps that befall every great Alabama rival.

Draxal

So Maryland's attorney general filed in court against the ACC today. When ever this suit's over, we will know if the ACC will fall apart or not.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Well, despite Hunter Jarmon practically begging for a scholarship offer from Tech, today he committed to Oregon State because "Tech wasn't going to offer."

We must have some really hot irons in the fire to be turning down Texas top 100 commits at a need position. Also shows how highly they think of Rivals 2-star WR Carlos Thompson that he got an offer and committed yesterday while Jarmon was hung out to dry.

So Middle Tennessee and and FAU will now leave for CUSA this year instead of next. But who cares about conference realignment in a time like this? Not I

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
so, on ND's campus, people are waiting on the next invisible person to die, while on Alabama's campus, they're having a national championship parade.

;D

Lonestar

Sounds like the ncaa loosened up some recruiting rules. Unlimited texting! Some other things.

Nick Saban even wears down the ncaa.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Well, despite Hunter Jarmon practically begging for a scholarship offer from Tech, today he committed to Oregon State because "Tech wasn't going to offer."

I was really hoping we would get Hunter. I feel like he'd put up huge numbers in the air raid.

Is anyone watching the NFLPA Collegiate Bowl? Jeff Tuel got the start for the National team, hope he has a good game.

Limedust

ChiTown has posted since his last ban. I was messing with him before he got himself banned for whatever happened this time.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Record 73 early entries for NFL Draft.

Seems kind of weird given the new CBA and lower pay for rookies.

We almost lost Eric Ward to the NFL not because he thought he'd get drafted but because he has a wife and kid and they need to start making some money. If Tuberville was still around I think he likely would have left, though I'm not intending that as a knock against Tuberville, I just think he probably would have considered himself to be topped out after two solid years in that offense without much to prove with another season. With a more wide open offense under Kingsbury (not that we didn't also pass a lot under the previous OC) and the fact that he's got just about as many receptions as every other returning outside receiver combined they were able to convince him to stay.

I would guess that a lot of those 73 are in a similar position; they could stand to make more money if they wait one more year but their family may not be in a financial situation to do that.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
I was on a cruise with Lennay Kekua.

I was on a cruise with Lennay Kekua.

Yeah I heard the ship sank and you did everything you could to save her life while waiting for the rescue boats but unfortunately she suffered a post traumatic stress induced stroke and tragically passed away in your arms. I don't know how to express my sympathy so instead I will commend your bravery by voting you for the heisman and heavily rooting for you in your future endeavors. What I'm trying to say is, Welcome back! (and stop getting banned)

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
Yeah I heard the ship sank and you did everything you could to save her life while waiting for the rescue boats but unfortunately she suffered a post traumatic stress induced stroke and tragically passed away in your arms. I don't know how to express my sympathy so instead I will commend your bravery by voting you for the heisman and heavily rooting for you in your future endeavors. What I'm trying to say is, Welcome back!

If only we hadn't hit that giant iceberg made of immature white blood cells.

Thank you.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
so, anyone else hearing large rumors about more teams leaving the ACC?

I've heard the rumor but it came from Greg Swaim so I haven't given it much credence.

Bob Bowlsby does seem to have backed off of his strong anti-expansion rhetoric lately, though. I think that + the Maryland lawsuit zyxwvu4321 mentions + all the B1G rumors (Georgia Tech, Virginia, etc.) are fueling the rumors about the Big XII raiding the ACC.

I've decided to stop paying much attention to expansion talk until something actually happens, though. Too many rumors flying around all the time.

Draxal

Somebody ban Saban from NJ, thanks.

edit.

Also it's the dude from WV's just regurgitating the same old shit about expansion.

Gobias

Banned
I had a dream last night that Nick Saban already replaced Kelly with the Eagles. I'm going to assume that it's true.

Former Oregon commit dontre Wilson has narrowed his picks down to Ohio st, Oregon, and okie st. Sounds like its just down to Ohio st and Oregon. Would be a good get, beast running back out of Texas.

ChiTownBuffalo

Everyone in the T'eo family needs to stop.

gty_clint_eastwood_rnc_chair_ll_120906_wblog.jpg

ChiTownBuffalo

How much is the data plan? Do they throttle?

Free nights and weekends, too?

Calling a kid 10 times a day is OK now?

That's can be a crime in some places.

ChiTownBuffalo

Cyan, it occurs to me that there are a lot of ex Cal RBs in the NFL.

Are they all more successful than Maurice Clarett?

Lonestar

Strange to find out that Tony Gonzalez went to Cal. Never heard of any good players that came out of Cal.

bluemax

Banned
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom