• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Offseason: FEAR THE TREE (and other non-threatening PC mascots)

Status
Not open for further replies.

andycapps

Always depends on who you listen to. Each college's "guy" makes it sound like they're in the lead (UA, UGA, and Ole Miss)

At UA, he'd either redshirt, or move to RT, because Cyrus will hold LT for at least 1 more year (2 if he stays for his Senior Year). Damn, Cyrus will be a Junior in the fall...

UGA has a left tackle too, but the one they had play there this last year would slide over to guard. If we got Tunsil, he's probably a day-one start like I said, but we'd immediately have a lot more depth.

Hey guys, remember why we couldn't figure out why they were getting so many guys to go to Ole Miss? Meet Chris Kiffin. Yup, younger brother of Lane Kiffin. So yeah, recruiting violations are on the horizon for Ole Miss.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Ole Miss Commit (and #1 WR) L. Treadwell tweets a picture of him holding money, then deletes tweet. Not knowing that the internet stores EVERYTHING:

http://via.me/-98vmri2

r600x600.jpg

Nothing will happen, because it never does when these kind of pictures show up. But we do get to laugh at The Implication.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I think the correct poll should be KC/Texas/Carolina/or Memphis style BBQ.

Sad that the northeast is rather bbqless.

Why have a poll? NC style wins easily. Even Lexington style is great. I've had SC style and Texas style, and they aren't bad, but they'll never beat NC style.

andycapps

Some Walsworth family donated 8.3 million to Missouri Athletic Dept today. Apparently they're doing some improvement to their stadium.

KingGondo

Banned
Ole Miss Commit (and #1 WR) L. Treadwell tweets a picture of him holding money, then deletes tweet. Not knowing that the internet stores EVERYTHING:

http://via.me/-98vmri2

r600x600.jpg

Nothing will happen, because it never does when these kind of pictures show up. But we do get to laugh at The Implication.
Come on now. If you're implying that a school with the wide receiver tradition of Ole Miss would have to pay a recruit of Treadwell's caliber for him to pick them...

So you're telling me repeating "SEC SEC SEC" isn't enough? I don't even know what to believe anymore.

andycapps

Yeah, looking at it we do kind of suck. Chipotle is not great (don't listen to poor UW fans with their improper Mexican food tastes). Rubio's deserved better than 4 votes though :(

Chipotle isn't a west coast thing though. But it awesome, and so much better than Moe's. Never had Freebirds as we don't have them here.

I'm shocked that Carl's Jr made that list. Surprised people actually like that. East Coast didn't pick Hardees because we have standards. :p

KingGondo

Banned
Gun to my head, if I were forced to pick one "fast food" place to eat one meal per day at for the rest of my life, I'd pick Chipotle.

pac-12-restaurants
sec-restaurants
acc-restaurants
big-ten-restaurants
big-12-restaurants

they had voting for each section earlier. I imagine they had a vote limit required for entry into the big board. Blame the West Coasts RPI!

Yeah, I can't really argue with Culver's. It's pretty awesome, and I wish we had more of them in Ohio. (Thankfully we do have one in Columbus, but it's in a really shitty location.)

Bob's has great breakfast; everything else is meh. But it's a cultural institution in Ohio, so I'm glad that it's high on the list.

And I agree that Donatos should be on there.

Garryk

Did you have to wear a pink visor and apron, or did you opt for a teal trucker cap?

And I don't blame you for not eating there after working there

This was before the pink. We didn't even have Braum's shirts. Just blue trucker hats and aprons.

cashman

Banned
I'm afraid that what's happening to Bob Evans, White Castle, and Cook-Out in those brackets (all three being upset) is what is going to happen to Whataburger; regional chains being beaten by lower seeded national chains.

Of course, now that I look at the bracket, all they should have to get past is Jimmy John's before Whataburger is most likely the underdog the rest of the way anyway.
White castle sucks though and whataburger deserves to be in the final four

LosDaddie

Banned
Sucks to be ya'll, bro. Hate that Pruitt's not working out for ya.

Saving grace for FSU is that we're in the ACC. ~9win seasons and trading off with Clemson for BCS games every other year are practically guaranteed so long as FSU has a competent coach.

It has been funny to watch Ole Miss fans troll FSU fans on SBNation, though. :lol

No Donato's pizza on this list makes it invalid.

They closed down here in Central FL. Pretty good thin crust pizza, but nothing to brag about.

andycapps

Yeah, I can't really argue with Culver's. It's pretty awesome, and I wish we had more of them in Ohio. (Thankfully we do have one in Columbus, but it's in a really shitty location.)

Bob's has great breakfast; everything else is meh. But it's a cultural institution in Ohio, so I'm glad that it's high on the list.

Culvers is awesome. I just never think of going there. Bob Evans is okay, I can't criticize their food quality since I think the Waffle House has a time and place when it's good.

Chipotle isn't a west coast thing though. But it awesome, and so much better than Moe's. Never had Freebirds as we don't have them here.

I'm shocked that Carl's Jr made that list. Surprised people actually like that. East Coast didn't pick Hardees because we have standards. :p

Carl's Jr in California is much better than Hardee's was in West Virginia and SE Ohio, I can tell you that. May be a poor standard of comparison, but it's true.

Culvers is awesome. I just never think of going there. Bob Evans is okay, I can't criticize their food quality since I think the Waffle House has a time and place when it's good.

I just can't figure out why they stuck the Culver's out on Hilliard-Rome Road. Hell, it's not even on Hilliard-Rome; it's on some road that intersects with it, buried behind a bunch of trees so that you can't even see it from Hilliard-Rome. They couldn't have put it in a worse location.

Put that shit in Grandview, where people near campus and downtown can get to it easily.

andycapps

But Bob Evans is just a poor mans Marie Calenders. And Marie Calenders has better pie!

What is a Marie Calenders? You talking about the frozen dinners in the store?

Carl's Jr in California is much better than Hardee's was in West Virginia and SE Ohio, I can tell you that. May be a poor standard of comparison, but it's true.

I've never actually had Carl's Jr. I just know it's supposed to be the same thing. Every time I've been in Cali the people I'm with have always wanted to go to In-N-Out and not Carl's Jr. Though we did have Del Taco one time. I remember when those were on the East Coast.

On the whole I think the ACC wins.

Probably. The SEC has Chik Fil A and Zaxby's though, that counts for a lot.

BertramCooper said:
I just can't figure out why they stuck the Culver's out on Hilliard-Rome Road. Hell, it's not even on Hilliard-Rome; it's on some road that intersects with it, buried behind a bunch of trees so that you can't even see it from Hilliard-Rome. They couldn't have put it in a worse location.

Put that shit in Grandview, where people near campus and downtown can get to it easily.

Well, there's the one in Pickerington on 256. That's the only one I knew about. And hell, if there's one in Hilliard, it's definitely the worst location because it's in Hilliard.

Kevtones

Probably. The SEC has Chik Fil A and Zaxby's though, that counts for a lot.

I see Chik-Fil-A as the Notre Dame of this bracket, actually. Lots of (valid) hate will/should be directed towards it. They could also be the Bama, but then the hate is more jealousy and that doesn't work.

Well, there's the one in Pickerington on 256. That's the only one I knew about. And hell, if there's one in Hilliard, it's definitely the worst location because it's in Hilliard.

Hmm, I had no clue there was one in Pickerington. And I was actually in Pickerington today for work.

Yeah, Hilliard is awful. Probably the worst C-Bus suburb, along with Grove City.

andycapps

I see Chik-Fil-A as the Notre Dame of this bracket, actually. Lots of (valid) hate will/should be directed towards it. They could also be the Bama, but then the hate is more jealousy and that doesn't work.

True.. I get why people would dislike them, but I love their food and don't base my eating options anywhere on the political or social idealogies of their CEO. Primarily, my money when I go to Chik Fil A is going to the local franchise owner, the employees here, and taxes in my city. Or at least, I think that's where the majority of my money is going. Regardless, their food is still awesome.

Hmm, I had no clue there was one in Pickerington. And I was actually in Pickerington today for work.

Yeah, Hilliard is awful. Probably the worst C-Bus suburb, along with Grove City.

Yeah it's on 256 near Lancaster Ave. Right across the street from a good comic store actually, if you're into that. I'm not, really.

True about Hilliard. The weird thing about Grove City is that when I first moved up here I was living there, and it was horrible. Then I moved to the east side and never looked back. Though Grove City is looking a little nicer these days.

Theres one in Pickerington/Reynoldberg right on 256 just off 70.

Also figures they build a roosters in pickerington as soon as I move out.

edit: Beaten.

True about Hilliard. The weird thing about Grove City is that when I first moved up here I was living there, and it was horrible. Then I moved to the east side and never looked back. Though Grove City is looking a little nicer these days.

You guys are really forgetting the worst Burb. Obetz/groveport, fuck that place and everyone who lives there, I worked there all through college. Shittiest place ever. Hilliards really not all that bad, but I do stay on the north side thats by me now.

True.. I get why people would dislike them, but I love their food and don't base my eating options anywhere on the political or social idealogies of their CEO. Primarily, my money when I go to Chik Fil A is going to the local franchise owner, the employees here, and taxes in my city. Or at least, I think that's where the majority of my money is going. Regardless, their food is still awesome.

It was so much easier for me to boycott Caesar Chavez' Citgo because my car didn't care what brand of gas it consumed. McDonalds southern style chicken sandwich just doesn't cut it for me!

You guys are really forgetting the worst Burb. Obetz/groveport, fuck that place and everyone who lives there, I worked there all through college. Shittiest place ever. Hilliards really not all that bad, but I do stay on the north side thats by me now.

I've actually never been to Obetz. Not once.

Until about a year ago, I had never even heard of it.

New Rome probably wins for Worst Columbus Suburb Ever, but thankfully it doesn't actually exist anymore.

KingGondo

Banned
Haven't eaten at CFA since the whole anti-gay brouhaha.

They would need to come out and say there's nothing wrong with being gay, and donate the same amount of money to GLAAD as they did to the Family Research Council for me to eat there again.

Aaaaanyways. Don't want this thread to get political, sorry.

Talon

Chik-Fil-A is a very inclusive franchise, though. I knew somebody that tried to buy in with cash on hand, and he was all but told that he wasn't getting one unless he knew a member of the Cathy family or the Board in a significant way.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Gotcha. I forgot there were a few Braum's outside Oklahoma. They only put restaurants within a day's drive of their headquarters, IIRC.
"Within a day's drive" of Oklahoma covers the vast majority of the country...

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Chik-Fil-A is a very inclusive franchise, though. I knew somebody that tried to buy in with cash on hand, and he was all but told that he wasn't getting one unless he knew a member of the Cathy family or the Board in a significant way.
Wouldn't that be exclusive?

Chik Fil A has a very different business model. You don't "buy in," per se, because they do not sell licenses. They approve people to "operate" their franchise stores, and retain the right to snatch the franchise back with only one month's notice.

Talon

Wouldn't that be exclusive?

Chik Fil A has a very different business model. You don't "buy in," per se, because they do not sell licenses. They approve people to "operate" their franchise stores, and retain the right to snatch the franchise back with only one month's notice.
*exclusive indeed. For shame.

KingGondo

Banned
"Within a day's drive" of Oklahoma covers the vast majority of the country...
Or maybe 8 hours drive, or something like that? Can't remember what the Braum's guy said when I was 13 on that field trip. :p

I know they're only in Oklahoma and the closer parts of Texas, Kansas, Missouri, and Arkansas.

LosDaddie

Banned
Zaxbys/Guthries/Huey Magoos would win any food tourney for me. It's that damn sauce, man. Fuck. Now I want some. Guess I know what I'm having for lunch on my next Cheat Day.

Haven't eaten at CFA since the whole anti-gay brouhaha.

They would need to come out and say there's nothing wrong with being gay, and donate the same amount of money to GLAAD as they did to the Family Research Council for me to eat there again.

Aaaaanyways. Don't want this thread to get political, sorry.

I cut back on eating at CFA since all that went down. I never ate there (or any fast food joint) often in the first place, and now it's even more rare. Somehow my 4yo daughter doesn't like the nuggets anymore, either. I honestly have no idea how that went down, but she absoltely refused to eat them last time we went there.

Zaxbys/Guthries/Huey Magoos would win any food tourney for me. It's that damn sauce, man. Fuck. Now I want some. Guess I know what I'm having for lunch on my next Cheat Day.

I cut back on eating at CFA since all that went down. I never ate there (or any fast food joint) often in the first place, and now it's even more rare. Somehow my 4yo daughter doesn't like the nuggets anymore, either. I honestly have no idea how that went down, but she absoltely refused to eat them last time we went there.

YES all over my tits. Hm.... it is free tea Tuesday today....

KingGondo

Banned
It's not even really the anti-gay stuff specifically that bugs me, but more that the anti-gay stuff reminded me who the company is run by. Hardcore evangelicals make me uncomfortable.

Chipotle is a Colorado based chain which is why it should have been in the Pac 12 list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom