• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Offseason: FEAR THE TREE (and other non-threatening PC mascots)

Status
Not open for further replies.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Oh shit, Oregon hired the 'WR coach of the year' winner from Duke.

More aerial in 2013.

Losing Lubick for us is like when we lost Mike MacIntyre. It sucks sucks sucks. Why can't someone take Roper? I wonder how much money it will take for Scotty Montgomery to come back to Duke.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I think someone deleted my absolute proof of Alabama's dominance over the 7 year dead version of Texas. Shame.

I think someone deleted my absolute proof of Alabama's dominance over the 7 year dead version of Texas. Shame.

It was just a dude using a bidet seemingly for the first time. If it was supposed to be a joke, I didn't "get" it. Your undeniable proof was just "water up your ass"? Was that the implication there? A rare miss by Lonestar.

I'd take CFB Cam over CFB Young every day of the week and I hate Cam Newton with a great enthusiasm and passion.

Fun fact. And this is crossing the 4th wall or whatever....

But the Gainesville police once called my parents looking for Cam Newton. My drivers license is registered in Gainesville and was around the same time Newton was at UF. This was right after he stole the laptop. They later realized we weren't the same person.

I'm sure you can figure out why they got us confused.

Lonestar

It was just a dude using a bidet seemingly for the first time. If it was supposed to be a joke, I didn't "get" it. Your undeniable proof was just "water up your ass"? Was that the implication there? A rare miss by Lonestar.

Well, someone doesn't read the OT ;P Plus, I think he's an A&M fan.

Lonestar

Fun fact. And this is crossing the 4th wall or whatever....

But the Gainesville police once called my parents looking for Cam Newton. My drivers license is registered in Gainesville and was around the same time Newton was at UF. This was right after he stole the laptop. They later realized we weren't the same person.

I'm sure you can figure out why they got us confused.

Wait, your name isn't...Cam Newton, is it?

Lonestar

If only you could imagine the fucking friend requests from Auburn and I guess now Panther fans. And all of the funny comments when I have to show ID at bars, etc.

Basically just like that Michael Jordan commercial.

At least it's not Office Space and Michael Bolton.

I share the same name of a current PGA tour professional that has played Ryder cup for team USA. Fortunately he doesn't even have a fraction of the popularity or notoriety of Cam Newton.

bluemax

Banned
I share the same name of a current PGA tour professional that has played Ryder cup for team USA. Fortunately he doesn't even have a fraction of the popularity or notoriety of Cam Newton.

I share the same name as some weird art house movie director who married an equally strange pop star. I get emails from people hoping to work for him.

I share the same name as some weird art house movie director who married an equally strange pop star. I get emails from people hoping to work for him.

I don't have the heart to play along with them either. I mean, I could friend them but then - if they're not slow, would realize my UCF affiliation and the fact we look nothing alike.

But I guess in your case, you're dealing with hopes and dreams.

I don't have the heart to play along with them either. I mean, I could friend them but then - if they're not slow, would realize my UCF affiliation and the fact we look nothing alike.

But I guess in your case, you're dealing with hopes and dreams.

If I received random friend requests from people who clearly think I'm the celebrity, I would reject all of them.....except for the attractive single females. :p

Lonestar

I amazingly share the same name as an old Atlanta Falcon (think he was a defensive lineman) as well as one poor soul who died on one of the airplanes in 9/11 (who also was from Georgia). I had to tell a couple people that it wasn't me, when people were looking at the death toll.

I amazingly share the same name as an old Atlanta Falcon (think he was a defensive lineman) as well as one poor soul who died on one of the airplanes in 9/11 (who also was from Georgia). I had to tell a couple people that it wasn't me, when people were looking at the death toll.

yikes! I hope that didn't frighten anyone you were close too. Crazy how social media wasn't around back then. Phone calls and emails were the best ways to communicate back in those days.

Trust me, he didn't attract many attractive ones...
He couldn't even attract good looking gold diggers? Poor guy

I share a name with a president.

If I have to hear you know youre named after a president one more time...

The real question is, did your parents knowingly name you after a president? If he was a lesser known pres like Ben Harrison or Frank Pierce then maybe they were unaware.

Nailed it

Therefore, you're the best person to answer these questions!

You gay?
Why did you sit around while 7 states seceded from the union?
You also seem to suck at reading the mood of the north and how they felt they were being dominated by the smaller south, especially through the Supreme Court.

Totally a Millard Fillmore

I still refuse to recognize that we had a president named Millard Fillmore. Must have been a Dave situation, where the chief of staff replaced the president with a fake in order to keep power.

Someone needs to save this gif for all things A&M related:

iABgR7UfklzyA.gif

cdyhybrid

I'm named after some Korean guy who went to Columbia.

Actually not really, but he friended me on Facebook because we have the same name.

Piggus

Oh shit, Oregon hired the 'WR coach of the year' winner from Duke.

More aerial in 2013.

Pretty convenient considering the commit from Devon Allen. That and Huff not being charged for smoking it all is a pretty lucky break for us lol.

Wouldn't be an off season without an Oregon player getting in trouble for something stupid. I wonder who's next?

If only you could imagine the fucking friend requests from Auburn and I guess now Panther fans. And all of the funny comments when I have to show ID at bars, etc.

Basically just like that Michael Jordan commercial.

Hahaha that Michael Jordan commercial was the first thing I thought of while reading your post.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
I have a generic ass Korean-American name. I share the same name as a comic book artist, whom I casually know, and am a letter off from a friend who is a pretty well known comic book artist. I get all sorts of commission requests for art.

I send the most disturbing to my friends.

The real question is, did your parents knowingly name you after a president? If he was a lesser known pres like Ben Harrison or Frank Pierce then maybe they were unaware.

No it's a very well known president, was also my great grandfathers name. It has its benefits as people never seem to forget my name.

jakncoke

Banned
That rushing record was broken this year iirc

Came up short according to maxpreps. Derrick Henry led the nation with 4261 on.. 462 fucking carries jesus. Also #3 guy averaged nearly 20 a carry :eek:

Edit: Oh you meant the career record. But damn 462 carries in season is crazy

Lonestar

I think that if he broke the high school record while enrolled at Alabama that it would be some sort of violation.

GUYS! We got em! All bama titles revoked! ALL OF THEM! Even the ones that weren't real!

Figures that Texas doesn't understand early enrollment, and when the high school football season ends. Explains 2006-Present Day.

Figures that Texas doesn't understand early enrollment, and when the high school football season ends. Explains 2006-Present Day.

Oh, I do.

HOWEVA! I said he was a commit when he broke the record, you said he was already enrolled. Therefore, NCAA violation, give me back Colt's shoulder, damn it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom