• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Offseason: FEAR THE TREE (and other non-threatening PC mascots)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Matt Thomas hasn't sent in his LOI to FSU yet :lol Man, I hope a Cyrus K. Situation happens this year!

It's weird that there aren't 50 butthurt threads on the Hog sites about this yet.

Getting Collins has to help ease that part.

KingGondo

Banned
I really need a Haters Gonna Hate gif made from a scene where Sandra Bullock teaches Oher how to block in The Blind Side.
The whole "haters" meme might be the most idiotic thing to come from modern culture.

The odds of a school like Ole Miss pulling a class like this without cheating are microscopically small, and you know it.

Enjoy 2-3 years of Cottton Bowl berths before the NCAA smacks you back down.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
So, Auburn goes winless in conference play, has a 3 win season, fires their whole coaching staff, and in one month this new staff is able to steal all these elite players away? Am I the only one who thinks this is fishy?

It's like Auburn and Ole Miss are trying to see who can out-cheat the other.

At least Auburn has some recent skins. Undefeated season under Tuberville and a legit MNC in the last decade. What is Ole Miss selling?

McNei1y

It's cool working at the high school I graduated from. I saw the two big names here commit to Virginia Tech and Clemson today. Then again, I witnessed Jelani Jenkins commit to Florida on ESPN some years back.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
The whole "haters" meme might be the most idiotic thing to come from modern culture.

The odds of a school like Ole Miss pulling a class like this without cheating are microscopically small, and you know it.

Enjoy 2-3 years of Cottton Bowl berths before the NCAA smacks you back down.

Unrelated but I only just now realized that you guys only have one commitment from the state of Oklahoma.

::edit::
Though looking back at a few of you and OU's classes there are a lot fewer players from OK than I expected. Didn't realize pickings were that slim in the state. I know we've gotten some really good players from there before.

KingGondo

Banned
Unrelated but I only just now realized that you guys only have one commitment from the state of Oklahoma.
That's how it usually goes. Even last year we only had a couple.

Not many great D1 prospects here, and the best ones tend to get poached by OU and Texas.

We have more commits from Georgia than we do from Oklahoma, too.

God damn Urban knows how to close. Stealing Wilson from Oregon, then picking up Vonn Bell, and now we got WR James Clark out of Florida picking OSU over Gatas.

This class will be 1 or 2 on most sites now.

I love Urbz recruiting style over Tress's. Tress would never really fight with a school over a player, only one I can remember is TP.

andycapps

Every school in the rest of the country, you're welcome for your Georgia recruits. Quite a hotbed of talent now. Georgia's signed LOI's thus far:

1. TE Jordan Davis
2. DL DeAndre Johnson
3. RB A.J. Turman
4. S Kennar Johnson
5. CB Shaq Wiggins
6. OLB Leonard Floyd
7. CB Brendan Langley
8. C/OG Brandon Kublanow
9. S Paris Bostick
10. WR Reggie Davis
11. WR Uriah LeMay
12. LB Johnny O'Neal
13. DE/OLB Shaun McGee
14. WR/KR Rico Johnson

Enrolled early:
15. DL John Atkins
16. OT Aulden Bynum
17. OG/C Josh Cardiello
18. LB Reggie Carter
19. WR/KR J.J. Green
20. FS Tray Matthews
21. S Quincy Mauger
22. DL Chris Mayes
23. QB Brice Ramsey
24. LB Ryne Rankin
25. WR Jonathon Rumph
26. WR Tramel Terry
27. CB Reggie Wilkerson

Right lads, I have thought long and hard but am changing my allegience from the Boise State Broncos to Ole Miss Rebels.

I have been reading a lot about these potential recruits and so already know four players from that team (if all goes well on signing day). That is four more players than I know at the Broncos.

Ole Miss will be more exciting to follow as they are more likely to get shown on tv in Australia as they play the bigger teams in LSU, Bama and Texas AM. They are also more likely to contest in a National Championship game soon.

Dont hate me for this, its just easier for me to follow them than Boise State. Will also be good to get on them now and watch them really compete against the best schools in a couple years time.

Ole Miss has less of a chance of reaching the national championship game than Boise.

You can book that one no problem.

Draxal, I would like to see you spin this shithole of a class for Rutgers in a positive manner.

Missing on all our prime targets except for Barnwell & Miller. Missing on projects.

Kyle Flood can't recruit, can't coach. He makes Schiano look like Bear Bryant.

andycapps

Ole Miss signed Antonio Conner, over Bama.

Reuben Foster did, in fact, sign with Bama.

Repeating a joke I saw on my Twitter feed.. Big news today from Ole Miss and the post office, two institutions that do not deliver on Saturdays.

Garryk

Draxal, I would like to see you spin this shithole of a class for Rutgers in a positive manner.

Missing on all our prime targets except for Barnwell & Miller. Missing on projects.

Duwop Mitchel will be at Rutgers next year.

When the Razorbacks are in town. :p

andycapps

Davin Bellamy just told Kipp Adams from ESPN that he's signing with UGA. So at least one thing went right for us today.

DeVondre Seymour, son of Richard Seymour, signed as well. So we should be up to 29 now. Awaiting three more LOI's from commits, and anything else would be a surprise.

Oh and I welcome the many South Carolina season ticket holders that UCF will no doubt gain. They are announcing a useless promotion for the endzone seats that will have them at $99 for the season.

Welcome to Orlando.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Somebody on the Tech boards got ahold of the Cincinnati fax line and now a bunch of people are trolling Tuberville on it. Ha.

Draxal

Otherwise, incoming (justified) Sirpopopopop barrage.

I said it was justified.

And the only way I can spin this, at least we're not Cuse.

Lonestar

Great. Alex Collins's mom won't sign his LOI to play for the Razorbacks.

#DRAAAAAAAAAAMZ

Just seeing this too. Crazy.

While we've been helped out with this in the past (Cyrus K's parents not accepting his Auburn committment 2 years ago), it sucks that parents could have that kind of effect. Now, if it was a bad choice like a 5 star choosing to go to a bad school, I could understand, but something like "distance from home" is a poor reason to do this.

andycapps

Wee, Dee Liner coming to Alabama.

Expected, but good pickup regardless.

Great. Alex Collins's mom won't sign his LOI to play for the Razorbacks.

#DRAAAAAAAAAAMZ

Smart lady. I remember that same situation happening when Josh Harvey-Clemons grandfather wouldn't sign his LOI for several days after NSD.

Interesting thing that Georgia missed out on Montravious Adams because of Garner leaving for Auburn (which led to him signing there), but got Devin Bellamy only because Garner left (because Garner fucked up a visit of his to Georgia). I think we were hurt a little by Garner leaving this year, but it'll pay dividends in the future.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
We were 5 for 5 on players deciding their commitment today and we didn't lose anybody previously committed so this has been a damn good day for Tech considering the position the staff started out in. DeQuinton Osborne is the 6th guy whose decision we're looking forward to but it came out a day or two ago that he doesn't expect to decide today so who knows when that one will be decided.

::edit::
May have spoke too soon, apparently Edward Williams is having "second thoughts" about going to Tech. Word came out this morning that Miami had offered him, which I'm sure has something to do with it. He committed to Tech this morning but hasn't signed his LOI yet.

Lonestar

While speaking to fans at the Butts-Mehre, Todd Grantham was asked by a fan if he'll be at UGA more years.

Grantham's reply wasn't terribly committal.

"I can tell you this: My family loves it here. I like it here a lot. This is a very special place, and I think the day needs to be focused on the players we've got here right now and trying to get back to Atlanta."

Hmmm

andycapps

@JohnLillyUGA: Great day welcoming new Dawgs!....and even better days coming in the fall when we take ours and beat theirs.

Not so subtle dig at the barners.

@RadiNabulsi (ESPN): Hearing that #UGA might have a signing day surprise. Stay tuned.

OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD

Lonestar said:

He promised Davin Bellamy's mom that he'd be there this year when they talked last night, but we know how the business is. Who knows. I think he's enjoying fucking with the media, honestly. I doubt he leaves this year.

Lonestar

Who are you thinking is this Mystery X Recruit?

Think ya'll get Kamara?

Think Alabama's down to A. Robinson, Kamara, and the very doubtful Eddie V.

andycapps

Who are you thinking is this Mystery X Recruit?

Think ya'll get Kamara?

Of the ones on the board, that's the only one that's a remote possibility, but would be a big surprise. I figured "he gone" last week.

If it's not Kamara, it's somebody that Richt just randomly offered last minute that was considered a shoe in somewhere else, but they accepted. Happened before, but I think it's Kamara.

More Kyle Flood incompetency:

Apparently we have a football recruit called Dorian Mitchell.

Who is he? I don't know, he's not on our commitment list, he didn't send in any papers! He's not in the database.

Maybe he means Dorian Miller?

Lonestar

:lol wut

ESPNU talking about A. Collins and his missing LOI

ITS CRAZY

His mom snatched the Arkansas LOI and RAN

SHE RAN!

They can't find her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom