• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Offseason: FEAR THE TREE (and other non-threatening PC mascots)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
You know you guys love polls. But do you love polls consisting of regional eateries??? I bet you do.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2013/1/29/3928412/college-football-food-restaurants
Screen_Shot_2013-01-29_at_11.03.00_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2013-01-29_at_11.03.13_AM.png

Combining Football Conferences and Food into one giant smorgasbord of sectarian violence...brilliant.

Oh, and Brent

musburger-webb-wvu.jpg

Lonestar

as a sample, gonna list the places I've actually ate at:

Chick-Fil-A (rarely, not a big fan of Chicken)
KFC (Same)
Buffalo Wild Wings (need to go back, good burgers)
Krispy Kreme (Hot N Ready mainly)
Sonic (mostly for milkshakes)
Huddle House (meh version of Waffle House)
Five Guys (mmm)
Waffle House (better than Huddle House, that's about it)
Starbucks (like everyone else)
Wataburger (couple times, seemed ok)
Mellow Mushroom (tasty!)
Jimmy Johns (good)
Krystal's (for colon cleansings)
Carl's Jr. (we know them as Hardee's)
White Castle (think I liked these more than Krystals)
Steak n Shake (was ok, just the once, didn't get a steak)
Dairy Queen (cheap Ice Cream, but sometimes that's ok)
Cracker Barrel (usual long distance trip pitstop. Everyone who travels in the South has a traditional one they stop at)
Domino's (Probably 2nd or 3rd on the Chain Pizza joints)
Dunkin Donuts (my addiction. Drinking iced coffee right now)

jagowar

Well, it's the worst debt in the SEC, and they have the lowest amount left in reserves in the SEC. So in comparison, they're worse than the rest of the SEC.

Probably not for long with what is planned for Kyle Field. We were in a very similar position a few years ago when football was horrible the ath dept was having trouble selling tickets but our recent success has changed that completely. It really is all about football success and tennessee has been pretty consistently bad for a while now.

The plans to rehab Kyle Field started when we were still in the big12. They were actually going to reduce capacity initially but once we made the sec move tickets pretty much instantly sold out completely with season tickets and with last season there is momentum now. The plan now is to significantly upgrade everything to the tune of $430 million and take capacity to around 100k. Things can quickly change and they can for tennessee too if they start having success in football.

As for the food debate.... I find in general most fast food places are overrated in general. Some are pretty good but they are the exception.

Talon

Sonic's food sucks. Their drinks are boss though.

1. Get your food at Chik-Fil-A.
2. Get a strawberry slush or cherry limeade at Sonic.

Success.

Lonestar

No Donato's pizza on this list makes it invalid.

Had that once. Do they mean to put THAT much pepperoni on it? It's literally a giant slab of pepperoni on top of it.

Chipotle is good too. They had Moe's in there somewhere, but Chipotle > Moe's.

Had that once. Do they mean to put THAT much pepperoni on it? It's literally a giant slab of pepperoni on top of it.

Chipotle is good too. They had Moe's in there somewhere, but Chipotle > Moe's.

Yes! Makes it amazing.

100 pepperonis on every large.

But the founder favorite is the best, pep., sausage, ham, and banana peppers.

My southern friends swear by Zaxbys and say it's even better than chick-fil-a chicken. Apparently one is coming to houston soon so i'll need to try it.

Just noticed this. What a joke.
Also Freebirds. 90% of aggy thinks the original Freebirds restaurant is in collie station, but really the first was in California. Cali is home of the custom burrito

It's better in the sense that you can get it with buffalo sauce. They have pretty good sweet tea as well.

The newer Fried chicken places like Canes, Fowl Digits, Zaxbys, Chicken Express all have delicious sweet tea in common. Chick Fil A has great sweet tea as well. shoot I'm craving sweet tea right now but have a dentist appointment in 20 minutes. that stuff stains my teeth worse than coke

KingGondo

Banned
wat

Sonic Blast >>>>>>> Braum's Mix
I don't really drink soda or eat much ice cream, I'm just going by food.

Braum's burgers and fries are far better than Sonic's.

Braum's is such an Oklahoma institution. Corny '80s commercials, pink and blue uniforms, little pseudo-grocery stores attached with milk, bread, and stuff like that...

I don't go there often, but I'd miss it if I didn't live here.

Sonic is based in Oklahoma too, but their food is honestly pretty bad. I'm just happy OKC will probably be getting In-N-Out within a year or two. :D

andycapps

No Donato's pizza on this list makes it invalid.

Donatos doesn't really exist outside of Columbus though. That's not even regional, that's just a pizza chain that primarily exists in one city in the B1G. Their pizza is okay though, everything in Columbus is that shitty thin crust rectangular cut. It's good, but I prefer New York style hand tossed. You're in Reynoldsburg, right? You need to go to Tyler's Pizzeria and Bakery on Main St.

Chipotle is pretty much national at this point. Sonic's Ocean Water is so good.

krzy123

Donatos doesn't really exist outside of Columbus though. That's not even regional, that's just a pizza chain that primarily exists in one city in the B1G. It's okay though, everything in Columbus is that shitty thin crust rectangular cut. It's good, but I prefer New York style thin.

Chipotle is pretty much national at this point.

We got a Donatos just now in Fairfax, VA.

KingGondo

Banned
I worked at a Braum's in high school. As a result, I will not eat there anymore unless it is ice cream.
Did you have to wear a pink visor and apron, or did you opt for a teal trucker cap?

And I don't blame you for not eating there after working there

andycapps

We got a Donatos just now in Fairfax, VA.

Really? It's better than most pizza chains, that's for sure. Though Jets is pretty good.

I have to say that Donatos was ruined for me by my in-laws who ordered it 3-4 times a week while I was dating my wife (girlfriend at the time). Completely ruined their pizza for me. I'm just getting to the point where I can eat it again.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
My southern friends swear by Zaxbys and say it's even better than chick-fil-a chicken. Apparently one is coming to houston soon so i'll need to try it.

Also Freebirds. 90% of aggy thinks the original Freebirds restaurant is in collie station, but really the first was in California. Cali is home of the custom burrito

In their defense, the first Freebirds may have been in California but something like #'s 2-30 were all in Texas.

Lonestar

Fuck y'all. BEAST is claiming Publix Deli! Don't even care it's not on the list.

There is no BEAST anymore.

laughing at the twitter war between AJ McCarron and Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, over classroom etiquette.

AJ McCarron ‏@10AJMcCarron
Man @HaHa_CD6 is really paying attention in class today. & he brought in pizza when there is a no food rule in class!
BByzS_cCQAAYCo2.jpg:large

Ha Ha ‏@HaHa_CD6
@10AJMcCarron it was Before class started �� be like that then Teachers pet ������������������������

Ha Ha ‏@HaHa_CD6
@10AJMcCarron I was taking notes o my IPhone but you taking Naps ����
BBy2Bu5CcAA_Nrz.jpg:large

AJ McCarron ‏@10AJMcCarron
Now @HaHa_CD6 is digging in his nose and on his phone in class!! #daaaaaaammmmmmmnnn I'm weak now
BBy2eGxCIAA2Dar.jpg:large

Ha Ha ‏@HaHa_CD6
@10AJMcCarron ok bro you Win��

Lonestar

The fuck? These aren't regional eateries, they're all giant chains.

Hey guys, which regional eatery is better, McDonald's (C-USA) or Burger King (MWC)?

If we left it as "hole in the wall" type places, it'd be a true popularity poll. Highest Region Population wins. This way, alot of these places are available to other regions, allowing for blah blah blah, I can't finish the statement YOLO.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
I'm afraid that what's happening to Bob Evans, White Castle, and Cook-Out in those brackets (all three being upset) is what is going to happen to Whataburger; regional chains being beaten by lower seeded national chains.

Of course, now that I look at the bracket, all they should have to get past is Jimmy John's before Whataburger is most likely the underdog the rest of the way anyway.

Lonestar

Andy:
Gentry Estes ‏@GentryEstes247
If Georgia signs Laremy Tunsil (No. 4 nationally) he would be the highest-rated recruit of the entire Mark Richt era per 247Composite.

Interesting. Says Stafford would be 6th overall

I'm afraid that what's happening to Bob Evans, White Castle, and Cook-Out in those brackets (all three being upset) is what is going to happen to Whataburger; regional chains being beaten by lower seeded national chains.

Of course, now that I look at the bracket, all they should have to get past is Jimmy John's before Whataburger is most likely the underdog the rest of the way anyway.

I'd rather Whataburger lose to Mellow Mushroom. Because Mellow Mushroom is better.

Donatos doesn't really exist outside of Columbus though. That's not even regional, that's just a pizza chain that primarily exists in one city in the B1G. Their pizza is okay though, everything in Columbus is that shitty thin crust rectangular cut. It's good, but I prefer New York style hand tossed. You're in Reynoldsburg, right? You need to go to Tyler's Pizzeria and Bakery on Main St.

Chipotle is pretty much national at this point. Sonic's Ocean Water is so good.

I was in pickerington, but moved to Dublin end of the summer when i started my new job. Theres a good NY style pizza place in pickerington on 256 called Pizzeria New York.

Lonestar

Guess I've been lucky. Though, your fault for Chicken on a Pizza ;P

Mugshots would be on this list if it was in more cities.

I went to mellow mushroom the other day for the first time. Really like it, me and my girlfriend split some potato pizza thing. Was really tasty.

andycapps

I was in pickerington, but moved to Dublin end of the summer when i started my new job. Theres a good NY style pizza place in pickerington on 256 called Pizzeria New York.

Bummer. Yeah, Pizzeria New York is pretty good. If you're ever on the east side, you have to check out Tyler's. We're in there at least once a week. They have a brick oven, and the guy used to run a bakery in Gahanna and has been baking for 18 years. They moved to Reynoldsburg a year or two ago and he just started doing pizza then, but they're really awesome.

I'm from Georgia and I don't get the love of Mellow Mushroom.

Same. I thought it was good when I was a poor college student. There are a lot better pizza places in Athens than that. Or were, not sure what's still there.

Lonestar said:
Gentry Estes ‏@GentryEstes247
If Georgia signs Laremy Tunsil (No. 4 nationally) he would be the highest-rated recruit of the entire Mark Richt era per 247Composite.

Interesting. Says Stafford would be 6th overall

All indications are that he's coming, but who knows. Stafford worked out pretty well for us. Tunsil is a day one starter and seems to be a guaranteed home run.

Bummer. Yeah, Pizzeria New York is pretty good. If you're ever on the east side, you have to check out Tyler's. We're in there at least once a week. They have a brick oven, and the guy used to run a bakery in Gahanna and has been baking for 18 years. They moved to Reynoldsburg a year or two ago and he just started doing pizza then, but they're really awesome.

My parents still live over that way so I'll have to try it out.

Lonestar

All indications are that he's coming, but who knows. Stafford worked out pretty well for us. Tunsil is a day one starter and seems to be a guaranteed home run.

Always depends on who you listen to. Each college's "guy" makes it sound like they're in the lead (UA, UGA, and Ole Miss)

At UA, he'd either redshirt, or move to RT, because Cyrus will hold LT for at least 1 more year (2 if he stays for his Senior Year). Damn, Cyrus will be a Junior in the fall...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom