• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Offseason: FEAR THE TREE (and other non-threatening PC mascots)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
I will never understand the whole long distance thing. Friends did it at school and I always just wanted to say "THERE ARE SO MANY ATTRACTIVE GIRLS HERE - WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM"

For example, a buddy from college started dating a girl he met while visiting a friend at NYU who lives in Colorado. What is the point? And don't tell me about true love

Isn't that sort of like saying "What's 2 + 2? And don't tell me 4!"

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
I will never understand the whole long distance thing. Friends did it at school and I always just wanted to say "THERE ARE SO MANY ATTRACTIVE GIRLS HERE - WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM"

For example, a buddy from college started dating a girl he met while visiting a friend at NYU who lives in Colorado. What is the point? And don't tell me about true love

The POWER of Love

bluemax

Banned
NCAA is suspending the Miami investigation and launching an external review of their own compliance and investigation issues. Possible improper conduct during the investigation.

Fucking shitheads. I really wish if UCF loses their appeal hearing, which is tomorrow, they take them to court. The investigator fired over the leaking of information issues on the USC investigation was also on the UCF case.

If Miami and the associated current and former scummy coaches gets off given all the shit that was going on in their program..... disgusting.

The NCAA is corrupt and their investigations suck? WHO WOULD HAVE GUESSED!

Rutgers used to have a pretty nasty b-ball fan base.

That was destroyed by the Fred Hill Jr. error & the rise of football.

Now we have a mediocre football fan base, and a non-existent b-ball fan base.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
All this time, I was certain you were Derek Dooley.

I may have majored in history, but I lack Dooley's ability to analogize football to devastating military campaigns throughout the world's history.

ChiTownBuffalo

1113933.jpg

Colorado's QB of the Future - Niko Bellic

Err...Sefo Liufau.

ChiTownBuffalo

I am already sick of "The Throwin' Samoan" nickname.

But, people on the Colorado boards have already sussed out he has no relation to anyone involved in the T'eo business, so there's that.

Yow Ohio state is raising ticket prices for "premium game" to the 110-175 range. Not like an average joe can get tickets for that price anyway.

ChiTownBuffalo

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Charles Robinson ‏@CharlesRobinson
Bahahahaha. RT @BryanDFischer #Inception. RT @willbrinson: Manti Te'o got in a fight with his fake girlfriend about ANOTHER fake girlfriend?

I love that one of the Yahoo University Killers, Robinson, is laughing about the Teo fiasco.

Damn that sucks. Even though i fucking hate you people with a passion, I'd never condone that.

Yep, was 2005 I believe, our band will never go back to happy valley now. I've recorded my experiences in happy valley here a couple times. i expect a good ribbing and some harassment as an away fan, its part of the fun and experience. What I do not expect is to have full,unopened beer cans chucked at me.

Meier

I guess should post about Coley going to UM since no one else has. Can't blame the guy.. finally getting to actually be an OC. Jimbo's hubris has never benefited anyone on the team. In reality this will only affect us in recruiting but in that regard, it's a big hit. Coley was dynamite down in SoFla. Craig was dynamite in Alabama... lost both of them. Gran was a big draw for top flight RBs.. he's gone too. It's gonna be a weird year for the Noles.

Yep, was 2005 I believe, our band will never go back to happy valley now. I've recorded my experiences in happy valley here a couple times. i expect a good ribbing and some harassment as an away fan, its part of the fun and experience. What I do not expect is to have full,unopened beer cans chucked at me.

That is fucking awful!

Who would waste beer like that?

cashman

Banned
Texas stole an OL recruit from Baylor yesterday and got a commit from on the the top Juco OL's in the country. If this Andrew Billings guy commits then the Longhorns are going to be pretty damn stacked at the lines.

Texas stole an OL recruit from Baylor yesterday and got a commit from on the the top Juco OL's in the country. If this Andrew Billings guy commits then the Longhorns are going to be pretty damn stacked at the lines.

Fantastic.

Now, if only our linebackers manage to not suck, we will be good.

Is that the Hammad guy? I have never seen our base so pumped over a 3 star recruit.

cdyhybrid

Better keep an eye on your safeties, someone might flip them and turn them into Heisman-winning QBs.

ChiTownBuffalo

Former Colorado coach Jon Embree is the new tight ends coach for the Cincinnati Browns.

At least there will be consistency between the 2 programs.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member

For a few years now I haven't even cared when UT or OU pick up some super recruit. It's like just throwing another one on the pile.

Good on you for screwing over Baylor, though. They'll probably still keep Dionte Savage's commitment even after his visit to Tech next weekend but I hate seeing those guys outrecruit us.

Is that the Hammad guy? I have never seen our base so pumped over a 3 star recruit.

He absolutely blew UP at the end of and after the season. He went from 2 or 3 stars on Rivals to 4 stars and #172 in the country in their last ranking. Look at this freaking offer list. He was apparently just incredibly underrated all season. Story is that they didn't release video of him at all star game practices because he was annihilating everyone and they didn't want the other guys' stock to drop.

cashman

Banned
Better keep an eye on your safeties, someone might flip them and turn them into Heisman-winning QBs.

This actually kinda happened

20130106-212219.jpg

That guy was offered at QB, and if he came to Texas probably would have ended up at Safety, but he's going to Auburn where he has a better shot at being the starting QB

Talon

Well, when you have to drive whatever hours from the nearest airport to get anywhere...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom