• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Offseason: FEAR THE TREE (and other non-threatening PC mascots)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Any of the 'Bama fans hearing rumors about Marvin Shinn transferring to Texas Tech? Would seem to be a pretty odd occurrence since I'm not sure what connection is but the rumor has been lingering on Tech sites for a few days.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Any of the 'Bama fans hearing rumors about Marvin Shinn transferring to Texas Tech? Would seem to be a pretty odd occurrence since I'm not sure what connection is but the rumor has been lingering on Tech sites for a few days.
I've heard it. Rumor is it's because of playing time, though we threw at him 3 times during the MNC game.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Any of the 'Bama fans hearing rumors about Marvin Shinn transferring to Texas Tech?

Yeah, I've heard it too.

Early "Processed" list I've heard is

Marvin Shinn to transfer (be a shame, he was starting to come along, but he was buried on the depth chart and only got playing time because of numerous WR injuries)

Phillip Ely (QB) to transfer. Pretty average QB with little future with another 2 QB's coming in and Morris done with his redshirt.

William Ming, Chris Bonds, Tana Patrick, and Jonathan Atchinson are all rumored to be thinking about quiting football (graduating, no chance for playing time), or transferring.

impirius

Starbucks over Cook-Out? ZERO LEGITIMACY

For the price of a Venti Whateverthehell, you can get a cheeseburger, a corn dog, a cheese quesadilla, and a Huge Iced Tea.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion

For the price of a Venti Whateverthehell, you can get a cheeseburger, a corn dog, a cheese quesadilla, and a Huge Iced Tea.

Never hearing of Cook-Out hurt its chances from me.

mre

I've got your back. Cook-Out rocks. Damn good shakes, too.

Talon

Man, I am from the heart of Waffle House country, but that food only tastes good when you're in High School or when it's 2 AM.

eznark

Banned
Badgers get another great FA quarterback who chooses them over Oregon and Florida.

Yeah, clearly doomed without Daterape Brett Bielema.

Talon

Badgers get another great FA quarterback who chooses them over Oregon and Florida.

Yeah, clearly doomed without Daterape Brett Bielema.
Why would anyone choose Oregon right now when Mariotta's entrenched for two years?

Now, Florida. Go Gata. :jnc

eznark

Banned
That's not the point Talon.

Also, he has three years of eligibility left. Amazing get by the Badgers.

Looks like Texas and others were going after him too.

andycapps

Its fallen recently, but they still have a top 10 class due to the sheer numbers they have got so far. Second best class in the big 10, but thats give considering the big 10 is really just two recruiting powerhouses anymore.

You mean the Big 10 is really just two recruiting powerhouses, and has always been that way (talking long term here, not talking about Nebraska or Penn State).

Draxal

That's not the point Talon.

Also, he has three years of eligibility left. Amazing get by the Badgers.

Looks like Texas and others were going after him too.

Are you talking about McEvoy? I'm not nearly as high as him, (word around here is he gets into dumb trouble from high school and his time at USC(e)), and I think he's a good conversion candidate to WR. I really thought he was WVU bound.

You mean the Big 10 is really just two recruiting powerhouses, and has always been that way (talking long term here, not talking about Nebraska or Penn State).

PSU prior to end times could recruit. Paterno's staff at the end times was old and lazy (see Old Miss), and O'Brien's staff is incredibly hamstrung at this moment (and he still got a decent class).

LosDaddie

Banned
Bama fans speculating about how many 5-star guys they'll get, and which awesome RB they'll get to be their 5th-string guy...

Meanwhile, OSU lost Treadwell to Ole Miss and may lose Fred Ross (another 4* WR) to Mississippi State. :(

Only a few schools (Texas/Ohio State/USC/OU) don't have to worry about the SEC. :(

andycapps

If we want to talk really long term, Minnesota used to be a powerhouse the middle half of the decade.

Football changed so much from the 70's on that I wouldn't go back much further than that. tOSU and Michigan are the biggest recruiting powerhouses in the conference, and have been that way for a really long time. Penn State definitely had some great players back before Paterno got too old to care, or know what he was doing.

LosDaddie said:
Only a few schools (Texas/Ohio State/USC/OU) don't have to worry about the SEC. :(

Meyer still spends a lot of time down south so he's still going up against UGA, Bama and UF. Texas surely has to deal with A&M now, right? OU and USC are mostly safe.

eznark

Banned
Are you talking about McEvoy? I'm not nearly as high as him, (word around here is he gets into dumb trouble from high school and his time at USC(e)), and I think he's a good conversion candidate to WR.

PSU prior to end times could recruit. Paterno's staff at the end times was old and lazy (see Old Miss), and O'Brien's staff is incredibly hamstrung at this moment (and he still got a decent class).

Stave is not equipped to run the type of offense I assume Anderson wants to run so having a guy who is mobile is going to be huge. Was there anything besides the one operating arrest in his past?

Kevtones

Oregon Commit Dontre Wilson (#5 RB in the nation) is set to switch to Ohio State today.

Pretty even between Oregon, tOSU, and Texas.

Oregon: chance to start immediately and play for the team with the best record in CFB the past 4 years. His 'heart' is in Oregon, according to him. System fits.

tOSU: Coming off a undefeated season. System fits. Late push. Classic flip scenario.

Texas: Texas recruit in Texas. Nuff said.

Should be interesting. He and 5* Thomas Tyner were supposed to be Oregon's two-headed RB attack along with DAT.

Draxal

Stave is not equipped to run the type of offense I assume Anderson wants to run so having a guy who is mobile is going to be huge. Was there anything besides the one operating arrest in his past?

Well, Rutgers didn't bother to offer him at all even though his mom supposedly wanted him to go here (they basically told him to go somewhere else), and this is with Rutgers probaby having the worst FBS quarterback performance in a bowl game.

He went to a good school Bergen Catholic (same as Brian Cushing) and still got into trouble. Mind you most people think he's a good kid that does stupid shit, but they're worried about his throwing mechanics (and the thought was Florida was definitely going to make him a wr). He's a good get as he does get you into Bergen Catholic which is one of the factories in tri state (Garret Dickerson is going to be a stud next year).

Rutgers is in a fight with GT(former commit) and Arkansas(fat face) over Duwop(Dennis) Mitchell, good pro/spread qb from NJ. I'm betting he goes Arkansas.

cdyhybrid

Pretty even between Oregon, tOSU, and Texas.

Oregon: chance to start immediately and play for the team with the best record in CFB the past 4 years. His 'heart' is in Oregon, according to him. System fits.

tOSU: Coming off a undefeated season. System fits. Late push. Classic flip scenario.

Texas: Texas recruit in Texas. Nuff said.

Should be interesting. He and 5* Thomas Tyner were supposed to be Oregon's two-headed RB attack along with DAT.

How sad will you be seeing the twins playing in purple and gold?

What's a good place to keep an eye on/refresh for recruiting info leading up to Wednesday? I don't pay THAT close attention, but I'll pretty much watch Eleven Warriors, and here to see what's going on. Any other sources? Is Alabama going to do another Fax Cam Girl thing after BracesGate last year?

cdyhybrid

I'd be bummed but I have this weird feeling they'll go to different schools..?

If they do end up at UW you guys will have an incredible secondary in 2014.

They had a Scout guy on the radio this morning and they're saying UW really sold one of them, but the other one is kinda hesitant. They might end up indeed splitting up. We'll see!

What's a good place to keep an eye on/refresh for recruiting info leading up to Wednesday? I don't pay THAT close attention, but I'll pretty much watch Eleven Warriors, and here to see what's going on. Any other sources? Is Alabama going to do another Fax Cam Girl thing after BracesGate last year?

Twitter definitely. Follow the Scout and Rivals guys that cover your area/school. Shit gets crazy though. Kids will be flipping their commitment almost daily at this point.

Twitter is great for recruiting news. while at the same time being the worst thing in the world for recruiting news.

mre

OG fax cam girl was an official university production. Last year's fax cam girl was from some random site and should never have opened her mouth.

bama online was going to do a fax cam girl this year but the wife of the owner put a stop to that.

KingGondo

Banned
Actually, Texas' top DT commit switched to Bama recently, and OU is having a lot of trouble getting D-line talent too. A&M has been the one destroying them recently.

Ohio State, USC and Oregon are lucky to be far, far away from SEC recruiting territory.

cdyhybrid

Actually, Texas' top DT commit switched to Bama recently, and OU is having a lot of trouble getting D-line talent too. A&M has been the one destroying them recently.

Ohio State, USC and Oregon are lucky to be far, far away from SEC recruiting territory.

Oregon has never been a recruiting powerhouse in a sense. They went for specific players that fit their system, and while they weren't in the 70s or anything as far as recruiting rankings, they never drown in 5* guys like Bama, USC, etc. They're usually in the top 20 though.

Me.

$9.95 please.

Kevtones

Oregon has never been a recruiting powerhouse in a sense. They went for specific players that fit their system, and while they weren't in the 70s or anything as far as recruiting rankings, they never drown in 5* guys like Bama, USC, etc. They're usually in the top 20 though.

Yeah, Oregon's MNC team had a single player drafted.

I'd argue 2012 Oregon was best Oregon and had the most talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom