• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Offseason: FEAR THE TREE (and other non-threatening PC mascots)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
A 6'3" runningback? He must have been able to get by only partially by agility, but mostly size and strength. I can imagine him trucking those 5'5" safety's and dragging them for 20 yards after contact.

Imagine watching 6'3" Eddie George rolling through high school secondaries back in '90 or so.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Gondo, I'm hearing that Tyus Bowser committed to you guys a few days ago but that you didn't accept his commitment. Any insight?

::edit::
I guess something about him wanting to play football and basketball and they're not convinced he's committed to being a football player yet?

Spurrier handing out $100 to reporters who correctly guessed who the only 4 BCS schools to have 11 wins or more the past two seasons. South Carolina, Alabama, Oregon, and Stanford.

andycapps

Kamara, Reuben Foster, Devan Bellamy, and Montravious Adams were all in Athens on official visits this weekend. Unsurprisingly, they all want to come to UGA now. I say unsurprisingly because they'll all change their minds two more times in the next week or so like kids always do. UGA had a full weekend lined up for them, but dinner was at Sanford stadium last night.

BBlGTwqCIAErgYL.jpg

Kamara, Reuben Foster, Devan Bellamy, and Montravious Adams were all in Athens on official visits this weekend. Unsurprisingly, they all want to come to UGA now. I say unsurprisingly because they'll all change their minds two more times in the next week or so like kids always do. UGA had a full weekend lined up for them, but dinner was at Sanford stadium last night.

BBlGTwqCIAErgYL.jpg

looks like the field is just dirt. Are yall hosting a rodeo soon?

Grass is pretty much just brown this time of year in Georgia. No lines painted until the games. Just the logo on there.

Really? I was at a breakfast this past week at our stadium and noticed the grass was actually green and dudes out painting the lines. GOTTA STEP YOUR GAME UP UGA!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion

BBlGTwqCIAErgYL.jpg

quote:
@GregO_ESPN:

#Vandy RB commit Johnathan Ford says #FSU and #UGA both offered tonight. This one could get interesting. #SigningDay

So, another RB gets an offer the day after Kamara's visit?

UGA joining Alabama in the "4 RB Every Play" system?

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
The movie is terrible, but Oher is a great guy. He has a condo in Oxford next to a friend of mine and I've talked to him a few times.

Dupree was 6'2'' 225 in high school and just destroyed little 1980 dudes in 2A Mississippi football.

bluemax

Banned
The movie is terrible, but Oher is a great guy. He has a condo in Oxford next to a friend of mine and I've talked to him a few times.

Dupree was 6'2'' 225 in high school and just destroyed little 1980 dudes in 2A Mississippi football.

Yeah the footage they had of him in the 30 for 30 was ridiculous. He was just shrugging people off like it was nothing.

andycapps

So, another RB gets an offer the day after Kamara's visit?

UGA joining Alabama in the "4 RB Every Play" system?
I saw they offered Ford. Maybe just a backup plan in case Kamara doesn't pan out. He seemed to enjoy his visit a lot, was chilling with Gurley and Marshall. UGA already has AJ Turman committed, though he's not as highly ranked as Kamara. Though we see how that worked out with Gurley and Marshall. Nobody was talking about Gurley this time last year. Turman is supposed to be a big, bruising running back but not super fast.

Kamara seems like he's leaning towards Bama in this video. Seems like his mind was already made up before this visit.

Lonestar

not even CFB related, but saw this on SBNation

snowchaos.gif

ay yi yiiiii

is there even a snow games/x games topic on GAF? Figured it'd go there if there was.

Limedust

The fact that the rider was okay enough to cart-wheel-it-off after flying about 100 feet in the air makes it okay.

... and I'm apparently a part of Toronto-GAF for today. Tomorrow will be Montreal-GAF.

cdyhybrid

One of the Robinson twins cancelled his Ohio State visit and is visiting UW next weekend. Apparently the coaching staff is trying to get everyone to come up that weekend (most on unofficials because most have taken an official here already) and go all out to land some big fish.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Looks like it only stopped because it hit the truck. And maybe that guy on the corner of the truck. Looks like it hits him.

Lonestar

If you look closer, the rope/fence took out 5-15 people, along the "top" part of the .gif. Guy nearest the truck got the worst of it, but a bunch of people got a free Limbo dance with their XGames ticket.

also, wrong sport, but since it's a bunch of Auburn guys looking like doucebags
marshall_hendersonauburn.gif

Lonestar

Found out it's some Ole Miss player, who apparently can score/is good. I don't know, he's on Ole Miss, so 99% of the time, he doesn't matter.

What exactly is going on here other than a bunch of Auburn students being douchebags. What was the player doing, and what team is he from?

He's from Ole Miss, Marshall Henderson.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-basketball/2013/1/28/3923548/marshall-henderson-auburn-crowd

Fun fact about him! This is his 4th college and hes twice tried to buy 59grams of weed with $800 in counterfeit money. #SEC

http://www.kentucky.com/2013/01/27/2492809/mississippi-gunner-henderson-is.html#storylink=cpy

Ohwiseone

I think he is from ole miss. That jersey looks familiar. I am amazed that he didn't get T'd would of been a T in Big XII (but out refs are terrible and that is a whole other sport)

andycapps

He's from Ole Miss, Marshall Henderson.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-basketball/2013/1/28/3923548/marshall-henderson-auburn-crowd

Fun fact about him! This is his 4th college and hes twice tried to buy 59grams of weed with $800 in counterfeit money. #SEC

http://www.kentucky.com/2013/01/27/2492809/mississippi-gunner-henderson-is.html#storylink=cpy

That's not really a valid source, I'm going to need a Bleacher Report article.
I've heard of him, seems like a jerk.

Ohwiseone said:
I think he is from ole miss. That jersey looks familiar. I am amazed that he didn't get T'd would of been a T in Big XII (but out refs are terrible and that is a whole other sport)

The taunting in question happened after he won the game with a FT. Not great at roundball rules, but I don't think there's anything they can do as far as punishing you in the next game. I guess the league could take some action or the team could. Yeah right.

Lonestar

great hidden jewel: Small guy in blue coat, wearing glasses. He's right behind the orange shirt, no hat guy (who is right in front of the player). Small Guy throws up an "up high" bird. Cause he's short.

The taunting in question happened after he won the game with a FT. Not great at roundball rules, but I don't think there's anything they can do as far as punishing you in the next game. I guess the league could take some action or the team could. Yeah right.

If there was time on the clock, and he got T'ed up and lost the game, that would be kinda glorious.

Ohwiseone

Oh, though it happened during the game. If its after the game yeah, they can't do shit, maybe hold him back next game, but that's it.

Man, that guy from the gif looks like a swell fellow really.

Jeff-DSA

Buncha drunk teenagers reacting to being egged on by an opponent.

It's not like they are old enough to know better, and not just being dicks without reason like Yankee Douche bags .gif

Is that Marshall Henderson? He's a total douchebag. When he was at the University of Utah he was basically an embarrassment to the state. You'll have to search long and hard to find a guy that's more pleased by their own actions than he is.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Is that Marshall Henderson? He's a total douchebag. When he was at the University of Utah he was basically an embarrassment to the state. You'll have to search long and hard to find a guy that's more pleased by their own actions than he is.

I can believe it. He's way too excited about barely beating Auburn in basketball. That would be like Tim Hardaway taunting Nebraska's crowd after a narrow escape.

If you look closer, the rope/fence took out 5-15 people, along the "top" part of the .gif. Guy nearest the truck got the worst of it, but a bunch of people got a free Limbo dance with their XGames ticket.

also, wrong sport, but since it's a bunch of Auburn guys looking like doucebags
marshall_hendersonauburn.gif

Dude in the white shirt on the right just smiling away while chaos insues all around.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Henderson is like a wrestling heel at this point. He is the leading scorer in the SEC and his team is undefeated in conference. He hears a ton of abuse and the Auburn students are very close to the court and really got their money's worth on Sat. night so he gave them the business after winning a close game.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
WTF happened in here. All this netball talk. People who have been to multiple schools? MRE?

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
WTF happened in here. All this netball talk. People who have been to multiple schools? MRE?

I can confirm that the player in the image is not me. In fact, the only SEC basketball team on which I could probably see significant minutes is Auburn.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
I can confirm that the player in the image is not me. In fact, the only SEC basketball team on which I could probably see significant minutes is Auburn.

Muppets-Basketball.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom