• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Offseason: FEAR THE TREE (and other non-threatening PC mascots)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
oh snap....

ooooh snap

LP_zpsaeda8efb.jpg

RFtattoo_zpsc55c3367.jpg

OOOOOHHHH SNAP

Lonestar

Yeah, it was spelled Ladarious. Though, it really should be Ladarius, but it's the name he was given.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
How's he supposed to know that? Ladarious was only his cousin. Can you spell your cousin's name? I didn't think so.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Looking forward to an exciting day tomorrow. Lot of players making decisions that we are sitting pretty good with.

Also three recruit situations whose final two come down to us versus Tulane, us versus Ohio, and us versus Arkansas Pine-Bluff. The Ohio one is the only one that would really bother me, as the Tulane guy is from New Orleans (and I could understand picking a lesser school/conference to be closer to home) and the APB guy is from Detroit (and a guy from Detroit picking APB over Tech would be outrageous enough to just laugh at how much of a ridiculous anomaly and combination of locations it is rather than be mad).

This year's conspiracy dark horse "people on message boards actually think that could happen? Ha!" options for Tech are Mike Mitchell and Torrodney Prevot.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
I am looking forward to Colorado having a recruiting season to be the best amongst Mountain West and WAC schools.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
how'd yuri wright do this year? any interesting twitter stories since he committed there?

He's done well for a freshman. I'm pretty sure the coaching staff was watching his Twitter. But I think he learned his lesson.

One of our commits just made the SC top ten for getting a pretty good one handed interception.

He only has one hand. He's a safety. http://vimeo.com/m/59036845

That's awesome. There's a hot girl who was eliminated off The Bachelor tonight and she only had one arm. She tried so hard to not draw attention to it, but had to forfeit the roller derby challenge because she couldn't keep her balance. And the rowing challenge was tough for her as well. I imagine finding equilibrium for any human missing a limb is tough. Makes that safety's efforts all the more impressive. I hope he makes first team All Big East one day.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
That's awesome. There's a hot girl who was eliminated off The Bachelor tonight and she only had one arm. She tried so hard to not draw attention to it, but had to forfeit the roller derby challenge because she couldn't keep her balance. And the rowing challenge was tough for her as well. I imagine finding equilibrium for any human missing a limb is tough. Makes that safety's efforts all the more impressive. I hope he makes first team All Big East one day.

sonIamdissapoint.gif.

Right lads, I have thought long and hard but am changing my allegience from the Boise State Broncos to Ole Miss Rebels.

I have been reading a lot about these potential recruits and so already know four players from that team (if all goes well on signing day). That is four more players than I know at the Broncos.

Ole Miss will be more exciting to follow as they are more likely to get shown on tv in Australia as they play the bigger teams in LSU, Bama and Texas AM. They are also more likely to contest in a National Championship game soon.

Dont hate me for this, its just easier for me to follow them than Boise State. Will also be good to get on them now and watch them really compete against the best schools in a couple years time.

sonIamdissapoint.gif.

I know I may be rationalizing but whats the problem with watching a show featuring 20+ hot girls? The producers make sure to include at least one challenge that has the girls in bikinis almost every episode to appeal to the few men that watch the show, and I'm one of them. Don't judge me!!!
I hate myself for watching the show anyway

Right lads, I have thought long and hard but am changing my allegience from the Boise State Broncos to Ole Miss Rebels.

I have been reading a lot about these potential recruits and so already know four players from that team (if all goes well on signing day). That is four more players than I know at the Broncos.

Ole Miss will be more exciting to follow as they are more likely to get shown on tv in Australia as they play the bigger teams in LSU, Bama and Texas AM. They are also more likely to contest in a National Championship game soon.

Dont hate me for this, its just easier for me to follow them than Boise State. Will also be good to get on them now and watch them really compete against the best schools in a couple years time.

Pfft, Texas beat Ole Miss by 5 touchdowns last season. We'll beat them again this season, but the score will probably be much closer. And by 2014 Ole Miss will more than likely have a stronger team than Texas. The timing of the Ole Miss home and home worked out well for us.

You have to pay dues to the Klan to cheer for Ole Miss.

ChiTownBuffalo

You have to pay dues to the Klan to cheer for Ole Miss.

I think that's only if you want the old mascot back.

I think the new one, is Klan free?

Who doesn't like Southern bears?

ChiTownBuffalo

Southern homophobes.

Well good thing its not working. They aren't endangered and even have internet access.

KingGondo

Banned
It was confirmed last night that Fred Ross, a 4* WR commitment, switched from OSU to Mississippi State.

Said the SEC SEC SEC factor was a big reason he switched.

This SEC tyranny must stop. Schools from the worst state in the country are drawing stud WRs away from a school that produced Justin Blackmon, Dez Bryant, and Josh Stewart because they want the privilege of getting their shit pushed in by Bama and LSU 4x during their careers.

jjasper

At least at Ole Miss you are close to Tunica and Memphis. So you can go spend your "stipend" money on a good time. I do not understand why anyone would actively chose to go to Mississippi State unless you are loud and proud member of the 4H club.

And we are totally going to finish in the top 20 in recruiting nationally but like 9th in the SEC. Awesome. I guess we should have hired a high school girls basketball coach. Who knew they were the secret to recruiting.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Good news is it looks like we're getting all our LOIs today and this appears to be Cut's best class. Bad news, we lose another assistant as Ron Middleton heads to the Jaguars.

Everyone says that its a sign of a healthy program to have your assistants move up to better jobs, but I'm not instilled with hope. Its funny Cutcliffe's coaching tree seems to be a bit more successful than Ks.

KingGondo

Banned
We at least managed to sign Ra'Shaad Samples. There was speculation he might switch to Kentucky.

If we had lost a stud WR to Kentucky after losing one to Ole Miss and MSU... SMH.

Lonestar

dabotiger.gif

Alabama so far
1. Leon Brown
2. Cooper Bateman
3. Raheem Falkins
4. Derrick Henry
5. Brandon Hill
6. OJ Howard
7. Parker McLeod
8. Jonathan Allen
9. Robert Foster
10. Tyren Jones
11. Eddie Jackson
12. Tim Williams

Definitely will be an interesting story to say the least. I'll look forward to following his progress.

andycapps

When Nkemditche signed with Ole Miss this morning, they jumped from #12 to #9 on ESPN's class rankings. If they sign Tunsil and a couple more top players, they could easily be top 5. Maybe top 3. Ole Miss!

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Hell yes, Tech has officially signed what we've been calling the "Georgia Three" (OL Josh Outlaw, WR DJ Polite-Bray, and LB Jacarthy Mack) who all attend the same high school in a suburb of Atlanta. All three were uncommitted and announcing today. Add another guy that's near Atlanta in Zach Barnes and we did pretty damn good in the Peach State this year.

Outlaw in particular is a huge get because his recruitment picked up a whole lot near the end of the season, with visits to TCU, Tech, and Oklahoma all within a couple of weeks of each other.

It used to be the "Georgia Four" when DB Jeremy Tyler from the same school was included but for whatever reason we cooled on him. It was pretty crazy to see that we had a legitimate shot with 4 solid players at our 4 highest need positions from the same school in Georgia of all places.

Also amusing that our new staff did more in SEC country in a month than Tuberville was able to pull in three classes.

::edit::
And hey, it looks like we beat out perennial superpower Arkansas Pine-Bluff for OL Poet Thomas!

That makes us 4 for 6 on players deciding today with the final two still currently undecided. Waiting on Edward Williams and DeQuinton Osborne.

We at least managed to sign Ra'Shaad Samples. There was speculation he might switch to Kentucky.

If we had lost a stud WR to Kentucky after losing one to Ole Miss and MSU... SMH.

Chad Scott, the RB coach at Kentucky who followed their OC there from Tech, is a TREMENDOUS recruiter. Don't be surprised to see them steal some very nice recruits, particularly on offense, while he's around.

jjasper

We just got some QB to switch from ASU to us. I am not used to that. Dooleys mantra of you can't change a kids choice in the last 48hrs is gone. Thank god.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
From FrogsOWar.com -

WHAT THE FUCK.

Screw off Trey Haverty. Now, offensive lineman Josh Outlaw, also from Lithonia, GA (teammates with DeMarquis Polite-Bray), has officially signed with Texas Tech.

Havery may have a poison dart in his neck by the end of the day.

My current state:

xC3gaUM.gif

:jnc

Love sticking it to TCU.

So, Auburn goes winless in conference play, has a 3 win season, fires their whole coaching staff, and in one month this new staff is able to steal all these elite players away? Am I the only one who thinks this is fishy?

It's like Auburn and Ole Miss are trying to see who can out-cheat the other.

Lonestar

So, Auburn goes winless in conference play, has a 3 win season, fires their whole coaching staff, and in one month this new staff is able to steal all these elite players away? Am I the only one who thinks this is fishy?

It's like Auburn and Ole Miss are trying to see who can out-cheat the other.

Pretty much, though Gus, for all intents and purposes, took a 1 year Arkansas Outback vacation.

Listening to Holly Rowe talk to Les Miles, and it reminded me: LSU has actually been recruiting as well. Totally forgot they still did that. They've had Zero Fire in the recruiting news. Though, Florida hasn't had alot either.

AntoneM

We just got some QB to switch from ASU to us. I am not used to that. Dooleys mantra of you can't change a kids choice in the last 48hrs is gone. Thank god.

Just as well, we already have Taylor Kelly coming back as the starter next year and he's only going to be a redshirt junior, behind him we got Michael Eubank who's going to be a redshirt sophomore and has seen a lot of playing time as the backup. Our third stringer is also a redshirt sophomore.

Also, the reports over the last few weeks have been that his mom is ill and she didn't want him to go so far for school.

Good kid, very smart, good get for you guys.

Draxal

Arkansas got 4* OL Denver Kirkland out of Miami. Al Golden has burned some serious bridges down in South Beach.

In a weird triangle relationship, Rutgers lost out on Al-Quaddin Muhammed to Miami, but is in a dogfight with Arkansas for Duwop (Dennis) Mitchell. I'd honestly take Mitchell over Muhammed (matter of need here), so i'm hoping for the best.

Otherwise, incoming (justified) Sirpopopopop barrage.

and Wow, Big 10 asides from Michigan/OSU kinda suck overall in recruiting.

Lonestar

Alabama So Far

Signed LOI
1. Derrick Henry - 5 Star RB
2. OJ Howard - 5 Star TE
3. Cooper Bateman - 4 Star QB
4. Leon Brown - 4 Star Juco OT
5. Raheem Falkins - 4 Star WR
6. Brandon Hill - 3 Star Prep School OT
7. Parker McLeod - 3 Star QB
8. Johnathan Allen - 5 Star LB
9. Robert Foster - 5 Star WR
10. Tyren Jones - 4 Star RB
11. Eddie Jackson - 4 Star CB
12. Tim Williams - 4 Star DE
13. Darius Paige - 4 Star DT
14. Jonathan Cook - 4 Star CB
15. Ardarius Stewart - 4 Star ATH
16. Grant Hill - 4 Star OG
17. Altee Tenpenny - 4 Star RB (per Andrew Bone)

Impressive that Tenpenny is sticking with us! 3 RB's with Kamara in a few hours.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
I really need a Haters Gonna Hate gif made from a scene where Sandra Bullock teaches Oher how to block in The Blind Side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom